Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 04:19 AM

Good morning all!!

Colleen, I am sure Cass was thrilled with her birthday dinner!

I watch mass now at 5:30 am on Sunday mornings too. Not that I am Catholic, but I don't think that we can ever get enough of God's word.

Jean, how are you feeling today? Are the meds helping with the shingles?

Sorry to hear about your tomato plants. I have not had any in a few years because of having those rats, until this year. So far, so good, my biggest problem has been Chewie and the weed whacker.

I saw a ground hog at the other end of the block on Saturday. Made my heart do flip-flops, and not the good kind. He was moving pretty fast too.

Jayden and I had a good time together. We watched the movie "Tarzan" on Disney Jr., I danced while he played the xylophone, and then he danced while I banged away. Not the prettiest, or best sounding, but it was fun.

My frugals so far today are having breakfast here, making another 2 quarts of iced tea, emptying and refilling my two freezer containers with water that I add daily to work, in my thermos (it is a 16 oz. ice cube) along with a few smaller ones to keep that tea cool for work. I also have made my turmeric capsules and my cinnamon ones for the week, put all my meds in the weekly med organizer.

I have moved some stuff in the house, and need to move some more around so when the plumber gets here, it will be easier for him to see what's going on.

Better go, not having access to my computer when I am at my friends' home makes me way behind in YouTube videos for some of the homesteading people that I am following, and some of the facebook groups that I belong to.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-08-2016, 06:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning!

Lisa—
It’s great to see you posting! That’s a very busy sounding weekend off! Love the pic of the kidsJ

Roberta—
What great news from the doctor!! That is wonderful!

Charlotte—
That’s fantastic that you are able to take advantage of the produce from your neighbors’ garden while they are away.

Jean—
So sorry about the shingles flare. I’ve heard they can be pretty miserable.

Norma—
I can only imagine how happy you will be to be able to get back into your house again, but you seem to be coping very well.

Colleen—
That sounds like a lovely birthday celebration for Cass. Hope you all enjoyed it.

Frugal here…I had free tickets from work to go to see our local baseball team on Saturday and to see Montgomery Gentry at the county fair on Sunday night. We had a super busy weekend. Paul had the kids, we visited his dad a few times, I had some various fitness adventures, plus the game and the fair and the usual chores and grocery shopping…it’s almost a relief to come back to work to get a break, lol!

Hope you all have a great week, my friends!
Old 08-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi girls, hope your week is starting off well. We got some rain today so I guess one frugal was only having to water the pots that needed it on the porch.

Norma, the medicine was only for 7 days. The rash continues to fade but i feel so run down. Your time with jayden sounded precious. Things like that make good memories. My yds told me the other day he could remember me singing and ironing a lot when he was little. He was telling me about a book he remembers me reading to him. It meant so much that some of those things had stayed in his memories.

Cau, how are you feeling today?

Chris, you are so active. I used to like listening to Montgomery Gentry. I haven't heard much from them in a while. I had heard one of them had been sick some time ago but I don't know if that's true.

Frugal today was cooking the last bit of pinto beans I had along with frying the last of the white potatoes I had. I made cornbread using buttermilk I had frozen. It was simple but very good. Washed one load of laundry in cold. Well have a good night.
Jean
Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 PM

Wow I haven't been on since the first you all have been busy and Lisa, so glad to see you back. Wow too on getting ready to have a grandson the years have just flown by on here haven't they? I am so glad in one way or another we have all kept in touch with each other over the years. Robin F. is on my FB page, she isn't very talkative but she's there, Barbzy too and Jamie. I have learned so much for each of you over the years we have went in different directions but we still stay in touch.

Colleen.. sorry to hear your dd is suffering from depression, as you know David went through that for a time too and I am so thankful that those of you who have been through it were here for me to help support me during that difficult time.

Norma

Decluttering feels good doesn't it? I am slowly each week getting rid of things here still got a long way to go. I took another 2 cookie tins full of costume jewelry to the church on Sunday, they had sold some of my pieces during the week that I took last week. Took a tote bag of stuff to Birthright last week. Chiseling away at it slowly but surely.

Jeanette

So sorry that you are still suffering from the Shingles.. it really bites that the insurance companies will not pay for this so that no one has to suffer.

Norma

Hoping you get your water pipe issue resolved soon.. what were they thinking burying a pipeline under cement??

Chris and Charlotte

Good to see you posting.

Not much new here except with the other drug addict Harold.. I will have to look for the long post I put on FB and share it here so I get the whole thing told in proper sequence again.

One frugal thing I have done lately is Saturday I had the day off and needed to go get new support insoles for my shoes.. in the same strip where Staples is. They sent me a $10 off $10 purchase coupon. I bought David a adult coloring book along with colored pencils (on sale 97 cents) and markers since I'm not sure which way he'll want to color, they were on sale for $2.49 I think? So all told after my coupon I paid $3 for a Christmas gift for him. I did buy 3 other books at Family Dollar for $1 each and one expensive one at Walmart that was $10 awhile back.. it's a Christain coloring book. So this will be one small gift for him. I also got him a Amazon gift card, will be getting more before Christmas. So today while I was home I wrapped them and they are ready for Christmas.

