Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Nine Year Member

Went to Publix early this morning so I wouldn't get caught in the rain. Started when we got home lightly but heavier now. We really can use the rain been so long with out it. Looking forward to next week where it will be warmer in the 80s. Been using the Moringa powder but not as good as fresh on my toast. Get more energy from the fresh leaves frozen. Made out pretty good in Publix today saved $26.84. Loaded up on the Cheerio cereal b1g1 plus had two $1 off coupons on two. Was able to get Nutrise color for $2.70, saving $5.00 each on 4 boxes. Margarine was on sale b1g1 bought 4. Bought few extra things of milk, eggs, veggies, meat & bread to fill in till the next big sale next week.
_______
Sueanne

Old 02-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Nine Year Member

Stopped at the produce stand today to fill in with what we needed. Bought strawberries so fresh, sweet potatoes, watermelon, cabbage & cucumbers. What I like the strawberries will last without freezing for two weeks. The cabbage was five pounds & the watermelon was ten ponds. Can cut in half & freeze some for smoothies.
_________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Last edited by Sueanne; 02-08-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:47 AM

Good afternoon all!

Not a lot going on here.

I got out fairly early today, went to "The Donut Shop" for a tasty treat while my laundry was washing. One of my co-workers suggested it, said it was better than Krispy Creme or DD. I am in love. Once I said I was there for the first time, they even gave me a free donut hole. Very good donut - one was lemon filled - as good as the filling in any lemon meringue pie that I have ever eaten.

And now I am home for lunch. After that I will venture out to the produce market and the butcher. I see he has some ribeyes for (8 oz for $4.99), so I might try one. I need to see what brand of hot dog he recommends. I can't find the brand I had in NJ down here. Everyone I talk to here, basically denies eating them, or bologna.

I called the furniture place to see when they will be delivering my sofa and recliner, they will call back.

I have the blinds wide open today - the sunlight is delightful,

One of my friends from NJ will be flying in here next Saturday, and wants to have dinner - at the Cracker Barrel near the airport. So I will fire up the gps and meet her.

I had a truly different type of week at work. I was shadowing Nick, one of the pest control guys all week. I was in and out of people's houses, treating for "buggies", as well as the outside of their houses. We even went into some houses that are up on the market that needed to be done so there will be a bug inspection report on file when the house sells. I don't think I have walked so much in years. Also, I was in bed early every night (sometimes at 8:30) because I was just plain worn out. Luckily, I will be certified to sell pest control once I get my badge.

I had 2 kinds of evaluations this week. One was a strictly paper one that said I was doing good. The other was between the woman who was training me, my supervisor and myself. We identified some things I might be a little weak on, and some they think I am really strong on. I will be "on my own" starting Monday. YAY! Commission time!

My brother took me to dinner last night too. That was nice. He is out riding his motorcycle with friends today, and will ride again tomorrow. The weather is great.

That's about all for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 02-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma, Glad to see you posting about your day. Starting a new job is stressful since they want you to know every aspect that it involves when talking to customers. Hopefully you will not be spraying the chemicals which is a health risk. I thought you would only be answering the phones!
Make sure you wear a mask when applying. I cannot even stand the smell when they are spraying neighbors yard. They put signs to warn people not to walk on lawns for a couple of days.
Enjoying the warmer weather just waiting to see what damage the cold did to my fruit & Moringa trees. Sure miss the leaves the powder is not as good. The pills work better seems like they are more potent for energy. Been cleaning up and trimming around outside while I can, before the rainy season begins.

I like bologna & hot dogs grew up on it as a child. Notice now that I am older raises my blood pressure because of all the sodium so only eat once in awhile.

Was surprised that I won at the Health Fair a $25 gift certificate for 4 lbs. Cabot cheese in different varieties to be delivered by mail. I do enjoy cheese so will enjoy it. Will be surprised if I won from any of the other vendors too.
________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Last edited by Sueanne; 02-10-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:46 AM

Good morning all!

Getting ready to go to church this morning, then WM to pick up a water filter. The water here in Jax is awful (not bad tasting), has lots of extra calcium in it, and leaves my tea with "scum" on the top.

Tonight will be pork chops, sweet potato and maybe breaded okra.

Have a great day.

