Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Congratulations Norma!

New adventures!
Old 01-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Nine Year Member

Papaya seeds from ripe Papaya

Always surprised to find black seeds in my ripe papaya when I cut it open. Have the Red Lady Papaya that is self pollinating with male & female flowers. After drying will be able to plant the seeds to make a new tree. Can get papaya's the first year.
Norma--Congrats. on your new job!
Happy for You!
________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Old 01-10-2018, 06:01 AM
Nine Year Member

Congrats Norma.

Sueanne, Baby Papaya trees would be a great addition to the community sale I would think if you get a lot of them from the seeds.

Roberta
Old 01-10-2018, 06:07 AM

Good morning all!!

Thanks for the congratulations. I am looking forward to this as it means I am on a payroll again.

I think I have found my new "home" too. It has a galley kitchen, smaller than the one I left, but with a dedicated dining area which I am pretty sure I can add either some of the chrome shelving units that I like, or buy a couple of dressers to be used as storage.

In the living room there is plenty of space for extra storage, and the walk-in closet has 2 hanging bars and shelving along 3 walls. It seems really large. The bathroom is pretty small too. But it looks like I can take advantage of wall space (think hanging baskets) too for things. Doesn't look like there is a medicine cabinet, just a mirror (disappointing), but nothing I can't work around.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and have a whole list of things to discuss with him. My problem is that I haven't had a male doctor in like 15 years. This is my brother's recommendation as it is the group he uses.

Better go for now.

Take care all!!

Norma
Old 01-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Nine Year Member

Congrats and congrats and congrats Norma on the job, the housing, and the whole move! You rock!

I keep my pills outside the bathroom with my teethcare things on a glass tray with a small glass to take a sip of water with the pills. or you can add shelves to the wall, you know how! So many cute ideas on pinterest! I especially like the round wicker wastebaskets hung by their bottoms so they form little cubby holes for towels and things.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 01-10-2018, 03:13 PM
Nine Year Member

Congrats NORMA! Great news. Hello to all. My usuals here.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 01-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Laurie! I see you on FB but never stop to say Hi. So busy looking at recipes!
Old 01-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Nine Year Member

Went to Publix today had a lot of things I use b1g1 saved $61.39. Glad I have room in my freezer in the garage. Like the birds eye frozen protein blends especially the southwestern blend with different beans, corn & grains. Also the frozen Brussel sprouts they taste so good saved $9.96. Also bought Gorton's fish fillets saved $15.00. The pkgs. of boneless chicken breasts were b1g1 saved $20.58 on them alone. Charming was $4.00 off. Spaghetti saved $4.77.
All the rest was fruit & veggie savings. Had my list so was out of there in no time. Putting everything away takes most of the time. Have to read what is on sale next week if it is worth shopping again.
_______
Sueanne

Old 01-12-2018, 11:05 AM

Good afternoon all!!

I just got back from a whirlwind day.

First Mark and I (he took off work, has so much vacation time, he needed to use some or lose it), got up and got out and took the ride to my job to see how long it will take on a regular working day. Then, it was a little too early to go sign the apartment lease, so we went to breakfast.

The apartment was not available any longer, so we went to the next place that I really liked. It is directly across the street from the University of North Florida. It is a 2 bedroom apartment and is really nice. And I filled out the paperwork, and gave administrative fees, etc. They will hopefully call this afternoon and tell me I am approved. Move in would be next Friday.

Then we went to look for some furniture. I didn't find anything I really liked so far.

The the car's ignition cylinder just plain gave out, after we took it to the mechanic. They are having a locksmith put a new one in and give me new keys. Hopefully that will get accomplished this afternoon.

Now I am back at home, and Mark had an appointment, then his daughter wants him to help her find a new lawnmower, and he will probably go to dinner with her. I have the mustang in case the shop calls. I can run over there, pay them, and get the keys to my vehicle, and Mark and I can get the car then at our leisure.

Long, long day.

Not much else going on, so I will go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 01-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Nine Year Member

I am so glad things are moving along for you Norma.

I have packed for the weekend, extra food & clothing just in case I can't leave my client's Saturday night because of the storm. It is supposed to be -8 in the morning, blanket is in the backseat.

Roberta

Closed Thread