We shopped at Amazon tonight for more Frontline, he was tempted to buy a generic that was $20 a pkg. cheaper but I told him.. "We've been there done that" and we got fleas really bad" so we bit the bullet and paid $135 with shipping for 3 month supply for each dog.. ouch! but fleas and the parasites they leave in the dog not on my watch. So we are set for this season.. Aug. Sept. and October. Still have to get more heartworm meds. to get us through the season but then 6 months of reprieve. We do 6 months on, 6 months off.

My new neighbor is working out fantastic hardly ever see her and quiet as a mouse, no cars coming and going, she works 3 to 11pm and we work days for the most part so we aren't in each others way. Kelly who lived there before and was supposed to move in with her gf and her kids, guess that didn't work out and she moved in with Wanda across the street (her Grandma) so now Kelly's Dad, her adult brother, she and her 3 kids all live over there. Chris her bf moved to Montana with his brother so for now at least he's out of the neighborhood and no more fighting. Praise the Lord.

So guess I better get going working day shift the next 2 days then a night shift.

Anna
Old 08-08-2016, 06:04 PM

This happened on Friday night and Saturday Morning:

Power of God: As some of you know we have had a lot of trouble in our neighborhood with 2 drug addicts Chris and Harold. We have prayed on it and for them. Chris moved to Montana and we continue to pray for his healing daily. We also pray for Harold. Well yesterday evening I went outside to get my mop bucket off the porch and saw Harold laying on his steps.. I wasn't sure if he had Over dosed or was dead. I called a neighbor to get his partners phone number Harold can be violent and I didn't want to get into something I couldn't handle by going over there. She told me that Tom wasn't there and that she would call the ambulance. In the meantime some of his drug friends from across the street were coming over and I told them to stay away from him unless they had medical training that the ambulance was on it's way. Well finally one of them got up close and yelled his name several times and he woke up about that time the ambulances and police arrived.. 9 paramedics, one counselor of some kind and the police. His buddies told him I had called so he was pointing down at my house and I heard him say "wait till tonight". I ask the police if he was threatening me, they said don't pay any attention to him, he overdoses all the time. I said "I know and we are praying for him" they said he needs it. So anyways.. we worried all night what he might do to our house or our cars. This morning we got up late, doodled around the house.. a knock was made on the door, it was Harold. He had a cup of coffee and a cigarette in his hand so I didn't feel threatened and went outside to talk to him. He apologized, said it embarrassed him for me to see him like that, he said he had drank too much (his partners told me he had been doing Xanax but I let it go). I told him "Harold I thought you were dead". I told him we are praying for you.. he cried. He said he is trying to get help, that he has backslid so many times and that he isn't a bad person just lost. I told him "I know Harold, I said I know even though you and I have had our differences over the years that if I ask you for help you would if you could". He said "anytime Anna, all you have to do is call". I told him too that we knew he was a good person in his heart. I hugged him and told him "God bless you" which made him cry even more. So God is listening and is showing us that he is and that he is answering our prayers.. Praise our Father for his never ending love for all of us. Amen.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:15 AM

Good morning all!!

Only a moment. $123 later the plumbers are scratching their heads. The company owner said he might come out at 6 one night and get a look for himself. My friend is going to come move the refrigerator for me because they think they might have heard a meter running behind it, and they wouldn't move it, and I am not strong enough.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good afternoon!

Jean—
Nice going using up the last of your pinto beans and the potatoes. And I have always enjoyed Montgomery Gentry. It’s been a while since they have come out with anything new, but they put on a good show.

Anna—
That is such a nice story about your neighbor! It sounds like he may be at a point where he is getting ready to turn his life around. It is so hard to see someone struggling with addiction. I will add my prayers for him to yours. So glad to hear your new neighbor is working out so well.

Norma—
Hope there is a solution for the pipe situation soon.

Frugal here… all meals and snacks from home and continuing to enjoy the bounty of the garden. Paul made a big batch of salsa last night. I stayed in at lunch yesterday and today and read a library book, so no gas wasted. Went for a run down by the river with a friend last night, and we were treated to the most beautiful sunset!

Have a great rest of your day, everyone!
Old 08-09-2016, 10:58 AM
Nine Year Member

I've redeemed points for $85 in gift cards for purchases I will be making by the end of the month so that will help out with those bills.

I've been attempting to declutter and sell what we haven't been using. I need to step up that game plan to many things getting in the way of doing that more.

I have Hunter tomorrow so not much will get done!

Roberta
Old 08-10-2016, 06:15 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Wednesday. I have been very busy. My parents barn burned down on Sunday. Some of the house was damage also. We spent Monday dealing with insurance agents and such. My parents are staying in a hotel and looking for temporary housing for up to 8 months. Very stressful week. My parents are ok and so is there cat. That is all that counts.

Been making my meals with stuff from the house and garden this week.

Have a wonderful day.

Charlotte
Old 08-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma how frustrating for you . Hopefully they will find the problem soon

Anna how very scary it must have been. I guess you just keep praying for poor Harold

Lisa I saw on Facebook you got the new job. I am so very happy for you

Jean I am praying for you & your health issues. You are handling things well

Chris keep up the good work

Charlotte. Thank God your folks are ok

Usual frugals here. Hot & humid & hard to breath outside so hanging around the house alot. DD2 started her new job & is totally overwhelmed. Seems the office is totally unorganized. She has her work cut out for her but she can handle it. Dgd is signed up for classes & gets her new job schedule today. She is working the night shift so she makes more money.

Closed Thread