Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 08-01-2015, 01:35 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~August 2015

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 08-01-2015, 01:39 PM

Thread Closing

I am a little off on closing this month so please follow the link below and post there. I see several of our members on here reading so I won't close it till later but please don't post here repost on the link below.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/w...ml#post1184838

Anna
Old 08-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I just sent you a PM
Old 08-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Nine Year Member

I cancelled our AAA as our insurance has a plan added to the policy so no sense in paying twice.

I'm thrilled sold $168 at the poker run. Was a little crowd I thought more people would have come back after for the activities but I don't know how many were riding either.

Roberta
Old 08-02-2015, 03:20 AM

Good morning all!!

Recall on Kraft sliced cheese. Has to do with a thin piece of plastic that might stick to the slices even after you think you have removed that plastic film. The recall applies to those packages ending in 554 and 555. I only get my cheese from the deli so it won't apply to me, but maybe someone else.

Anna, love the newer car because of it being a hybrid. I am so old-school that the new push button cars might be difficult for me.

Colleen, sorry you are bored. Are you reading something interesting though? Hope the ankle responds to being off it quickly.

Laurie, good to see you. Hope all is well with you and yours?

Roberta, good for you on selling so much. I ran into just one person who was selling Avon at the yard sale yesterday. Unfortunately she had nothing I needed.

Did I tell you I am putting a skin softener, talc and same scent deodorant from Avon together with the double-walled adult sippy cup for my sister as her birthday gift?

Spent a quiet night with my new cookbooks and some Bones dvds. One is from a church in middle-Jersey which spans 1957 through 2007. One is from the American Heart Association (the group I am certified to teach through), one is a "brand name" products cookbook, way to much fat, salt and sugar for me, but a good read. One is called "The Doctors Book of Food Remedies" and the other is a Weight Watchers Points Plus book called "Just 5". Everything in it has just 5 ingredients. Some of them will be read and then donated to the library. But for $.50 a book, how could I beat it?

Have been up and on the go this morning. While trying to empty Asha's litter box, she decided she needed to go - so I had to put litter in the clean litter box and wait to empty the other one until she was done (pushy cat, lol).

2 loads of laundry, made biscuits (Grands, not up to putting a lot of ingredients together on a Sunday morning when I have to go to church).

I even figured out what I am putting that hand soap in to use. I didn't have any empty hand soap dispensers, except the foaming kind. But I do have patterned glass pump lotion bottles from Avon that match my bathroom. Just the thing - got it all rinsed out and ready to go.

Better go for now and get ready. Take care all! Norma
Old 08-02-2015, 06:05 AM

Norma

Way to go on using what you already have instead of having to buy something to put the soap in.

The push button.. yeah it is definitely going to take some getting used to. There is a hidden key on the key thing but it only opens the car, doesn't go in the "no key ignitition". It's definitely weird. Last night I was showing Maddy the inside of the car and "found" the emergency lights it's a push button too. I was trying to start the car LOL!

Both our cars have a thing on the steering wheel so you can dial on your cell phone, scroll through your cell phone (on a screen on the dashbaord) and talk on your phone thru the steering wheel. We as you know have only had the smart phones a few months (you have to have bluetooth) and dh had not gotten around yet to figuring out how to use it. The salesman put my phone in yesterday but I haven't really worked with it yet. Leifey might be able to help me with it today, he's such a techy kid already at 15. He's run out of storage space on his smartphone and is buying some kind of card that gives you more storage space on your smartphone to add more apps. My sister has really run with hers too.. she has games, downloaded MP3 free on hers so she can pick out the songs she wants to listen to.

Anyways.. I'll be going out there today to get apples, target shoot with the nephew and enjoy my family. Next weekend they are going to a family reunion on my sister's side of the family (remember we are step sisters) so doubt I'll go out. Dh's wanting to go on a car ride with the new car.. we've been wanting to go up Marysville, Ohio way and on to Bellefontaine, Ohio as we've never been there. One day trips are all we can afford and not leave our dogs for too long.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Nine Year Member

When my Great Aunt stopped driving about the time my oldest sister started driving her car had push button gears on the dash which all my siblings drove until the car died.

CVS this week. Not sure if you get them cheaper Norma at the grocery or not.
Nexium 24HR, 42 ct $23.99 Buy 1, Receive $5.00 extrabucks, Limit 3
Use $7.25/1Nexium 24HR Product, 28 or 42 ct, 90210, CA (coupons.com)
Or $5.00/1Nexium 24HR 28 or 42 ct from RP 7/26

Prilosec OTC, 42 ct $23.93 Buy 1, Receive $5.00 extrabucks, Limit 3
Use $5.00/2Prilosec OTC 42 ct Products from PG 7/26
Or $2.00/1Prilosec OTC Product (coupons.com)

Roberta
Old 08-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Congratulations Anna on the new car.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I am cooking navy beans in the crockpot. It smells delicious.

Lea and Cameron called. They were at Target shopping for school supplies since they go back to college soon. It feels good knowing that isn't on me anymore. But they bought some stuff for 17 cents and got a $5 gift card. They are buying food so they don't have to cook tonight.

I'm watching a free movie on YouTube. I almost paid $15 for it but I cancelled my pre-order. Now I can wait until the price decreases.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:05 PM

Ohio is having a tax free day next Friday for school supplies including clothes. It was in our Sunday paper today.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sect...l?cmpid=tplnnv

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 08-02-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:04 AM
Nine Year Member

Good Morning all,

We have finally moved, and are now in our new home with wifi! So, I will now be able to post more regularly!

I have been able to pop in and out of this thread the last few days, Chris, I was teary myself on reading about you hearing from your 'step son.'

Hubby is meeting the inventory lady for the formal handover on our rental property at noon today, while I stay and sort out the kitchen.

Fortunately, hubby has the week off as there are a lot of boxes in storage to sort through.

Joann, sorry to hear about the issue with where you are living; I do hope it is resolved.

I need to go and get on with tidying up.

Take care all.