Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Nine Year Member

Been buying my fruits and vegetables from this farm stand nearby. Started spreading the word on the site where I live to get him business. Didn't want anything guess wanted to spread some Holiday cheer. Ds stopped there today to pick up some Fuji Apples He sells that are real large and sweet. He told Him that a lot of people came in today and said they were from my development with a big smile. Ds told him that I put photos of what I bought last week. He did give him a discount and picked the best of the apples for him. He will be away for a week so bought extra to have.
_______
Sueanne

Attached Images

Old 12-22-2017, 09:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope you all are ready for the holidays. I still need to clean, do laundry and fix food. I do need to wrap a couple things too. I went yesterday and got the last of my food. I've been making some candy and made two pumpkin rolls this week for the freezer to take out for Monday. I've made a list of what I need to do and on what days so that's helpful to me. My dh and yds both have to work on Christmas Eve but we are hoping if the weather permits that we can all be together on Christmas.

Norma, hope you find a job early in the new year and that you can get your car in good working order. Automobiles can be a pain when they aren't working right. I have a lot of memories of the first one we had which I refer to as the orange bomb. Some of the stories about it we can laugh at now but it wasn't funny when i used to be going around a curve and she would stop on me dead as a doorknob(lol).

Sueanne, wonderful news that the cyst came back ok.

Roberta, that must be common for kids Hunter's age to be scared of santa because you see that a lot. My dh tried to embarrass me at Walmart the other day. Santa was there sitting on a bench and dh was trying to get me to go talk to him and started telling Santa about it. I just told Santa he better rest up because this weekend he would be busy. Then when I was checking out santa was walking all along the registers very loudly saying merry Christmas to everyone. He was doing a good job.

Lauri, that's good that the doctor just wanted to keep a watch on the nodule but doesn't feel anything needs to be done right now. That's what the eye doctor told me last month about my cataracts.

Ellen, I'm sorry about your friend and sorry for all your sister is going through. Hopefully, with your sister the treatments will take care of and wipe all the cancer away. I can understand you wishing your other sister would not put any extra on her.

My only frugal was getting four boxes of stuffing yesterday for 50 cents a box. Spent a lot on fruit and ended up not buying strawberries because they were already looking a little bad on some and by Monday they would most likely be molded I figure. I want to make a fruit tray and dip. Hope you all have a good evening.
Jean
Old 12-23-2017, 03:53 AM

Good morning all!!

Just two days until Christmas.

Jean, I know you will be well ready for Christmas. Mark and I will go to his son's house Christmas morning to watch the grand girls open their gifts, have breakfast, and then just hang out through Christmas luncheon. I only have to make scalloped potatoes.

Sueanne, you have a great heart for spreading the good word about that produce stand. I hope it continues to help the small local farmer who is selling his wares.

Talked with the ladies I left at Douglass to wish them all a Merry Christmas.

My nephew passed the Fire Dept. Chief's test on Tuesday. He came in with the highest score. We are all so proud of him. We took his family to dinner Wednesday night. And I told him that I need a t-shirt that says, "I've been hugged by a Chief", and he blushed.

It is certainly a mess in this town as far traffic goes. With this being the last weekend before Christmas, the streets are filled. I really don't understand why people procrastinate so much.

My vehicle is fixed, again. This time they took a look at the part they just put in, and it was gunked up. That was because the check engine light said it was the same thing. So they did an engine flush to discover that while there was clean oil in the oil place, apparently the last owners didn't change the oil like they should have and the oil got thick and gunky. And it was only $25 to have the oil changed, and he didn't charge me labor or for the engine flush solution.

Tonight Mark and I are having dinner with my brother Brian and his wife. Don't know where the boys have decided it will be yet, doesn't really matter to me, it is their company that I am looking forward to.

Not much else going on here. Pretty quiet, and for me, that is just right.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-24-2017, 04:20 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA!!http://www.familycorner.com/forums/i...smiley-050.gif
Old 12-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy birthday Anna. I hope it has been a wonderful day.

Norma, your Christmas plans sound nice. I'm glad your car is working again.

I've been home all day. Dh and yds are both working today so we plan on getting together tomorrow. I still need to make some things and clean up but I'm worn out and taking a break. I cooked dh's breakfast and made tuna salad for his lunch and my supper. We are getting cold weather and I'm praying the snow stays away so the kids can get here tomorrow. I hope each of you have a very blessed Merry Christmas.
Jean
Old 12-25-2017, 02:08 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Norma
Old 12-25-2017, 03:51 AM
Nine Year Member

Merry Christmas!

My frugal has been cooking my $.99lb spiral ham, cooking ham & beans overnight in the crockpot will freeze half of the ham & half of the soup for eating in January.

Roberta
Old 12-25-2017, 05:19 AM
Nine Year Member

Making a twelve pound turkey today bought on sale. Will be having turkey salad & meals for a few days till next year.
Have plenty of Moringa leaves frozen, papaya sliced & figs for the New Year.
_______
Sueanne

Old 12-25-2017, 06:59 AM

Merry Christmas Everyone and Thank you for the birthday wishes. My birthday was wonderful including church services.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Anna
Old 12-26-2017, 01:42 PM

Good afternoon all!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

We had a lovely time at my nephew's home, watching the girls for the most part, unwrap their gifts.

The adults only got one gift each, from whomever pulled their name. Since no one really knew me, they just flat out asked what I would like. I got a stick blender. I haven't had one in a long time, not a good brand. But this is a Kitchen Aid, so it has a great guarantee.

And then Mark had gone out and gotten me a gps.

Today I programmed the gps, and took off for Aldi. Not too far away, and once the gps realized that I am in Florida, and not Olathe KS, it got me right there.

Mark had just gotten home from work. His boss called from the Cape with only one assignment, which he was able to perform fairly quickly, and then told him to take the rest of the week off, with pay. So he went with me.

I had never been to an Aldi until today. And my trip was also planned to scope out the prices, which really do make it worth the trip. It is probably 10 minutes more than going to Publix, but I can see going there will be cost effective. And I did see a few name brands, and it was an interesting trip. The meats and the veggies both looked very good. And they even had some Christmas mark down items (none of which interested me).

And then Mark took me to 5 Guys for a very early dinner. We will have dessert later. I had made a dump cake, some of which we brought home because no one wanted dessert while at my nephew's. And we also grabbed a few mini cheese cakes (plain and some with blueberries).

Not much else is going on. Just a quiet week.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread