Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 04:55 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy Birthday Anna!

Merry Christmas to all.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 12-24-2016, 05:30 AM
Nine Year Member

Anna, Happy Birthday! I have no problem getting on FC works fine for me.
Sorry to hear how busy you have been on your job. Glad David is helping with the cooking. I will be making another turkey tomorrow this one is only ten pounds. With ds living home Christmas dinner is a tradition with him. My sis lives near me so will probably visit after dinner for coffee and cake. She will be having her ds & friend and her girlfriend that moved here for dinner.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Attached Images

Old 12-24-2016, 05:36 AM
Nine Year Member

Oh Norma I learned my lesson on dd1's car that I was pressured into co-signing then the car salesman lied on the app so the loan would go through. Thankfully I am able to make the payments and am driving the car. If I had known how dd1 had run up her credit cards, had cards that I didn't know about (e-statements so no mail) I would have said no to the whole lets trade Daddy's car (that she had been driving for 3 yrs) in for a newer one that she would pay for. Then sil used "her" c/c (was an authorized card on our account) to pay bills running it up to $4,000 with interest that they still owe us. DD1 knows we are tapped out hopefully in 2017 they will start making payments to us. They are making payments to his parents for the car that they bought for them.

The local gas stations said "screw you travelers" gas jumped $.30 Thursday morning and is running $2.49.

I was surprised at the office cleaning job Wed when I went in there was a card with 5 coupons for a meal at their restaurants. That was nice and unexpected. Thursday I received a bonus from the house that I clean. And I received 5 gifts from my Avon customers too. Christmas came early for me.

I couldn't resist not picking up 3 gift boxes of Axe for men 4pc sets (3 different scents) for just the tax after their $5 store coupon, manu $3 coupon, $2 cash back offer at CVS. I will set them aside for later gifts as I don't need them for Christmas. I used my account, sister's and dd1's.

Roberta
Old 12-24-2016, 07:35 AM

Good morning again:

Roberta, good for you in knowing that it is not such a good deal to co-sign. It was a lesson that I had to learn the hard way and am dealing with the consequences now for a long time to come, I fear.

Way to go on the Axe. I know how much it is a loved product of the younger set.

Sounds like those you work for really appreciate the kind of job you do.

Sueanne, sounds like a lovely Christmas meal.

I popped out for a little while. I went to the bank, and good thing I did - they are closed on Monday. Probably a bank holiday on Monday.

Then I took a little trip to the grocery store. I was looking for asparagus at a reasonable price - not to be found. It is $3.99 lb. No way. So I had a back up plan and picked up a bag of white sweet corn and a bag of baby lima beans to make succotash. So I will be making ham, succotash, a sweet potato and some cole slaw. I make some baked macaroni to have on hand in case of visitors.

And I came right home. It is raining here - it always seems to rain the Saturday before Christmas - no matter what day of the week Christmas falls on.

Going out to Christmas Eve services at 4. I will then go to the car, and call in my Chinese food order. By the time I get there, it will be ready. Then back home.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Nine Year Member

I don't know how parents do it with large families with what the children put us through. I raised my dh son before we had ours so thought I knew all the tricks these kids put us through to buy cars & things. They always find new ones no matter how old they get when they know we had it. In my day our parents didn't have the money with large families so we worked after school to help them to buy cars and a new house. They never forgot and repaid us with love & under standing the rest of their lives.

Colored my hair this morning to cheer me up and make me feel better about getting older. Was letting my hair grow out to its natural color kept cutting it to give it new strength after the summer sun. Looked good but it wasn't me
so went back to lighter hair color. All my relatives my age are passing away or getting sick makes you a little nervous especially when you see your Christmas mailing list getting smaller. Hopefully after the Holidays will get back in the mode of meeting new friends & getting involved in the community again. Wishing every one a Happy Healthy New Years.
_________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Old 12-25-2016, 03:02 AM
Nine Year Member

Merry Christmas

Hello All,

A very Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you are all keeping well.

Anna, belated Happy Returns for yesterday.

I am in the middle of cooking christmas dinner, turkey for hubby and nut loaf for me.

Popping up to parents this afternoon, and then again tomorrow when my sister and partner will be visiting, happy days.

I hope to visit with you more, things have calmed down here, hubby was successful in securing a new position in his current company so that is a huge weight off our shoulders.

Take care all.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:05 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

Sueanne, if coloring your hair is one thing that makes you feel better about yourself, go for it. Mine had gotten really dry, so I am putting Fructis Miracle Oil on it, at least once a week, letting it stay in for at least 24 hours, before washing my hair again. And it smells wonderful. It is supposed to be just for hair, but I am also using it as a hand oil from time to time. Rubs in nicely, leaves that wonderful smell, and gives you a reason to massage your hands as you are rubbing it in.

Liz, so glad you are able to pop in with such great news - that your dh got another job, within the same company. Take such a burden of worry off your shoulders. Enjoy your parents and your sister this Christmas time.

I will be going to church this morning. Yesterday, I went to Christmas Eve services. I got there early to get a parking place, and ended up helping put the candles in the plastic sleeves (looks like a cup with a hole in the middle to hold the candle). At the end of the service we light a candle, one to another, and sing Silent Night and then raise the candle to shine our lights (representative of "Jesus is the Light of the world"). The kids love it as they can have a candle too in relative safety.

Better go for now.

Take care all, and again, have a very Merry Christmas with friends and family.

Norma
Old 12-25-2016, 05:14 AM
Nine Year Member

Norma, I do use Garnier Nutrisse with the nourishing fruit oils. Do notice how manageable it makes my hair and the color last a long time. Hang out with my sister and her friends that are ten years younger so like to look good. I have colored my hair for years with no problems with the sun. Bought a larger hat to wear when working out doors. Short hair is easier to take care of in Florida.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas with friends & family!
________
Sueanne

Old 12-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Merry Christmas to all of my FC friends! I have been so busy lately and haven't had a lot of time to pop i , but I think of you all often. I hope your holiday is filled with love and blessings!
Paul and I went to Christmas Eve mass with his kids and my mom last night--it was such a beautiful service! We went back to mom's for dinner and gifts after, and I dropped off fudge I had made to some of my mom's neighbors. They have lived there since I grew up there. Then we took his kids back to their mom's.
Today Paul and I will head back over to my Mom's for Christmas dinner with her and my older brother and his wife. My younger brother wasn't able to make it back this year.
Hugs to you all, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 12-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my FC friends.Christmas Eve turned out to be just 4of us. Youngest dd & dgd went to their respective boyfriend"s family celebrations.
We ate our fried chicken & mashed potatoes, sliced beef. Then made cookies & dips. A nice relaxing evening for all. Today we open as a family & will eat leftovers & dips all day. I hope you all have a wonderful family day

Closed Thread