Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 06:41 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~April 2017

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 04-01-2017, 06:05 PM

Good late evening all!!

Happy April Fool's Day. Hope none of you were taken in by any pranks today??

I worked on the afghan most of the day, ate what I had already had here cooked, cleaned out the fridge (unfortunately, a lot of waste this week).

Chewy has decided to mow tomorrow instead of Monday, so he will come after I get home from church. Don't know if I need gas or what, I will look in the morning.

Better go to bed. I am beat.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 04-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaInOhio View Post
For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Just posted tonight and was not entered in April 1, 2017.
Any way of adding it to this months posts. Spent a lot of time adding photos?
_______
Sueanne

Old 04-02-2017, 04:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sueanne I saw your previous post. You got some good finds!
I can't wait for our Garage Sale season to start.

Our temps here are starting to warm up, kinda slowly which is nice since we have so much humidity in the air when it heats up to fast it's unbearably sticky.

Today I'm making a pan of brownies and some chicken tortilla roll ups as we are attending a funeral and reception after. I'm actually glad to be bringing something I think the homemade items make it so much more personal, than having it catered or leaving it all up to the family to do.

Last edited by LaurieS; 04-02-2017 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Nine Year Member

My frugal so far this month is printing coupons. Kroger has sent me 200 gas pts coupon with a $50 purchase that I will use this week. Yesterday Kroger sent me 3 10% off your $50 purchase 2 are for April and 1 for May. I will stick them in my wallet so I have them with me.

I made a small dent getting rid of stuff this week and made $25. Consolidated some boxes so the living room looks a bit better while I sort through everything. 90% is sell or trash.

I believe I finally have someone willing to cut down the 4 trees I want removed for the wood as payment. Supposed to come Friday to start, will call to let me know for sure.

Roberta
Old 04-02-2017, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member

What a great way to spend two days at a Flea Market Sale. Did find a Rival pizzelle machine for $1.00 with the recipe printed on the handle. See where it still sells used for $39.99 on Ebay. Bought a coupe of good weed eaters for $3.00 to use in my flower beds electric. Vinyl table cloths for $1.00 umbrella with carrying case $1.00. Beautiful beer mugs for 3 for 25 cents. My ds got a felt covered poker table for $5.00 to play cards with friends. Found a stand with all the chips there too. Should be hearing how much we made tomorrow. What ever is less we donate to different charitable organizations. The best find for me was a pair like new sneakers light as a feather with mesh on top all memory foam inside and sole. Feels wonderful walking on hard surfaces back and feet feel great. Still warm here will be getting cooler next weekend. Have a good day.
_______
Sueanne

Old 04-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Nine Year Member

Sueanne, I was able to go back to the March thread and see your pictures, wow, they are terrific finds!

all good here, just tired from busy Saturday and then woke at 3 am last night to use the restroom, couldn't get back to sleep...sunny today so happy, even though it is cold

got lots done at work, just waiting to go home now...have some data entry to do until then so best get to it

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 04-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Nine Year Member

Heated up planned overs from the freezer for supper.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Nine Year Member

Went to Publix today shopping. It was the first time all the sale items were stripped from the shelves. Was able to save $33.09 on what I needed. Saved mostly on frozen veggies & meat. Bought a couple of eye round roasts on sale for $3.99 that I want to try in the air fryer. Also cut leaf spinach & french style string beans 8 for $10.00. Bought some cake mix b1g1 otherwise just normal shopping items.

One of my neighbors sent over a picture framed that ds girlfriend liked at the Flea Market that was $25.00 that did not sell. He wanted him to give it to her for her up coming birthday. Thought it was nice of him to care.
It has a light in the back to light up the water and boats in the scene looking out the window.
Sister made it back home today safe today after driving home by car with a neighbor. Said it was a long ride from Florida. They did stop overnight to visit friends.
________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Old 04-05-2017, 03:01 AM

Good morning all!!

Bernice, I love planned leftovers. Have them all the time. I try to cook during the 3 days a week I am off, so I have quick meals when I get home after a long day at work.

Sueanne, sounds like you got quite a few bargains. The sneakers would have been my best find. It was nice of the neighbor to give ds's gf that picture.

If you see a Nu-Wave Oven you should pick it up also. It does pizzas really well, as well as your eye roasts would come out wonderfully. I like to do chicken parts, roasted veggies, etc. in mine. I have even baked cakes in it.

Roberta, you are always looking to turn those coupons into cash, which is, the frugal way.

Ellen, I normally pray when I can't go back to sleep like that. Of course the beginning of my prayer is always, "Lord help me to go back to sleep", and then I go from there. Normally works for me.

Well, Monday was not my least spendy of days. I got the car inspected (no cost), I went to Motor Vehicle, and came away with the form to fill out, and insert a $60 check for a new title. I realized that I had not picked up my free diabetic medicine, so when I got home, I called and they said, yes, it was at the pharmacy. So after I enjoyed my Chic-Fil-A sandwich (picked up on the way home from Motor Vehicles), I went to the store to pick it up. Then I darted over to the ACE Hardware store right around the corner. The bulb for my lamp that clamps onto the computer here - $16.99 plus tax. I learned that they don't make the fluorescent bulbs that go into this - it has 2 prongs like a regular fluorescent tube. They now only offer this in an LED format, hence the cost. However, it is supposed to last for a very long time.

My co-worker goes in for carpal tunnel release today. They don't do it like they used to. It is supposed to be a 10 minute procedure, and no down time. She will be back at work on Friday.

Well, better go for now. I will let you know how meeting a possible new realtor goes after I talk with him today.

Norma

Closed Thread