Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 06:46 AM
Nine Year Member

Sueanne, we have changed the flapper arm many times over the 28 yrs that we have been here. DD1 and I fought the tank for 2 hrs replacing the seal once.

DD2 had a sleep over with 5 friends for her 16th birthday (4 day weekend for school). They are now in the kitchen getting their breakfast. I did a taco/nacho bar for dinner last night, 3 lbs of taco meat were devoured. They had fun making the bracelets and used the leftover stickers to decorate their faces! All 14-16 yrs old girls acting like toddlers, lol. I bought silly string, went back after the first 6 cans were gone in a flash and bought 12 more. Love Dollar Tree.

Roberta
Old 02-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Nine Year Member

I had a side handle on the toilet tank so made it harder to line everything up so it wouldn't hit anything and break another part. The handle flushes better now than when they installed it.
Gave dh a haircut today can see the difference so neat. Even trimmed his eye brows hate bushy brows.
________
Sueanne

Old 02-18-2018, 04:19 AM

Good morning all!!

Ellen, so happy to hear the news that your sister's chemo is working. Hope they found that stem donor for her. I am praying that she will recover fully, and quickly.

It's great to see those pre-wedding photos, I know. Hope she finds the dress that is perfect for her. I know you are saving your pennies to make sure you have a good flight out for the wedding.

Glad to hear you are able to find a diet that is working for you, and you are not hungry.

You asked about commission. It is on top of my $11 hour salary. And only if I sell a pest or mosquito package.

Roberta, I saw your dd's birthday photos on facebook, looks like they had just the best time. Hard to believe she's 16 already.

Good for you on selling your stuff. Every little bit helps.

Sueanne, I know the plants will come back healthier this year because of all the love and fertilizer you put on them.

I am also still taking the moringa daily. It really helps with my arthritis pain, and adding in all those other nutrients, and the antibacterials and antimicrobials, I am sure has helped me stay healthy during this flu season, even if no one anywhere has mentioned it.

It has been a week of running after work again, well twice anyway. I had to hook up and print out several pages of documents related to the sale of my nephew's house the other night. Here I am at 9 pm (you know, too tired to care, and hopefully getting it right), hooking up the printer, and printing out all the papers. The next day at lunch, I had to run to the bank and get one signed. Then after work I had to "find" a staples close to me so I could scan and email those documents to myself, then go home and email them to everyone who had to get them.

Only to find out that they sent me one more page that had to go also. So the next evening I was doing it all over again. What fun. But, the upside is, not only do I know where the staples is, one of the Habitat for Humanity Re-Stores is next door. Didn't have a chance to stop in, but, now I have a clear view in my mind as to where it is.

Last Sunday afternoon, I got the steel and wire shelving unit up and have been adding things to it as I unpack them.

I had asked Mark for dinner on Friday, and he said it looked nice. He also helped put my hand held shower head up - I couldn't unloosen the head that was there. I still don't have really good water pressure there, but it is better. At least it feels like my hair is truly clean now.

The sofa came yesterday, just the sofa. They had said between 3:30 and 6:30, but they were there right at 3:30.

Good thing, because my bi-polar friend was coming into Jacksonville yesterday afternoon after visiting with her bf and his mother all week further down south, and wanted to have dinner.

We had the best reunion at the Cracker Barrel near the airport (this was only a 15 minute drive over the crazy highway system here). Coming back in the dark was a little scary as I have never driven the roads the gps took me out on, or back on. And after dark I get a little scared. But I made it. And have a little more confidence that I can do this again.

Better go for now, and finish getting ready for church, then grocery shopping.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 02-18-2018, 05:37 AM
Nine Year Member

Norma, So far my family has been able to avoid the flu too taking Moringa each day with powder sprinkled in foods when cooking & smoothies. Gives me the energy I need to work outside for hours. They say digging in the soil is healthy too and walking on the grass beneath your feet. Have a little Moringa plant from a cutting that I have been eating. I started it from a cutting and it is starting to flower to give me seeds. Sorry I gave a few away since no one knew enough to take it in when it got cold.
Some say why do you bother making smoothies & making fertilizer for your trees at my age. I feel it is time well spent instead of sleeping until 10:00 in the morning like them.
Have not lost a lot of weight but feel more limber from bending and stretching each day.
Having a computer has enriched our lives in many ways. Can learn about everything and keep up with friends at any time of the day or night.
Still buying fruits & veggies from the produce stand down the road. Since talking about him on our Community website & showing photos
his business is growing. Had a lady helping him yesterday with the sales.
Have a good day everyone!
_______
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 02-18-2018 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:32 AM
Nine Year Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERTA! I hope your day is as fabulous as you are!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 02-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy Birthday Roberta!
_________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Old 02-19-2018, 03:13 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERTA! MAY YOUR FAMILY SHOW YOU AS MUCH LOVE TODAY AS YOU RETURN TO THEM EVERY DAY!

Norma
Old 02-19-2018, 09:38 PM
Nine Year Member

Planted the spaghetti squash seeds I saved before I cooked it. Dug
up a big section to let it roam like I did a couple of years ago. Cut a few branches from my brown turkey fig tree to see if i can start some new shoots. My trees are getting older so need some backups.
The fruit from the produce stand is making a big hit with the residents here. Love his large fuji apples & honey pineapples.
Hopefully I am almost finished cleaning up for the new planting season.
________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Old 02-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Nine Year Member

Lightning round of Movie Night Contests giving away 2 movies on February 20th, 23rd, 26th, and 28th enter quick contests are only going to be 1-2 days while IBCahill works out their 2 week notice! https://www.familycorner.com/forums/contests-prizes/

Roberta
Old 02-20-2018, 05:29 PM
Nine Year Member

Went to Publix today grocery shopping saved $94.33. had loads of b1g1 items on sale. Bought the Celentano ravioli & eggplant, Red Baron pizza, Smith field ham slices, Boneless chicken breast large pkgs. saved $24 on them alone. Ragu spaghetti sauce, progresso soups, Pomp. olive oil, Red Baron Pizza. The rest was just savings on other small items. Hardest part is putting everything away.
_________
Sueanne

Closed Thread