Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

So sorry Roberta.
Just what is his problem anyway? The child usually stays with the mother.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Nine Year Member

Chicken salad from leftovers

Made a delicious chicken salad for lunch from the leftover breast from the other night. Cooked it upside down so the breast absorbed all the juices and flavor. Added some sliced potatoes from the leftovers plus bok choy, tomato & lettuce chopped. Still have more left for a different lunch treat. A whole five pound roasting chicken goes a long way.
______
Sueanne

Old 10-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Good afternoon all!!

Roberta, it must be nightmare. So sorry to know this is happening.

Ellen, hope you are still taking lunch, snacks and the occasional breakfast when time is tight.

Jean, leftover apples really do make great fried apples.

Sueanne, a 5 lb. roaster is really big. Sounds like you are enjoying some tasty leftovers.

The house will now pass the CO. The handyman brought his wife to the appointment as it was after dark. They were very nice people. Took about an hour, but everything is fixed.

I picked up an air mattress with pump, a set of sheets for it, and a pillow yesterday. That way there is enough sleeping room when Mark comes.

Today, I went to the market and got a pork roast to cook tonight. Before I could get it into the crockpot, I got a call from Sally asking if I would like to have dinner with them tonight. So I will cook it on Tuesday.

This week is going to be interesting at work. I think they have settled on a replacement for me. So much fuss. Not so much fuss when I was hired. It has become a real political mess at work, and I am glad to be getting out. However, it is because I am leaving that we are having this real political mess, and I feel badly.

A lady at church who I see whenever she and her dh are there (he's somewhat sickly so it is an off-and-on situation) came and told me how much she will miss me. I was somewhat surprised only because I am don't see them all the time. But so many are telling me that they will be sad to see me go. I will truly miss my Beacon EF Church family.

My couch will go with Josh probably on Thursday. I have some canvas folding lawn chairs for the living room until Mark gets here, then the air mattress will go down. I am getting things packed as I notice that I am not using it, and probably won't, as I go.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 10-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma, Brings back memories of when we were moving to Florida. Glad I was able to leave a lot of the furniture downstairs in the basement for the new buyer. The moving van left a week before so we were roughing it up like you sleeping downstairs to make sure everything was packed to go. Surprising even now how much we accumulated over the years.
Roberta, Being a parent has its ups and down especially when young children are involved in the problem. Hopefully it gets resolved before the Holidays.
We try to help as much as we can so their lives run smoothly but sometimes things don't turn out. Been there with my own kids.
____
Sueanne

Old 10-09-2017, 01:50 AM
Nine Year Member

Unless we would get a very quick ruling on custody & visitation sil will miss their son's 2nd birthday. Shame because if they hadn't been doing all this he would have been invited to the party. But now until we have court papers on custody he won't be allowed near him for fear he would snatch him and we would have to go to court for a court order to get Hunter back.

The positive spin on everything is it forced us to kick up the sorting & organizing up 200% thankfully 2 of my sisters, our Mom and gr-nephew was able to help out this weekend. Gr-nephew mowed, edged the sidewalk, cleared the over growth in the side yard and helped load the cut wood from the mulberry tree into my nephew's truck.

Roberta
Old 10-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Nine Year Member

With all you've been through health wise and family wise in the past few years, Roberta, I am amazed and proud of your good heart and solid wisdom. I am also glad you got help with the redding up and out!

All is fine here, work along is busy.

Following your adventures as you prepare to launch a new life Norma! How exciting! I just finished my breakfast, lunch, and snack during a break in the action here at work, and will get back to data entry in a sec.

Frugal for me/...credit card spending last month $300...down from the previous months and this month so far, $40 ! I am slowly but slowly crawling back to financial health.

Also started a hat for a Christmas gift...hope to get four made this month.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 10-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member

Started cutting up veggie & fruit peels adding water to make a puree to feed to my trees. Have not done it for awhile with the bad weather. Can tell the trees are not growing as fast without it. Does take time to do but hated throwing everything out. Started some spaghetti squash seeds outdoors looks like they are pushing out of the ground already. Lets see how long it takes to get squash.
Trying to get all our Dr. visits done before the year ends.
The mornings have been cooler which feels great.
________
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 10-11-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma, I am very happy for you as you start this new chapter in your life. Im sure you will find new friends in your new church

Roberta I am praying for dd1 and you all. I hope this difficult lesson wont let dd1 destroy her future

Ellen Laurie & Jean & Sueanne hi to all

Parts ordered on thefridge but we decided it was time to just replace the chair. It takes a good 6 weeks to get someone to look at it & $100.00 & another month at least if they can even fix it. Out here it is a dying field, furniture repair. So we bit the bullet and ordered a new 1.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Nine Year Member

Saving at Publix each week

Shopped at Publix today saved $52.29 had alot of sales today on meat, chicken & fish. Bought some more turkey noodle b1g1 too.Now have a good variety of soups. Had zucchini & other veggies on sale too. The salmon wild frozen was b1g1 bought four if any good will buy more. The Smithfield ham slices were on sale with the bone 1-1/2 lbs. each bought two had one tonight. Always buy smart balance when they are b1g1 since they are expensive. We go early to beat the crowds and not to tired to shop. Was home in time for lunch.
________
Sueanne

Old 10-14-2017, 05:25 AM

Good morning all!!

Colleen, sorry to hear that you have to buy another chair, but sometimes that is the best decision. We have a store not too far down the road that sells mostly appliances mainly to the rental owners, but regular consumers are also welcome. I would get a new fridge or washer/dryer from them if needed, and "use up" the life potential. I am hoping to find a place like that when I move, so that I know I can quickly get a replacement if something goes sideways when I get an apartment.

Roberta, so sad when a relationship turns the way your dd's has, and Elwood's has. I am glad that everyone in the family has been able to pull together and help her out.

Sueanne, so glad the plants will grow more quickly again with their pureed "tea". I am just working slowly toward the end of packing.

Ellen, don't eat it all at once, then you will be hungry again sooner than not.

I went through the miscellaneous card drawer this morning. I am keeping a wallet, my Bissell vacuum bags, and some cards. The rest will go to church for the free store. One more drawer out of the way. And only essentials kept.

Better go for now. I need to get to the bank and then back here to keep on.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread