Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing good. I don't remember a June before where we got so much rain as this year. We went to walmart today and a little town you go through to get to walmart was really getting flooded badly. It was scary and I wanted to turn around and go back home but dh thought it would be ok and thankfully we made it fine. My frugals are the usuals staying home, cooking and using up leftovers. I had a dermatologist appointment the other day and they gave me some free samples. The bad part was when trying to pick up a new prescription they said my insurance refused to cover it and that it would be over 500 dollars a month if I wanted to just buy it myself. So that ain't happening. I'm hoping they will call me in another prescription but they haven't called me back. It's frustrating to need meds you can't afford especially when you pay a large amount each month to have insurance in the first place. Ellen, way to go on all those miles. Have a good night everyone.
Jean
Old 06-26-2018, 06:06 AM
Nine Year Member

wow Jean, $500 is a big chunka money! I hope you get a better choice and soon!

yesterday I got a fever for a few hours, went home, sweated it out under five blankets, weak when I woke up, but better today...will bike this afternoon after work, still have those 18.1 miles to go...they extended the deadline but I'd rather get it done this week.

frugal? not sure, eye glasses were $600...and the Rx is off in the top left of my eye, so I won't pay until they fix it right...last time I said I would live with it, but it was more annoying as the years went on...been six years since a new pair of glasses so I really want these to be right...varilux with coatings, the frames were covered by my insurance but wow, the price for lenses!

I've half a mind to take my Rx and get an inexpensive pair made and compare...

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 06-26-2018, 07:07 AM
Nine Year Member

Jean, I wonder if the manufacturer of the medicine would have an assistance program. Might be worth a phone call. Also your insurance company might require you to try a cheaper drug before paying the more expensive one.

Ellen, I've also wondered about the "cheap lenses" companies. My insurance will only cover lined bifocals which I don't see as well as I do in the no-line bifocals which I have paid for in the past. But $300 for no-line lenses is a rip off.

Roberta
Old 06-27-2018, 05:20 AM
Nine Year Member

Roberta, can you tell me about the lined bifocals? I want my husband to try them, he has two pairs and is often found wearing the wrong pair, setting aside a pair on the floor where it gets stepped on, etc. He refuses to try un-lined versions.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:11 AM
Nine Year Member

The no line bifocals don't have the disturbance in sight like the lined do as the "edges" are gently blended into the rest of the prescription. Having had the no-line then the lined (didn't have the $300 to pay for the lenses myself) for a couple of years I hate it. I am tilting my head up and down to be able to see around the line.

Roberta
Old 06-27-2018, 06:59 PM
Nine Year Member

Shopped at Publix today was able to save $58.26 on b1g1 savings especially on fish fillets, pizza, potato chips, P/F Cakes. Had big savings on soups. red potatoes, Cabot cheese & sliced turkey. Been able to cut my grocery bill each month with sale items each week so I am ahead at the end of the month with more for the next with free items. Eating home each meal helps my food budget for the three of us.
________
Sueanne

Old 07-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Nine Year Member

Shopped early today at Publix to beat the heat. Another good week of savings saved $79.42. Loads of b1g1 items this week. My freezer has enough of everything for the three of us.
________
Sueanne

Old 07-03-2018, 06:55 AM
Nine Year Member

Going through boxes and found 5 gift cards so I checked the balances to make sure they were zero before tossing. One still had $5 on it!! So I wrote $5 in black sharpie on the card and in my wallet it went.

One of my sisters is in the hospital with a blocked artery hopefully I will be bringing her home today if there weren't any issues over night.

Roberta
Old 07-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Nine Year Member

I do hope your sister is better today, Roberta. Many good prayers and wishes for her speedy recovery.

Sueanne, what terrific savings! Everyone talks about moving to Florida because the tax structure is kind to seniors. The hidden benefits are the discount grocery stores that abound in your area!

I will be visiting Coral Springs tomorrow through next Wednesday. If I am close to you I would love to catch up if you are available.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenmelon View Post

Sueanne, what terrific savings! Everyone talks about moving to Florida because the tax structure is kind to seniors. The hidden benefits are the discount grocery stores that abound in your area!

I will be visiting Coral Springs tomorrow through next Wednesday. If I am close to you I would love to catch up if you are available.

Ellen.....After checking the map see where Leesburg is at least 3 hr. & 36 min. away from Coral Springs 241 miles.

Will be a busy week for us with the Holiday & family visiting at this time.
I am sure you will enjoy your stay with your friend and her family visiting Florida.
_______
Sueanne

Closed Thread