Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 03:11 AM

Good morning all!!

Just here for a moment. I got up, drove the 20 minutes here, had breakfast, made my lunch, got my dirty dishes together (I will wash them at work), took one of the 2 gallon jugs that is empty to refill at work, got all of that packed. Got my clothes for tomorrow, and added shampoo and conditioner to my bag.

Packed a few more bags of yarn and got them, and all the other stuff I am taking tonight to Alice's church packed and loaded in the car.

Tonight after work, I have to deliver that stuff, and I want to go to the store and get 2 more gallons of water, and then I will have 4 jugs that can be continually filled - at work when I am there, at Sally's when I am out there.

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Colleen—
Prayers for your youngest. Depression is such a monster to fight. I have a couple of friends who battle it, and I feel so bad for them. Hugs to you as you watch her go through it.

Norma—
You are so resourceful! Good to see you popping in! I hope the pipe issue gets taken care of quickly for you.

Frugal here…I redeemed a $10 “anniversary” reward at a sporting goods store and got 2 packages of socks for a little over $3. It was time to replace many of my running socks, so this came at a good time. Also, I paid off a hospital bill today that I have been chipping away at—woohooo!!

All for now. Have a great night!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:38 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Afternoon. I packed my lunch with leftovers again. Last nights dinner was chicken thighs and brushel sprouts. I need to do some laundry tonight. I want to stop and get some hotdog rolls.

Have a wonderful day.

Charlotte
Old 08-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi ladies....just checking in to say hello. I have some reading to do. Prayers that all are doing well.

Guess I'll throw in my frugals for today. I returned a shirt to WalMart, I had all of my meals at work, I'm actually washing my clothes and drying them at work while I spend the night. I'm saving on gasoline by spending the night here, saving on the laundromat since my dryer isn't working.

Have a blessed evening/day!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:01 AM

Good morning all!!

Frugal is still staying with my friends. They are so gracious. I got a lesson on how to use their washer and dryer last night, even though I assured them I can go to the laundrymat.

Alice followed me over to the church last night where I emptied another car full of stuff. Her husband met us there, and it is always good to see Ed.

Since I have to get someone who is licensed to do this job on the water pipes, I got a recommendation from Doug - the company that we use at work and he has used at his home. They can't get out here to look until Monday morning.

Filled up my empty water jug at work, and also bought 2 more, for a total of 4. Alice told me that at the local grocery store, you can fill your jugs for $.40 a gallon, that they clean the unit every couple of weeks, etc., and that it is double-filtered water. So I might be doing that this weekend.

Not much else is going on.

Better go for now. Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-04-2016, 05:36 AM
Nine Year Member

Lisa so good to hear from you. I take it you aren't at the Memorial place anymore.

WOW Norma that will be a long time without water. but you do want someone that is good working on the pipes.

Chris good job on getting your running shoes and socks at such a great price.

I've been picking up items from the Kroger Mega sale saving 60-80%.

Roberta
Old 08-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa hi good to hear from you,

Norma Sorry it is taking so long but you do want someone lisenced to do the job correctly.

I went to Jewel they had a big sale. Pork tenderloins for $1.99 a lb. I bought the limit of 5, skirt steak for $4.99 a lb, & ribs as a treat. Weather nasty again too hot to go out & do anything. Bad air again

Old 08-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Roberta, you are correct, I'm no longer at the monument place. I left there the end of February 2015. I am a general aide, which means all of the jobs the others don't do, I do....include fill in for the cook, dietary, housekeeper at a retirement community. I love my residents, seniors are my niche. I've been recommended for Housekeeping Supervisor at our campus and am just waiting to hear if the job is mine. I now make minimum wage, the new job will almost double my pay.

Cau, hi! The air quality is in the toilet here today as well. It's like breathing in hot water.

My frugal today was eating all meals at work, lol. I came home and made bowtie pasta with meat marinara sauce and garlic bread. The girls love it. I've got two girls left at home. My son is in Chicago, doing well. Rachel, my 24 yr old, is married, she married in March 2015, and she's due with her first child, my first grandson, in September. She's working as a teacher's assistant, tho she has her teaching degree, in Paducah. She and her husband live here in So. IL, it's just a 40 minute drive to her new job. My son in law is a nurse, post op floor, at our big hospital here.

Megan is now 20, lives with me, is starting slow out the gate. She was in school, didn't drop out but hasn't finished yet either. She's contemplating moving to Chicago, getting a job up there. She's more of a city girl...I've known it for awhile.

My baby, Alyssa, is 17 and a senior this year. She's on the dance team, she's starting her 2nd year of dual credit classes toward community college....all of her general classes, and has also been accepted into the school's CNA Program. I'm so proud of her!

That's the news here. We're just pinching pennies the best that we can, living life.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:00 AM

Good morning all!!

Yes, not only will the company have to be licensed that does the work, the city will have to have code enforcement come and approve the work. That paperwork will have to be part of the package when I sell the house.

Elwood told me to bring jugs to his house, use his hose to fill them, for toilet flushing. I had not put all that litter into the litter jugs, so they are now in my car for that purpose. I don't know when I will be in my house this weekend, so it makes good sense.

Chewie will be mowing after work today. I told him I needed to know because of my living situation, so we made those arrangements.

Tomorrow is the city-wide yard sale. It is to be 90* and steamy with possible showers from time to time.

Alice told me she has sold all 6 of the Holiday Barbie's I gave to the church. One of their members isn't necessarily a collector, but she has 4 very young granddaughters and has already committed to them, even though she is on vacation.

I better go and make lunch, pack up the dirty dishes, an empty gallon jug, and get out so I can get started. Alice is off today, her favorite artist, Josh Groban is in town, so she will go see him tonight - the tickets were a birthday gift from her daughter.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi girls hope everyone is doing well in this summer heat. Thank God for ac because it would be so much harder on me without it.

Norma, I'm sorry about your water leak and hope it can be fixed soon and that your home will sell quickly.

Charlotte, sounds like your being frugal having meals from home and using leftovers for lunches.

Roberta, great savings at the store.

Chris, I hope Paul's dad is still showing signs of improvement.

Cau, I'm sorry about your dd's struggle and hope the doctors can help her. I know it's hard to see your child suffering in any form.

Lisa, it's so good to see you posting. I've thought about you many times and have missed you. Your kids are just about all grown and how exciting about the new arrival coming soon. I bet you all are super excited. When I started posting on here so many of us had younger kids and now so many of our kids are grown or nearly there. Now Roberta is a new grandmother and now you. Life changes so fast and the seasons are always changing.

As for me we have had two bd and one anniversary here lately plus lots of extra bills. I've just been trying to recover from the shingles and keep things paid on time. Got a bill yesterday from my ct scan and I owe a little over 450 dollars for my part of that. The doctor called and said the cyst in my lymph node had grown bigger but the radiologist still doesn't think it's cancer. My stress and blood pressure has been high but I'm trying to put my faith in the Lord above that everything will work out. Frugal was having leftovers for supper last night from the meal I had cooked the day before when yds and dil came over. Also, using a seven dollar dog food coupon and getting 15 cents off each gallon of gas. Yds and dil bought me a spice rack set that I just love and a cake and card. Ods bought me a large metal drink cup, a metal napkin holder with a rooster on it and salt and pepper shakers in the shape of roosters. I was very blessed by them giving me things they knew I would love. Have a good afternoon. I've got to cook dh's breakfast and pack his lunch.
Jean

Closed Thread