Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 06:48 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~December 2015

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 11-30-2015, 07:05 PM

Good late evening everyone

Colleen

Yes I have frozen mashed potatoes successfully.. forgot on Thanksgiving day to make them and forgot I had some already made in the freezer till you ask LOL! We lived.

Norma

Church was great but the drive home was exhausting.. traffic was heavy with everyone coming home from Thanksgiving, at one point we were almost at a standstill on a 3 lane highway for about a half hour, thought it was a terrible wreck got up there all it was was a trooper who had someone pulled over.. GRRR!

I shopped till I dropped today: Michaels, Walmarts, Staples, PetSmart, GFS and the vapor store. Got a few Christmas things and more Christmas fabric at Walmarts love it!! I also bought a pretty fabric and a oil canvas frame going to make a pretty picture to hang on our wall after we take our snowman picture down.

Dd finally texted me this morning saying she was sorry, she loves me, she was immature and would I forgive her. It's tough but as a preacher said on tv tonight there are 23 places in the bible where it says we must forgive to enter the kingdom of heaven. Very hard to do I will but will not get involved.. this causes way too much tension with dh and I. We will send gifts for Christmas but won't be going up there or having them here.. too much time will be devoted to work. I work day shift tomorrow so I need to get off here but wanted to get this thread opened.

Chris.. glad you all made it safely home, loved seeing all the beautiful pictures of AZ.

Thanks Patrice.. not much rest here till after February then Easter will roll around and start it all over again.

Take care my friends.

Anna

Anna
Old 12-01-2015, 01:58 AM

Good morning all!!

Kathy, how wonderful that you can join us again. It is so difficult to learn about all the different personalities when you start a new job. Seems to be tailored to you and your situation.

Anna, yes, it is hard to forgive the hurts of others, especially when you don't trust that this will be the last time. At one point a disciple asked Jesus how many times we should forgive - 1, or 7? Jesus said no, 7 x 7, meaning as many times as our Father forgives us our sins, when we ask for forgiveness, we should forgive others.

Well, the rest of this week, I work 8:30 to 5. I have Bible Study this evening, so I won't be back.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-01-2015, 04:24 AM

Norma

Thank you for the words from the bible. Sometimes you know something isn't good for you and this is one of those. I am going to just try very hard to step back and not get emotionally involved. We decided that we will wait on the Christmas gift giving until we do go up there so that it has some meaning behind it and not just something coming through the mail. I saw some really cute tshirts on amazon.com that I think the boys would like so will wait till later and order them and take up instead of giving money. I told dh it's not like they won't have tons of Christmas gifts between all the family on the boys Dad's side and I want to share in the joy of them opening gifts that I chose.

Well I'm off to work going to be a challenging day with shipment coming in from the factory, changing prices on the register and who knows what else she has lined up for me today.

Have a great day everyone and God be with each of you and keep you safe today.

Anna
Old 12-01-2015, 04:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning all. Will comment later.

Anna, I just went to change my avatar and there is a problem with them. There are only a few and they keep repeating.

Last edited by LaurieS; 12-01-2015 at 04:34 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:02 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I forgot to mention that Lea saw her finished Mini Paddle yesterday morning. I was drying it and so I just ended up giving it to her. But she doesn't know about the larger one that's on it's way.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna smart way to handle dd & her family, but it is hard to keep forgiving for the same stuff. Try & not work to hard

Norma & Roberta thanks for the info on the mashed potatoes. We are getting tired of them. Tonight I will add cheese & re-bake some but will freeze the rest.

Dh pulled his back out moving my lift chair. He was looking for something. I ordered him another from Walmart adding toiletries to make it free shipping. By shopping for essentials that way I keep out of the store & save in the long run. DD2 was sick on her birthday so making her her favorite tonight

Old 12-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Nine Year Member

Cau, I didn't know Walmart sold backs! LOL "Dh pulled his back out moving my lift chair. He was looking for something. I ordered him another from Walmart"

I finally got pictures of what I "won" this week I will see if I can get the pictures to upload but think I will need to do 1 at a time. Spent $50 not counting the $15 for a super heavy duty dresser I bought also.

Roberta

Pictures are uploading for some reason will have to work on it later
Old 12-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Roberta good catch , actually ordered him a reacher long enough for his heights

Old 12-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello everyone! It's been a busy day and I'm looking forward to a cup of tea, a blanket & my book. I'm sure I'll be joined by a fur baby or two!

I went to Walmart & did a big stockup today. We were out of a lot of basics. I have gotten into the habit of going & picking up a few things 2 or 3 times a week. I told dh on Sunday that I am not going to do that anymore. If we run out of something, we'll just have to make do until my next scheduled shopping trip.

Closed Thread