Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 06:16 PM

Ellen

Yes still at the new job a little over 4 months now our busy season is starting to wind down a little and hope they plan to keep me. I was told when I started that people never left but am finding lots of short timers in the files just wish they'd been honest about it upfront instead of making it sound like a permanant job. The money has been good and we've managed to put back over $3000 in savings though I had to take some out to fix my car when I backed in to a pole but still we're plugging what we can in to savings just in case they let me go. They fired one girl a couple weeks ago and replaced her the next week with a lady whose married to one of our techs she's from Kansas. She left Timmy once already, took all their money out of the bank and took their only car so she's not too stable nice lady but not stable.

Jeannette.. David has had that tumour on his back over 30 years probably started out as a black head that should have been addressed when he was a teenager. After his cancer treatments it started leaking a little and it steadily got worse to where I was having to express it out of his back twice a day.. nasty stinky stuff and the doctor said "Gotta Go".

Sorry I am not on more often just working and flipping through FB on my lunch and in the evenings.

I was gifted today with a huge bag of apples so I'll be canning apples probably this coming weekend. Also was gifted by a neighbor with 5 bunches of celery trying to give it away to others in need no way can I use that much, the meds I take now I have to be very careful with fruits and veggies or it gives me immediate bathroom issues.

Roberta

I am so sorry to hear that things did not work out with your daughter and sil, how sad for little Hunter.

I will try tomorrow to close out the Oct thread and start the November one.. I'll go in and open it at least tonight.

Anna
Old 10-30-2017, 03:25 AM
Nine Year Member

There are 5 open contests going on now https://www.familycorner.com/forums/contests-prizes/

My sisters came Friday and helped with the decluttering for 3 hrs. Sunday my nephew came and got the extra 25" tv. The living room will be done today then just one more room to go.

I'm working 33 hrs a week now now as a home aide plus Avon, driving my nephew to/from work and watching Hunter 2 days.

Roberta
Old 10-31-2017, 10:20 AM

Good afternoon all!!

Well, it has been a weekend.

Saturday, Elvia wanted to go hang out "for the last time". So we went to Home Goods where I found a lamp that matches the style of my pineapple "hand-blown-glass-into-a-wrought-iron-frame" lamp. I didn't get it, thought about it, went back Sunday afternoon and it was gone. So lamps are still on my list of things to buy when I get a new apt.

I went to my friends' house Sunday during the worst rain storms possible. Not a lot of wind that was predicted, but the rain was awful. Got there and home safely. Dinner was good too.

Also Josh was supposed to come on Sunday to get the couch. But as he was going to get his friend with a truck, his car broke down. I just want this to get out of my house at this point.

Church was a little emotional. The praise team was great, they played "I'll Fly Away" for me as I had requested it of the team leader when I thought I was moving 10/30. I will be there this Sunday, and then no more.

Tomorrow my friends Elvia and Becky want to take me out for dinner. This has now evolved to include Norm's wife Marilyn, and Linda (who took us to/from the airport last year for Mark's wife's funeral). I have no idea if others have been added since Sunday. I am just really happy that they would want to give me a "going away" dinner.

My sister was here yesterday helping me to pack the glassware. She did just fine. No craziness at all. I have called the internet and the cable company to get them turn off the services as of Monday.

I have also called the water dept. and the police dept. The police will make a few drive-bys to check on the property between Monday and settlement. On to the homeowners ins. Then I will be done until I can sell the car. I think I have to take the plates back to motor vehicles and turn them in.

I packed another tote this morning and will be working on some more soon. I am tired, and maybe just a little depressed that I am moving. After all, I am comfortable here, out of the way, have friends, and am now leaving it all.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 10-31-2017, 03:37 PM

Norma

I can't imagine picking up and leaving everything I hold dear in my life.. I hate that you have to. Sad.

I am closing this thread now, new one for November is up and running.

https://www.familycorner.com/forums/...er-2017-a.html

Anna

Closed Thread