Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 06:38 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~February 2017

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 01-30-2017, 12:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

subbing

Old 01-31-2017, 05:41 PM

Good evening all!!

Colleen, what a wonderful grandmother you are to see a need, and fill it with a frugal/practical gift. I would love to receive a gift of new tires (don't need them right now).

You did great with the price of the roast, and getting so many meals from it.

The car ended up being $622 and change. While he was in there, he put in a new alternator belt and added a gallon of antifreeze. Runs really well.

Got a ride in to work, and a ride out to the mechanic's after work.

Came home, grabbed a cheese sandwich, and out the door to Bible Study.

Just doing the normal frugal things - all meals from home, and keeping the heat down as much as possible.

Still no message from the Director of Veteran Affairs for Atlantic County. But I have faith.

Better go for now, and get ready for bed.

Am worn out today.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 02-02-2017, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member

Frugal this week and last has been pulling coupons out of the trash at work while I'm sorting the recycles out of the normal trash. $35 coupon card at Payless scored 2 free pairs of shoes ($35 & $30 on clearance for $20 & $20 with BOGO sale for $30 total plus tax and the card paid the tax too), $10 off $10 at Kohls in Feb, $10 off $75 at Staples (not sure I will need this but was worth it just in case) and I have 7 ink cartridges to turn in the next time I am at Staples from their trash in the past month so that is $14 in future discounts.

Picked up a pork loin $1.69 lb, had them sliced it into boneless chops and put the BBQ dry rub on them for FREE. Froze half and used the other half in 2 meals this week. I made the pork egg roll casserole that was going around on FB and boy that was good and super easy. DH said you need to make that again and double the amount.

Roberta
Old 02-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member

I googled that casserole and it does look delicious Roberta! thanks for mentioning it...

all good here...

Norma, I don't have the heart to repost the long list of info I lost, it was about your question on plasma donation...google 'plasmapheresis' and you will get four or five companies, then look for their locations, I saw at least ten in Florida but only one near you in New Jersey - Plan ahead for when you do move south? the Red Cross does not pay but commercial centers will ... lots of info online at the companies' websites

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Nine Year Member

Having leftover cooked pork made it so easy Ellen. I pulled 1/2 chopped frozen onion out of the freezer to add to the bagged cole slaw mix, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and oil. I tossed everything in and cooked till the cabbage had wilted so DH would be able to eat it. But you could just cook till warmed if you wanted the crunch from the veggies.

I'm deep cleaning the bathroom today one section at a time with breaks so I'm not super dizzy. I have the ceiling & walls to do and I will be done.

Roberta
Old 02-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Nine Year Member

Took all the covers off the Moringa tree & fruit trees since the temps went up to 80* today. Bought some more sheets at Goodwill so I am ready if we get cold again. The large safety pins came in handy for keeping the sheets closed with the elastic around the bottom. Everything will start taking off with some rain expected this weekend.
The cuttings I made from my fig trees are getting new leaves should turn into some nice bushes.
_________
Sueanne

Old 02-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone. It's turned cold here but the weather has been very mild overall for winter time so far.

Norma, I'm sorry about the unexpected car repairs. I know first hand those hurt.

Cau, sorry about your fall. Take care of yourself.

Roberta, do you know why coke points are ending? I hadn't heard about it until I read your post. I was supposed to receive a coupon for free coke but it hasn't came.

Hi Anna, Sueanne, Ellen and everyone.

Frugal was using my 15% off coupon at Ollie's, getting cheap Valentine's cards at the Dollar Tree, eating lots of leftovers, turning the heat down when sleeping, dh done the taxes instead of hiring someone, washing mostly in cold water and paying bills on time. I'm still staying home most days but spend a lot when I do go out. Groceries are so expensive even when you try to watch. Looking forward to watching the Superbowl this weekend. I'll be watching it alone but that's okay.
Jean
Old 02-04-2017, 06:31 AM
Nine Year Member

Jean, Coke is rolling out a new rewards program in July the email I received said. I would have thought that they would stop putting codes in the products since you only have till March 22nd to enter points.

Roberta
Old 02-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Nine Year Member

Took advantage of the sale on DiGiorno pizza and the coupon for a free one at Walgreens. They sold out fast was able to get some today. Glad I had room for the three boxes.
________
Sueanne

Closed Thread