Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Nine Year Member

I got 6 boxes of Honey bunches of Oats for $2.39 total. 127.50 oz at $.0187 per oz!!!! I had 3) 2/$1 coupons they were on clearance but dated Apr '18, plus Ibotta had $.80x2 rebates available.

Roberta
Old 07-28-2017, 08:35 AM
Nine Year Member

both terrific buys Roberta and Sueanne!

I picked up the sales flyers for the grocery store I like, Weis Markets, recently they changed their gas rebates from spend $50 get 10 cents off a gallon to spend whatever amount and get 10 cents for a $100. That's half what it used to be and why I continued to go to Weis over Giant. Now Giant and Weis are the same. Would be nice if we could put both sets of points together but that's not gonna happen! Where would be the store 'loyalty' then? !

Picking up the flyers on Thursday allowed me to get this week's and next week's specials. I noticed a two day break in the dates the specials run, too. That is something new and tells me even more we need to be reading the fine print even at places we always have done business with.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 07-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Nine Year Member

Kroger gives $.10 off gas up to 35 gallons for ea $100 spent at the grocery and you can redeem up to 1000 pts or $1.00 off per gallon up to 35. My family has been piggy backing the fill ups since they started to make use of the whole 35 gallon discount.

I continued my retail therapy shopping today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saved a total of 95.9% at Walmart, CVS, Kohl's, Meijer, Taco Bell, and PetCo.

Roberta
Old 07-30-2017, 03:40 AM

Good morning all!

I, like Anna, have been absent a lot from here.

Roberta, so sorry to hear about the cleaning situation. Glad that the places would be willing to hire you individually since they know your work already. I do hope you are able to the money without going to court.

Anna, yay on the money. I would be buying just the basic colors in dress pants and then swapping out tops. Hint - no one really notices if you wear the same top twice in a week. I normally do a 5 day run, and then repeat the next week, before I wash those tops. And pants can also be worn more than one before washing them.

On the shoes, I have worked retail, restaurant, and office work. When I represent American Heart Association, they require closed toes shoes (sneakers are totally allowed). When I worked at the prison, I could wear anything, including flip flops (the dressier, wedgies were in style). When I worked retail, sneakers were not allowed, dress shoes, no matter how plain were what you wore. Restaurant - we all wore sneakers with the exception of the hostess. Office work - when I first started working for the law office, we wore dress clothes. When the boss changed the dress code to casual, we wore jeans, tops, sneakers, etc. No flip flops. Sandals were ok. Now where I work, since it is a wholesale distributorship, we don't get customers, or too many other visitors, so we can just about anything. If I worked in the warehouse, I would have to wear closed toes, sneakers allowed.

I have had 2 more showings lately, Friday and yesterday. Yesterday, I didn't know beforehand, but I asked for 3-4 minutes, and was able to get out of the house quickly, just making my bed and putting the folding table away. Went to the bank, and then hung out at the library for a little while.

Elvia moved on Friday, so I went to her new apt. and we opened a few boxes, rearranged some things in her closet, etc. We also went to Walmart, Home Depot, the post office and Bed Bath and Beyond. Elvia's husband was still moving a few things, and cleaning as he went. He should only have the garage for after church today.

We had a summer nor'easter Friday night into yesterday morning early. I lost another limb, not big though that I will drag around to the alley for pickup. But Elvia's street was flooded and I had a really hard time finding a
way to the building she is in without going through the flooding. The golf course on the property had a few new "water traps" yesterday that's for sure.

Well, better go and get to church. We have a bicycle run from the Irish Pub in Philadelphia to the Irish Pub in Atlantic City, and will be traveling the same route I use to go to church. They just started out from Philly, so I need to get to church before we are both using the pike, and they get preferential treatment. I don't want to be late.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 07-30-2017, 07:06 AM
Nine Year Member

My plan is still on as I haven't heard from either party (no $$$, not hired) will stop to get the paperwork to file at small claims court and to drop the keys off at the office I clean. I did hear from my boss on Friday with more BS but no $$ this weekend. The lady that I clean for is a friend of her's and I had texted her Thursday asking if boss lady was okay as she hadn't responded to my 3 messages in a week. She was able to get ahold of boss lady who then contacted me with a long text of BS.

Roberta
Old 07-31-2017, 05:02 AM

Good morning all!

Roberta, stick to your guns. There might even be "punitive damages" you can collect for them putting you behind in your bills, etc,

I was cooking all afternoon after I got back from church, and the store.

I made a lasagna using sliced zucchini in place of the noodles. I cooked turkey wings to pull the meat off and make turkey salad. And I made fried chicken for dinner last night. I put the lasagna in the fridge so the flavors can meld. Lots of meals in that cooking session. And I used ground turkey in the lasagna.

Getting laundry made today, will make ice, am putting cinnamon and moringa powder in gel caps, am working on the 2nd load of laundry and need to make another gallon of detergent, will hang the 2nd and 3rd loads.

Another gorgeous cool morning here. To be 87* later, and will need the ac before noon, but right now, lovely.

Had made a mental plan to go help Elvia open some more boxes, but she is working both today and tomorrow, and since I go back to work tomorrow, I'm just not available.

Better go so I can accomplish everything on my list and be ready for the rest of the week.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 07-31-2017, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member

I am extremely thankful that the bounced payroll checks haven't caused me to bounce checks. I would have been in serious trouble if I hadn't gotten a c/c loan at 4% in March.

This is a paperwork week have lots to get done so I can get the necessary forms where they need to be ASAP.

Roberta
Old 07-31-2017, 04:30 PM

July Thread Now Closed

Please join us for the August 2017 What Did You Do Frugal Today as we continue to strive for frugality.

Anna

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/w...st-2017-a.html

Closed Thread