Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Old 12-31-2017, 07:22 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today~March 2018

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 03-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

just seeing if this link works
Old 03-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Rubbing yourself on the corner of the frig works in a pinch as a back massage. Now I have sore muscles but my back is more bendy.

Roberta
Old 03-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Roberta!

jumping for joy for you!

settlement and a regular monthly payment is soooo great!

All is fine here, have lost 15 lbs on WW, very happy about that.

DH and I got some flat boards and J-hooks (rope hooks) to hang the cast iron on the garage wall, finally it is up off the floor and out of the back of the shelves, to where I will be able to access it with ease. Love cooking with cast iron.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-08-2018, 03:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sad face

DD1 & I went to CVS spent $26.71 (made a $5 error ) for $79.84.

tonight is Purrs TNR's quarter auction that I've been working on getting donations for. Since DH's disability is coming I paid for the food, etc. so all food & pop/water sold will be 100% profit for them.

Roberta

Old 03-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Still buying produce from the neighborhood produce stand down the road. By sharing the photos on our community website he has enjoyed new customers. I am glad to help him the few days that he is there each week. I have been sending my ds to shop so he can learn about prices & quality of produce. He goes the first day he is open to get the best choices. Still have not gone grocery shopping using up all the extras I was able to get on sale.
________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2018, 10:06 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy March ladies. Been busy with life. Frugal is using up the food we have for the next week.

Charlotte
Old 03-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello there, my friends!

Where does the time go?! It's hard to believe we are nearly halfway through March! Time is flying, that's for sure! I've been trying to play catch up on all of your posts--everyone has had a lot going on! Even when I don't post, I'm thinking of you all.

I'm still enjoying the new job. As I hear of all of the changes at my previous employer, I know that even if I didn't like my new job, it was time to leave my old one. I am still doing freelance writing for their healthy living magazine, which is nice both for the extra money and the creative outlet.

Paul and I took a trip to Sam's Club last weekend and stocked up on a few things--mostly OTC meds for home and some paper goods that he needed at his shop.

I've started to put away freebies for Christmas stocking stuffers. I try to grab them throughout the year so I have a nice assortment by Christmas.

We started cleaning out the basement last weekend. That's quite the project! It has become a receptacle for...everything! When I moved in, a lot of my things landed there and never moved (I moved in during that time period when I was going through my surgeries, so sorting through all of that was at the bottom of my list!) Paul had a lot of things stored down there too. We donated 5 bags of clothing to a homeless shelter, and we have quite a few things to list online to sell too. We still have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do, but it was a good start.

Anyway, hello to all! Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Frugal was calling the banks in town to see what their interest rates were on savings accounts, next to nothing is paid now. Today we opened a savings account at the bank they paid the highest rate .05% to earn some interest while we figure out what jobs are going to get done first. His monthly check will go into our checking.

Picked up 25 lbs of potatoes today paying $.88 per 5 lb. Will store them in our cold room (storage room that has no heat) along with the extra bag of sweet onions that was $1.99 for 3 lbs.

Roberta

Old 03-10-2018, 06:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Giving haircuts with razor combs

Gave ds a haircut yesterday with the razor comb that thins the hair while cutting. Do the rest with the scissor made for cutting hair. Does a profesional
job for free. By keeping it trimmed his hair is healthy for his age with no graying yet. The birds will have a good time building their new nests now.
_________
Sueanne

Attached Images