Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 04:53 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma I think you will be pleased with Aldi. You can see their ads on their website https://www.aldi.us/

I picked up another spiral ham $.97lb and picked up a turkey breast $1.79lb before the sale went off.

Roberta
Old 12-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Nine Year Member

Been getting cooler nights which is about 53* which is cool for us. Took out my little electric disc heater to help take the chill out until the sun heats up the house in the morning. It is instant heat in the middle of the house keeping the furnace from going off where not needed. If there is fog makes the house feel damper so this works. It is automatic so does not run when not needed.
________
Sueanne

Old 12-27-2017, 04:48 AM

Good morning all!!

Roberta, I was favorably impressed with Aldi. And I will be utilizing them pretty exclusively from now on. There is a national hiring fair for Aldi on January 11. I think I will be applying as the cashiers were all seated. I can do that.

Sueanne, yes, the cold has come to the south. I have on cords and a sweatshirt and socks.

Well better get back to it.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Assistant Moderator

I love Aldi. Wish I lived closer to ours.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Nine Year Member

Great to hear from you again Connie! I'm so glad that Greg is moving forward in his healing. How are the kids doing?

I was able to print 2) $2 pork loin coupons at https://www.hopster.com/ as well as 3/$3.50 DeLallo coupons (hopefully Kroger still has the Italian company's pasta on sale $1.49ea the other week when I used the last coupons I had).

Roberta
Old 12-27-2017, 10:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing good and enjoyed Christmas. It's bitter cold here and we had snow and black ice Christmas morning. Thankfully, the roads were in good shape by the time the kids arrived.

Connie, how are you and your family?

We had a very nice Christmas and were blessed with some thoughtful and nice gifts. The kids seemed to like their gifts so that made me happy. Fil and his wife came up after they had finished the celebration with his wife's family. I have had lots of leftovers and sent the kids home with whatever they wanted. My only frugals were getting the car filled up with gas yesterday with a 15 cents off each gallon discount and getting a few things at Walmart on 50% off clearance yesterday. Also had a 7 dollar coupon at Walmart. I need to put the Christmas decorations away because after Christmas is over they cause me to feel stressed. Hopefully, I can start on that tomorrow or I should say later today. Guess I'd better make myself get in the bed. Take care and stay warm.
Jean
Old 12-28-2017, 05:21 AM

Good morning All!!

Connie, great to see you posting. I saw Greg's progress on facebook, and am so happy for your family because of it. We didn't have an Aldi anywhere near me, until I moved, so I am grateful for it.

Roberta, great job on finding those meat and pasta coupons.

Jean, so great that the weather was ok enough for the family to come and share Christmas with you and your dh. Thoughtful gifts are usually practical too, and when you use them, you in turn, remember the giver more thankfully.

Not much going on here. Have not been called by the temp agency this week, am very disappointed. However, I have not stopped applying for other jobs. Already 5 this morning, all online that is.

It is cool (expected high of 55*) and rainy and very dreary looking.

I do have to run out and get some nexium and gas in the car, and that is about it for today.

I am trying to design an afghan for the new Fire Chief in the family. I don't want to do just a "Thin Red Line", but rather one that says "CHIEF" on it. I have some ideas but the final picture hasn't come together yet.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma glad to hear you made it to aldi. I really like the store by me. It's about 15 minutes away so that's not to bad.
Cleaning out the fridge this week. So many holiday goodies.
Susanne and Norma I envy you for being in warm temps. It was 3 degrees here this morning. Brrrrr
Does anyone have any new years eve plans? We will be staying in. I am planning snack things with what is on hand. It amazes me what goodies I can come up with.
Connie I am following Greg's progress on f2b as well. Prayers...

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 12-29-2017, 04:23 AM
Nine Year Member

I work till 7pm and will do what we always do, watch the ball drop from the couch then go to bed!

I bought 2 pork loins yesterday b1g1f and used my 2-$2 off pork loin coupons so it ended being 7 lbs @ $1.28lb. I put one loin in the freezer will slice and cook the other Monday.

Roberta
Old 12-29-2017, 05:26 AM

Good morning all!!

Laura, yes, Aldi will be making a big difference in my food budget this coming year. And with a new costco set to open this spring just 5 minutes from me, I see great savings, and new stockpiling in my future.

Next week there will a cold snap in NE Florida, which is where I am. I know it is nowhere near as cold as most of you are enduring, so I am not complaining.

Roberta, glad you were able to get so much so inexpensively with those coupons.

New Year's Eve? Will celebrate the same here in FL as I did in NJ. Go to bed long before the ball drops. Mark says he will stay up, but here in the house. I won't be up that long.

I have a telephone interview this morning, that may turn into a job, with a different pest control company. And a lady from a mass direct marketing company contacted me via email. She will call today and set up an appointment for some time next week. So just as I was getting really discouraged, I have great hope.

I was checking out furniture on "Let Go" in my area, and there are some really nice pieces for very little. As soon as I get a couple weeks of a full time job under my belt, Mark will help me look for an apartment near where I am working.

So, keep me in your prayers concerning the job situation. Thank you.

Better go for now.

Take care all!!

Norma

Closed Thread