Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 06:21 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today~February 2018

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 01-31-2018, 05:01 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma

What a year 2017 has been for all of us. I hit a record in my working career of 3 jobs in one year. You made the move to a new state and a new job. I'll be interested to hear your experiences in the future with the bug company at least you won't have to deal with bed bugs.

Saying a quick hello to everyone.. we are so darn busy and it's time for me to start heading to bed but wanted to hop over here and get the new thread started for tomorrow.

Love to all

Anna
Old 02-01-2018, 05:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy February !
Old 02-01-2018, 05:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Today is the first of two court dates for DD1's divorce/custody. The child advocate ruled in DD1's favor so hoping the judge does grant her full custody. The co-parenting has been very hard on Hunter. He clings to Mom when with her and screams/cries when she leaves the room or goes to classes.

I've been able to consolidate boxes and post items for sale again. I have twice the amount posted as I did last week. Working on getting more ready for posting next week.

Roberta

Old 02-02-2018, 02:44 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning all!!

Roberta, will keep your dd in prayer for a favorable outcome in the custody matters, It is very difficult for sure.

Hoping you sell lots of the stuff you have posted.

Anna, you are so right. I have made some tremendous changes in my life. And getting my A1-C and my blood pressure down are also significant changes.

We do deal with bedbugs too, all kinds of things that damage/eat your lawn, shrub fertilizer, and even an eco-friendly/pest killing attic insulation. This coming week I have to go out with a tech all week, and then I will get a certification card that says I have been trained too. That way if the state comes in and asks to see the cards of all working there, I am covered. Supposed to be an easy week, but I don't know until I've done it.

I still have so much to learn.

Getting organized a little here. Can't find lots of things yet, and even stumbled over some memories too. I am beginning to think that packing was the easiest of those things, rather than the unpacking.

Better go for now. Have to get lunch together and get out the door.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 02-02-2018, 05:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

GRRRR the final court date has been pushed back till April for a full day hearing. The judge decided that the hearing would take longer than the slotted 3 hr (1/2 day of court).

Yesterday I worked on gathering up quarter auction items for both Avon & Our Hearts Desire from what I have on hand. So far the vendor group I'm in has 16 auctions on the books for the rest of the year and fall auctions haven't been booked yet.

Roberta

Old 02-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ellen, you are 'way ahead of me! You sound really organized, and I applaud you. Me, I'm just tossing what I see that can go. Eventually it will really show. In the meantime, this helps to keep me (somewhat) focused!

All of you are sounding so industrious!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:22 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

So glad that it is Friday evening.

Roberta, sorry that the custody hearing didn't get on, and that it had to be rescheduled. Hopefully the 8 weeks will pass quickly, and quietly for all concerned.

Glad to hear your groups have so many auctions scheduled, and I am sure there will be more that you can participate in as time goes on, and they get scheduled.

Laura, you are still plugging away, even if it seems that that you aren't making too much progress at this time. I can't look back at my mess and not realize I had way too much. And even with this little, pared down bit, it is still too much.

Well ladies, next week, I have "field trip week" all week. Not sure if I am looking forward to it or not. But it is part of what I have to do to be part of this company, so I will do it.

Better go for now. My weekly "Fried Egg Sandwich Friday" meal is waiting for me - this week, with cheese (I am just so "egg-citing" I know)!

Take care all!! Norma
Old 02-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Took a lot of time today to puree all the fruit & veggie peels & frozen banana peels that I keep frozen that I had saved the last couple of days. Mix it with more water and gave each tree a pitcher full all around the base of the trees.
The fig trees are getting buds which is a happy sight to see. Save all the freezer bags to wash and use again.
Been buying snack bags to use for frozen bananas individually wrapped cut in half. Use them in smoothies & deserts. Still making the smoothie's with fresh fruit in the Ninja since it still leaves some fiber in the drink.
________
Sueanne

Old 02-04-2018, 06:39 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning all!!

I had a great day yesterday, even though it didn't go exactly as I had planned.

I took the laundry to the laundrymat, not in the apt. complex. It is clean, manned, has ac and is really nice. I will always take my laundry there.

Back home, and put it all away.

Next to my brother's side of town. He had let me know he had to go in to work for a little while, but that my mail and a certified letter had come (well the card to pick it up anyway). And he had some food I had left, all ready in bags for me.

I stopped at WM, looking for a couple of things, and another of those 6' wire shelved storage racks (to put together). Well, they didn't have one, so I knew I could probably find one in Target. Went passed my brother's development, to Target and then the bank (had a check to put in).

Went to Mark's, and just as I pulled in, He was getting out of his truck. I asked if he wanted to go to lunch, my treat. So we grabbed the card for the cert. letter, went to the post office and then to what has become my favorite seafood restaurant - Trent's (a little hole-in-the-wall with the best food).

I had wanted to go to the furniture store (Ashley's) to look for a couch, so he came with. 3 hours later, I have a couch and a recliner on order. Took forever. Since my credit was ruined by the foreclosure on Elwood's house, I really didn't think I would qualify for any credit. So I offered to put 1/2 down and they let me finance the rest. I can use this to help re-build my credit.

Then we circled back and stopped at the discount bakery.

You have to understand that I had already looked up the addresses for all these places, and was ready to put them into the gps, and go all by myself. But this was a good day.

Mark even sent me home with his dolly so I didn't have to "walk" the package with the shelving unit into the apartment building.

I have finally put all the shelves into the 2 bookcases and started loading them, which will eliminate some of the totes here.

I need to go make some chili, freeze the rest of the ground meat, and make some tuna salad.

Am boycotting the big game as I have done all year because of the players and their owners, so won't be watching that at all.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread