Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Roberta, Thanks for the heads up on the Kroger coupons. They are Fred Meyer out here but still under the Kroger umbrella. So I was able to get the Free Dove ice cream coupon.
And I have signed back up for my coupon sites so I don't miss any Free stuff. I was looking at Safeway this morning and have a Free sour cream on it, surprise! I have a couple of weeks to get that one.

And the other day I used the LLBean coupon $10 off $10 coupon, I could only find a water bottle but we'll use it. And free shipping so total was free.

Charlotte, that is very nice of the VFW to give a wreath for Wayne.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:22 AM
Nine Year Member

Jean, my part of the indoor decorations is almost done, dh still needs to get the HO train set up and running but the mantle and entryway and front door are done with wreaths and stockings and things. We did an artificial tree for the first time last year and it was all right. Not sure yet about using scented stuff, might just get some garland at the last minute for that fresh pine scent.

LaurieS, you and Roberta and the others are so fortunate to have the Kroger etc chain stores! We have Giant, Weis, Wegmans, Trader Joes, and a few dollar stores. WE do have a Sam's Club so maybe that is why Aldi's etc haven't moved to our town yet. Got to go to the next town over, Altoona, for Aldi's. We have a Sharp Shopper in the next valley. Both are a half hour's drive though.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-30-2016, 08:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone.

Laurie, how did you like the
Dove icecream? I've had the bars and think it was some of the best tasting icecream I've ever had.

Ellen, I bet the trainset will look so pretty as part of your decorations. I love to see them go around the tree.

Frugal has been staying home all day and eating from what we have. I made a turkey pot pie using leftover turkey and broth from Thanksgiving. I cut up the rest of the dark turkey and put it up in one cup portions for future pot pies. I decided to make a new to me cookie recipe that I wanted to make for Christmas if it turned out good. I'm glad I did because the recipe wasn't much good. I'm also glad I didn't make the full recipe. Dh put together the new tree and I have it partly decorated. I'll try to finish it tomorrow. I wrapped up fil and his wife's gift and got that out of the way. We got lots of rain today and its supposed to turn much cooler tomorrow. Have a good night.
Jean
Old 12-01-2016, 05:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Jean, I haven't gotten to the store yet to redeem the coupon.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Nine Year Member

I've been loading all the 25 Days coupons figuring the featured items with high priced coupons will be on sale. The one was chips $2.50 coupon is on sale this week 2/$5.00, SCORE free chips for us. If nothing else Mom can use them when she has to bring the snack to card club. I couldn't believe the price of the Lifesavers/Skittles "Christmas book", that was a $2.50 FREE item will stick them in Jessica's stocking. I told Mom what isle to find them in, I remember them from my childhood.

I've been playing catch up on the computer tonight and I need to do dishes before going to bed. I plan on mulching/bagging the leaves in the front & side yards tomorrow afternoon and will spread them in the garden area. I just mulched the ones in the back yard to save on time.

Roberta
Old 12-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Nine Year Member

OH, I don't think I mentioned that on Sunday evening my pacemaker shifted about 45 degrees to the left. Had some mild pain and called the office on Monday to let them know as I had an appt today for a device check. Ended up being "ok" and the reason being is that I've lost 20lbs!!!! I have another 20lbs that I would love to lose in 2017, taking things slow and easy.

Roberta
Old 12-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

Roberta, way to go on the weight loss. You should be proud of yourself. Good luck with the next 20. I think your smart to take it slow.

Norma, are you okay? It's not like you to not post.

My frugals were making homemade pizza and letting the door stay open after the stove was turned off to let the heat out into the house, washed a load of laundry in cold and saved 7 dollars at Walmart. I finished decorating my tree except the skirt needs to be put on. I need to start writing my cards out this weekend. I got my first card in the mail today. Have a good weekend.
Jean
Old 12-03-2016, 06:52 AM

December 2016 Now Open

Please use the link to go to the new December thread.. sorry it's late working lots of hours and tired. I'll try to get on here sometime this week working a 9 hour shift today 12:45 to 9pm it was 9 hours till they figured out they were going to have to pay me overtime.

Anna

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/w...er-2016-a.html
Old 12-03-2016, 07:19 AM

Good morning all!!

Ellen, I am fine, just that working those 10 hour days and keeping up with email, and trying to get everything cleaned out of the house, I am generally really tired most days.

Glad that your home is almost decorated. Puts you in the right mood.

Jean, glad you were able to test the cookie recipe before you made a batch you were not happy with. Also really happy to hear that your whole family was able to be together for Thanksgiving. That alone is something to be thankful for.

I made a pizza on a pocketless pita last night for dinner, instead of eggs.

Roberta, YAY on the weight loss. Hope you are able to get the weight to continue to come off.

We don't have any of those stores here either.

Laurie, I like the dove ice cream bars too, glad they are not really large too. I can only handle of that much before the lactose starts to get to me, and makes so much mucus and coughing, that more would not be worth eating it to me. Sometimes you bite the bullet for something really delicious, and sometimes you don't.

Ellen, glad you got at least one deer. I have been watching some youtube videos on various homesteading channels, and almost all have ones on how to skin and cut up the deer. Some women can the deer meat as well as putting some roasts and ribs into the freezer. And almost everyone is making bone broth. Said it falls somewhere in between chicken and beef, so must be pretty much on par with veal broth.

Colleen, your soup sounds interesting. Was there anything else you put in beside the greens?

Charlotte, I am glad the VFW thoughtfully remembered Wayne and all the time he spent there, and in service to our country with a wreath for his grave.

Glad you were able to spend some time with your son. A new job is always challenging, but invigorating.

Not a lot going on here. I finally heard from the realtor. The showing was a bust because they thought the house too small. And he thinks I need to drop the asking price by about 1/3, which after much prayer, and talking with friends and my brother, I am not going to do. His contract for the listing is up the beginning of January, and I have another realtor in mind to represent the house.

Alice has finally stopped insinuating that each time one of us handles her e-mails that we are doing it all wrong, and actually asked me why I did something. My answer was simple and clear, that I looked into the previous orders and followed suit.

My brother (who lost his wife), also lost his bil last week. Just 40 days after Espi passed away. Their whole family is in shock. My brother's children not only lost their mother, but also one of their most beloved uncles very close together. And I can't even imagine what Espi's mother is going through. She also is in the beginning stages of some form of dementia at 79. They don't know what happened, he had been complaining of stomach pain and my brother Mark had told him to go to the ER or Urgent Care on Saturday. On Monday his sister was to take him to the doctor's, and found him outside the house on the lawn, deceased. Maybe a stomach aneurism or a busted appendix or gall bladder, who knows.

This afternoon is the Christmas Tea at Alice's church, and I will be picking Elvia up for it.

Tomorrow afternoon is our One Winter Night celebration at my church. I am part of the family craft station this year. It should be beautiful.

I am still crocheting, and for each portion of a skein I use, it seems that I find another or two or three that I really want to keep.

I took a sweater box full of yarn and knitting needles to the library the other night. I need to get a few at a time of the Southern Living State by State cookbooks and get them to the library too. I can do this in 2-3 lots I think and will be ok.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread