Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 04:31 AM

Good morning all!!

Sueanne, On the air fryer, I have the Cook's Essentials brand, it is the QVC brand. I see that Emeril has one out and is also selling it on QVC. It is a little different and has a couple of inserts so that you can also bake in it. The size and shape are about the same too - a barrel shape. I am loving mine.

It has been too hot to be outdoors here too. Even yesterday, before we got rain, the metal screen door handle was too hot to touch it. Good afternoon for staying in.

Today, so far, I have washed and hung a load of laundry, and made breakfast, that's all. I have some plans, and will get on them in a few, after I make my gel caps.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-22-2016, 04:43 AM
Nine Year Member

Buy 1 CVS 5 Minute Whitening Kit, 0.75 oz $5.99 - $6.49, regular price Buy 1, Receive $10.00 Extrabucks through 8/27, Limit 2 Pay $5.99-$6.49, Receive $10.00 Extrabucks Final Price: $4.01 – $3.51 Moneymaker

CVS.com print the $1 Kashi product coupon which works on the single bars that are on sale for $1 this week making them FREE. You can print the coupon twice for 2 FREE bars. If you haven't printed their food line Abound & Organic Abound coupons you can get some free or cheap food also. I love their Abound pre-popped popcorn I get the $1 bag for some free popcorn.

There is a 2/$5 Almay coupon at coupons.com that should allow for 2 FREE or cheap products. They have a deodorant that can be free depending on your local prices at Walmart.

I have a couple windows open this morning. Looks like the next 10 days at least I will be able to open them up before the heat comes back in the afternoons. Will be a nice break from the a/c running.

Roberta
Old 08-22-2016, 05:07 AM

Good morning again!!

Roberta, thanks for the heads up on the CVS items and coupons.

I have my windows open this morning too and have the fans going to move the air around.

I am making the cinnamon gel caps now, just finished the turmeric ones for pain.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-22-2016, 06:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Norma, I know we have been having our conversation about cinnamon over on FB, but I'm here so I'm curious about how many mg do you think you are getting in your gel caps that you are making?
Also with the turmeric.

If buying from the store they come in 1000 mg and 500 mg, I am trying to decide which strength to buy.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello all!
It was a busy weekend here, but like many of you, I was able to shut off the a/c and open the windows. Itís so nice to be enjoying the fresh air!

I took Friday off and drove to a town a couple of hours away to check out their yoga festival. I thoroughly enjoyed that! That evening, I took my mom to our local dinner theater to see Menopauseóthis was her Christmas gift from this past Christmas (with the free tix I scored at work). What a funny show that was!

On Saturday, I went to the last free yoga in the park of the season. Hard to believe itís that time of year already! They wrap it up when most of the schools are back in session. After that, Paul and the kids and I headed out to spend the afternoon at a housewarming party. Years ago, I worked at a bridal shop, and this is the home of the lady who owned the shop. Her daughter is one of my goddaughters (I have 5 godchildrenóhow wild is that??). In addition to being a housewarming party, it was a welcome home to my goddaughter, who had spent the summer in Hawaii on a biology internship saving turtles. She goes back this week for her senior year of college.

Yesterday was spent getting laundry done, the house cleaned, weeds pulled, planning meals and getting the grocery shopping done. After a visit to see Paulís dad and dropping Paulís kids off at their momís, we came home and grilled out with Paulís mom.

Now itís off to another busy work week! Oh, I did get a really fun freebie! A friend of a friend was moving and giving away some handbags. I ended up with a beautiful Kate Spade bag totally free! I would never have spent the money on one, but I was thrilled to have the free one. Itís a really pretty deep red, and very structuredómakes a nice bag to carry to workJ

Have a great week all!
Old 08-22-2016, 11:51 AM

Good afternoon all!!

Laurie, the gel caps are 1000 mg, however, I am sure that by packing them myself, I am not getting that much, a lot, but not all. The cinnamon is "drier" and has a more powder consistency than the turmeric so I probably get more than the turmeric.

Chris, sounds like a fun, packed weekend. Sorry your outdoor yoga season is coming to an end. There is still a lot of warm weekends ahead.

YAY on the free handbag. None of the handbags I looked through this weekend, going through all those clothes, caught my eye.

I got one more shelf here in the living room cleaned out - top shelf over the computer. It had a ton of dvds and some cds. A lot went to the library when I went to pick up the new dvd they called me about.

I also pretty much cleaned out the shelf underneath which had a few baskets with various stuff (most went in the trash), and moved the dvds that I am keeping down there. Will be a 10-minute packup since they have been gone through, when the time comes.

I stopped at the convenience store on the way back from the library and grabbed 1/2 gallon of milk too. I want to make mac'n cheese for later in the week, and white gravy for the chicken friend steak.

I have also paid bills this afternoon.

Better get back to it.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sueanne I'm with you on the cooler temps. I hate the extreme heat

Roberta cool idea using the bags of frozen veggies, your soup sounds delish. I'm ready for fall/winter food.

Norma I sure wish I could get myself to dump things like you are. I am going through all the books we have & dumping all the small print. It is just to hard to read anymore

Chris sounds like a great weekend. My middle dd loves purses. I shop on her shelves when I want a new one

The short ribs turned out delish!!! My niece came early & cut my hair. I am blessed by this. Dh picked up my Advair , not frugal as I'm in the doughnut hole. Close to $600.00 for a 3 month supply. I'm making salmon patties for dinner

Old 08-22-2016, 02:20 PM

Good evening all!!

It is that time again - time for a $.01 ream of paper from Staples (after rebate).

.01 Copy Paper at Staples

Go here to print the Staples coupon to get a ream of Hammermill copy paper for just .01 after Easy Rebate. It must be done in-store. Instructions will print on your receipt.

I have been busy this afternoon.

I decided to prepare some stuff for meals this week. So I cut the cantaloupe, made some mac 'n cheese, and then for dinner this evening, I made chicken fried steak with pepper gravy, and mashed potatoes.

It is beautiful here with a slight breeze.

Took the laundry off the line, and it is all put away.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Thanks Norma. After I posted that I looked in my daily meds(Leptin Control pack) I take from Wellness Resources because there is one of the capsules that is cinnamon. So I am getting some only 400 a day but that is better than none. I might up it though.

Chris that's pretty awesome getting a new to you purse! How is Paul's Dad doing?
Old 08-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Nine Year Member

I ended up getting 2 CVS overnight whitener at $9.59 as the cheaper 5min kind was sold out ($20 cash back). I picked up 2 Almay deodorant at $2.99 and used my 2/$5 coupon with my 30% off regular price discount as the 4 items were full price so I got an extra $7.54 off!!!!!

Roberta

Closed Thread