Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 06:27 PM
Nine Year Member

Went to Loews today to cash in my rewards gift card. Bought a bag of jiffy mix gardening soil to start some new plants with. It is what the professionals use to start their seeds. First time I have seen it there. Also bought a box of bungee cords in all sizes that you always need & lubricant to spray on my garage door hinges to keep it rolling easier with cooler temps. Did buy light bulbs but did not realize they were halogen which cannot take any vibrations or they will explode don't need that so will be taking them back. Saved with the gift card but added some to get what I needed while I was there. Trying not to buy any plants for awhile until it gets warmer.
_______
Sueanne

Old 01-15-2018, 04:00 AM

Good morning all!!

Roberta, hope you were able to get home safely with those temps.

Thank you, it is nerve racking, and certainly stomach racking - I was really nauseaus on Friday, all day.

Sueanne, glad you were able to get something at Lowe's that you really wanted, as well as are able to use.

Today, Mark is off, and we will go to 2 more thrift stores, looking for stuff. I have settled on a perfectly nice dining room table, a sofa with a lounge attached, a good all wooden bookshelf, etc. Didn't purchase anything but a new desk chair for $15 at one of the Habitat for Humanity Restores.

We went out Saturday, and I purchased a bed and frame to be delivered (free) next Saturday. I just have to give them the apartment number and they will give me a 2 hour window for delivery, and then call again when I am the next stop. I will get a picture or something to put above the bed instead of a headboard.

I did see an apt. size stackable washer/dryer, brand new at the Habitat Restore that, if the apt. I end up with has the hook up for the washer, I will get instead of using the community laundry. But until I know, I can't make a move on that - and it will take both Mark and Brian to get it into my apt. My brother Brian works overnights, so getting him can be a little tricky.

Am calling my job today, to confirm that I definitely will be there tomorrow. Am calling the apt. complex to see what I can find out. After all, I need to get something from them to get electric turned on (this will mean a deposit since I am not transferring service), and see what I need to do to get internet. I am also going to buy an antenna so I don't have to pay for cable. It gives me basic channels which is what I had in NJ, and I really don't need more. I will also need to go to the post office and get a box number for my apt. and keys. The complex gets all packages and notifies you for pick up.

And we are waiting for the bug guys (not mine), to come and spray for "sugar ants". Little pesky things that you can barely see, but that need not be on the kitchen counters. Also waiting for the shop to call about my car. The locksmith took the whole cylinder to his shop to replace the inside, and had not replaced by the time the shop closed Friday.

So it is going to be another hectic day. Mark has been so patient and so good about all of this. I can't thank him enough.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 01-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Nine Year Member

Let's get started decluttering our home! 100 items through out the house. https://www.theusualmayhem.com/2017/...er-painlessly/

17 crock pot meals https://newleafwellness.biz/2018/01/...ar-free/?ref=6

Roberta
Old 01-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Nine Year Member

Roberta, this is a great declutter article. I decided on 11-16-17 to declutter something every single day for a year, even if it was just one piece of paper. I am keeping a daily record of the number of items, and it is already unbelievable. I am finding it to be an incredible personal tool. It helps to maintain my focus, and if I'm stuck on something else, it keeps me going. It is really motivating, and I hope to continue this as a lifestyle. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-18-2018, 12:05 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma, I am just catching up now, you said you were starting work the 16th, how did it go?? I bet just dandy! on the antenna, you can google in 'broadcast stations' and it should give you the available listings for your area.

not much else ladies, struggling to get through January, always that way

eldest daughter and husband buying a house, lots of excitement there, will see after the fireplace and sewer inspection today if they will still proceed

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 01-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Nine Year Member

I am now in the process of going through the "keep" boxes and totes and sorting them into keepsake, avon, sell and trash/recycle. DD1's cat helped me sort this morning by getting into the keep box and taking a nap.

Roberta
Old 01-18-2018, 05:53 PM

Good evening all!!

Really just a quick note to tell you all that I have been working all week so far. Also I will get the keys to my new apt. tomorrow. I am taking a load of stuff with me tomorrow to work, and will get the keys and start unloading then. The weekend will be hectic, as I have no living room furniture, the bed will be delivered Saturday morning, and I have no dresser or chest of drawers yet.

I will probably be offline until sometime next week because I need to get a modem and service started whenever I can fit it in.

Unpacking, finding places for everything, etc. will be my utmost priority. And then it will be back to work on Monday - ho, high ho, as off to work I go!

Take care all!!

Norma
Old 01-18-2018, 09:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope the new year is going good for you.

Ellen, I'm very sorry about the loss of your friend. I know it was expected but its still hard.

Norma, congrats to you on getting the job and apartment. I hope you like both of them.

We like so many have had snow, ice and very cold weather. School has been cancelled for days. My frugals have been staying home several days in a row over and over, eating mostly from home, leftovers, saving 15 cents a gallon on gas again this week, using a 7 dollar coupon today at Wal-Mart and finishing reusing my stack of tin foil. Well just checking in with you. Have a good night.
Jean
Old 01-19-2018, 05:57 PM
Nine Year Member

Went to the produce stand today he always has such fresh produce. The cabbage was so tender was able to slice and cook in the micro wave in a few minutes did the sweet potatoes too. The strawberries & apples were a good price too & looked beautiful. Been giving him some advertising each week on my community chat web site. He said he was very busy yesterday. Let them know he was there even though it has been very cold. I know he appreciates that I say something.
_________
Sueanne

Old 01-20-2018, 06:41 PM
Nine Year Member

Was a nice overcast day today hit 69* so started cleaning around leaves and weeds around my Moringa & Guava bush. Took off the heavy coverings and just left the sheets. Glad I bought the Bungee cords to secure everything. Made it even easier taking everything off. Gave everything a good watering since all the leaves are off and need help growing back. Probably have to cut them back to encourage new growth in a couple of week. Could hire someone for $25 an hour but rather breathe the fresh air and move my body to strengthen my muscles. Just doing odds and ends saved myself two hours fee. I know there will be more days doing other sections of the yard but will take one day at a time. Made a nice steak dinner when I in came in.
________
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 01-20-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Closed Thread