Norma
Old 02-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Nine Year Member

Beautiful sunny day hitting 84* this afternoon. Everything is getting green again looking forward to getting some rain tonight and tomorrow. Should help getting some nutrients to the roots of everything.
Went to Publix today saved $43.22 on b1g1 items. Love when the frozen fish & frozen veggies are on sale. Bought some steaks & roasting chicken on sale too.
________
Sueanne

Old 02-12-2018, 05:25 AM
Nine Year Member

I agree with Anna on the ‘what a year’ comment for her and Norma.
And Roberta, what a year you have had, too! I hope the court date gets rescheduled again in your favor, earlier! And I hope your auctions go well too.

Laura, yes I tend to be organized easily, BUT, then I turn around and look behind me and see another pile of stuff that needs sorted out! Yesterday I did the beans, grains, and dry goods cupboards in the kitchen but the two corner cupboards now need sorting. And then there is the basement tablecloths, for a whole year I have been piling them on a chair, and now they must go back into their cupboard…it is a day’s worth of refolding to fit them in! I just keep at it and at least it is better than it was before.

Sueanne, nice idea on freezing the composting materials, if I did that the compost pile we have would break down more easily. We need more soil for the garden beds. Not sure I want to apply it directly but since hearing all the good it gets you, I could at least try one bed maybe. I am trying to figure out why we don’t have the big discount stores in our town, have to go over to the next valley to get one (Sharp Shopper). And ooo, Cabot cheese is very good.

Norma, it was very good to hear of your egg-citing meal and definitely your exciting day with Mark! It sounds as if you are definitely getting ‘settled in.’ I was surprised that you work on commission, I thought it would be a salaried job in the front office like the last job you had in NJ? And I must say, so very jealous of your sunshine!

My news…I have tried to lose weight before, and once was successful on WW but relapsed. They have a new program now which is more agreeable to me, so I joined. All the fruits and vegetables and fat free yougurt I want, just hits you hard on sugars and fats. So far (one week) it is working well. I am not hungry like before and am able to drop a few pounds.

Other news…my daughter got her wedding website up and running, it is so sweet to see pictures of the happy couple! The wedding is Sept 15 in California.

More news…my sister’s chemo is working so far, today she finds out (I think) if they found a good stem cell donor for her.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Nine Year Member

I've been doing a little decluttering here and there. Made $60 off what I had time to post.

JC Penney helped me with dd2's birthday gift I had 2 $10 off, $10 off $25 plus a 20% off order coupon that I was able to stack together. I paid $5.42 for 3 tops, 1 sweatpant, and 2 packs of 4ct decorate your own bracelets. The bracelets will be a party favor for her friends at her 16th BD sleepover party Thursday.

I've been squeezing the coffee grounds to get a swallow more coffee out of each pot.

How many swallows does it take to make a cup?
Mr Owl says "one, two, three, gulp. Three swallows makes a cup"

Roberta
Old 02-13-2018, 05:32 AM
Nine Year Member

Roberta, Proud of you and the savings you make at the stores each week. Good job!
ellenmelon, I only freeze bananas & peels because I buy alot of them each week. I do freeze the fruit from my trees in individual freezer bags to use in smoothies & deserts.

Still getting out each day to clean flower beds of leaves & cutting back plants of dead tops. Glad they give me back the heavy duty contractor bags since they are expensive. Still taking moringa each day in powder form until my trees start getting leaves. Fed all my trees yesterday with peels from the fruits & veggies I eat. Blend them in an old blender than dilute with water. Also spread some Epson salt with lavender sent around too. Does give everything a nice scent. Sell it cheap in the dollar store when you can get it.
Ready to drink my smoothie to give me energy for the new day.
_______
Sueanne

Old 02-15-2018, 08:33 PM
Nine Year Member

Fluid Master Universal Toilet Tank Lever Repair

Was surprised how easy it was to fix the toilet tank lever after it broke from the handle. Was determined not to call the plumber with their high service call prices. Went to the store and bought this part that cost about $8 to use for all types of toilets. Figured it was worth the price to try myself. Watched a video on U Tube and was on my way. Some videos were not worth watching followed the best one. Laughed when they couldn't follow the instructions was very funny to watch.
Felt proud that I accomplished it myself.
________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Closed Thread