Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just a quick hello, my frugal friends! I haven't had much time to check in, but I wanted you all to know I am thinking of you!
Old 09-08-2016, 03:07 AM

Good morning all!!

We are back in the "soup" again. Today the temps are supposed to be upwards of 90* and feeling in the upper 90*'s. But at least it is supposed to break Saturday night into Sunday.

Not a lot going on here. I had asked the library to get me the next season of MacGyver and between the time I got the 1st season and asked for the 2nd, the library system had purged them, and they are no longer available. With the new MacGyver series coming out, I think that is a bad thing to do - terrible timing anyway. I was able to get the 2 MacGyver movies on one dvd though, and they are certainly worth watching. That is my big rant for the week.

Frugal is getting some more dvds through the library tonight. Frugal is also having all meals from home.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-08-2016, 05:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning all,

We are back from our camping trip and I have everything cleaned up always piles of laundry to do when we get back. DH washed the trailer and it's back out at our storage place. We may go out again later this month before hunting season starts.

I hope everyone had a good 3 day weekend.

My tomatoes are really coming on so I will be doing some canning in the next few days.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-08-2016, 09:20 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Thursday. Have dinner in the crockpot. This is the last of the leftover food from the camping trip. Not much going on here. Wish the weather would cool down so I could turn off my a/c. Tired of the big bills

Charlotte
Old 09-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Nine Year Member

I wish it would cool down as well Charlotte though I'm not ready for cold weather. My electric bill was up $20 this past month and I'm sure this months will be about the same. I heard on the news that we have had 18 days of 90 degree weather already this year.

Tuesday I went to Dollar General, CVS, and Kroger saving 65% of the bill. Lisa would be jealous of my DG trip for $4.85 I was able to get 3) Charmin Basic 12 roll big squeeze bonus packs. They were on sale for $4.95, I had $5 in coupons, spend $15 get $5 off. So basically 2 pks were FREE!!.

Time for a break from delivering Avon and before I go at 6pm to clean the office. Will watch some tv and roll cigs for DH.

Roberta
Old 09-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member

Woke up to a nice cool morning. Was able to get outside while it was still shady out front with a cool breeze. Cut all the hedges out front along the front of the house they were getting too large. The electric hedge hog does a great job with its longer blade. Also did the smaller ones on the side of the house. Trimmed the hibiscus bushes in the front of the house too.
Think eating the moringa leaves couple of times a day added to breakfast and lunch is kicking in with extra energy. Made a tuna sandwich with moringa and called it quits for today at 2:00. This time of the year the yard needs some extra care.
_______
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 09-08-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Nine Year Member

Woke up to a nice cool morning. Was able to get outside while it was still shady out front with a cool breeze. Cut all the hedges out front along the front of the house they were getting too large. The electric hedge hog does a great job with its longer blade. Also did the smaller ones on the side of the house. Trimmed the hibiscus bushes in the front of the house too.
Think eating the moringa leaves couple of times a day added to breakfast and lunch is kicking in with extra energy. Made a tuna sandwich with moringa and called it quits for today at 2:00. This time of the year the yard needs some extra care.
_______
Sueanne

Old 09-08-2016, 05:20 PM

Good evening all!!

Roberta, way to go with the savings. That's terrific savings.

I agree with Charlotte, that I wish it would cool down for awhile, so I could turn the ac off too. I don't count those 90*+ days, I just try to survive.

Sueanne, yes, the yard does need some attention this time of year. The guy who mows for me was here today, after his day job (where I work), and did another good job for me.

I got my water bill today, and I am really not happy. I didn't have water for 3 weeks, and my bill was exactly the same as the last quarter. I will be calling the water dept. tomorrow.

Made chicken salad from the last of the rotisserie chicken, and have enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-09-2016, 02:25 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy Birthday Norma!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-09-2016, 04:21 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy Birthday Norma! Enjoy your Day!
_________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Closed Thread