Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 06:54 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaInOhio View Post
Oh I would LOVE to have this kitchen.

https://www.facebook.com/957kjr/phot...type=1&theater

Anna
Me, too! I see I'm not the only one here who's old-fashioned!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:59 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna. I meant to comment on the pictures you posted the other day, but got carried away with other things and just remembered now. So lovely!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:59 PM

Norma

I meant to ask about the chopper too and kept forgetting to ask.

Did not have a good day here today. I went to work at 11am had a meeting, found out my drawer on Friday was short $9 and that since I've had 2 now in 60 days if I have another I can't be a cashier again. Not sure if they have another job I can fill so I guess I need to start looking for another job now instead of waiting to see if I have another mistake. I'm so careful I just don't understand how this is happening and they waited 5 days to let me know so I can't remember what was going on last Friday that might have distracted me enough to make a mistake. So because of the mistake I am being put on night shift 2pm to 8pm Mon thru Thurs. which I am not thrilled with. It's a slower shift which I do like but being out at dark driving is not cool. Dh and I talked about it, knee jerk reaction was to just give notice but with our bills, we don't really have much left over right now to feel comfortable so will start soon putting in apps. to places closer to home. I'm really sad about it as I love working there but the not being able to count my drawer at the end of the shift and knowing right away if it's off is not cool with me.

I work tomorrow 12 to 4pm, dh's has the doc appt. in the morning.

Joann

Yes, I am sure that is why so many pets end up in the shelter, people have no patience for these little mistakes.

Connie.. Happy Birthday late.

I need to go get dh's wraps in the dryer.. take care all.

Oh Butterfly.. sure hope you aren't away from the computer that long.. we would really miss you on here.

Anna
Old 01-22-2015, 07:01 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Butterfly. Well wishes.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:01 PM

Miss MoneyPenny

Thanks.. Maddy is a lovely young lady.

Anna
Old 01-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

Roberta what a pain when salesmen act like that.
Dinner was yummy. I make the cauliflower potato salad. It is really good! Drain the cauliflower very well after cooking it. The cupcakes were yummy. I am not a big ice cream fan so no ice cream. I got books and a new set of cards, Trust Your Vibes. I am a closet card reader. Lol I was getting comfortable reading for others when all the stuff happened with our business. I am so excited to use them. I do not trust myself anymore. We watched The Paradise. I donít recommend it unless you like cookie cutter shows.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Happy Birthday Connie, glad you enjoyed your day.

Anna, sorry to hear about what happened at work, bummer.

Chris, prayers for your mom and brother.

JoAnne, sorry your dh's bus driving is coming to an end, sad.

Norma, my mil is like that, I once watched her go over and re button a blouse on a manikin in a thrift store that wasn't buttoned correctly, lol.

Quite the week here. On Monday morning dd2 called and said she had been suspecting her 6yo son might be diabetic. Even though it was MLK day she called the doctors office and they were open and got him in. When they tested his blood glucose it was so high it wouldn't even register on the meter. The doctor ended up personally walking him across the street to the hospital ER. He was transferred to the pediatric unit at a hospital in the city and put in the pediatric ICU. He was just released today. So far he seems to be doing okay with all the new things, finger pokes, insulin injections, etc. He's been put on independent study at school, I don't know when he will get to go back. One good thing a little girl in kindergarten was recently diagnosed type 1 also and all the school staff was trained about this and there is a nurse on staff that can give him his lunch time insulin injection.

A week ago Monday I took my truck to the mechanic because the check engine light came on. Dd2 had it scanned at a local auto parts store so we knew what wa going on, a sensor. This mechanic is usually very good but often slow. I figured I would have my truck back by Friday. On Friday afternoon I called and the girl said he would call me back before they closed. He never did. By Yesterday still no call so I called them. Told them I would be there at the end of the day to get it no matter if they were done or not, 10 days with no communication was too much. So at 4pm they called and asked if they could keep it until this morning and it would be done, I agreed. So of course no call until 4:45pm. My ds1 took me to get it and the mechanic came out and apologized and told me how hard it was to fix, all he had done, blah, blah, blah. Paid the $704 bill, I live 14 miles away and didn't even get home and the check engine light was back on. He told me they drove it quite a bit and the light never came back on. Ridiculous. My kids are all coming over Sunday, will talk to the boys about what to do next.

Jacki
Old 01-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi girls, wanted to say hi before it gets any later.

Anna, sorry about things at work. It is strange they waited so long to tell you. I remember long ago when I was working they counted the till after work and let you know right then and there if it was wrong. I hope the job can still work out.

Connie, Happy Birthday. I hope you are blessed with many more to come. I love cupcakes.

Chris, I meant to tell you I am sorry about your brother and mom and sure hope they both will be okay.

JoAnne, did you catch tonight's Parenthood? I cried and thought it was a real tear jerker. I am looking forward to the finale but hate to see it go off. Its my kind of show.

Cau, sorry about your dh's numbers and I hope they improve soon.

Liz, thanks for checking in. I hope you are able to find a home to rent soon that you love. Just come back when you can.

Cheryl, your supper sounded yummy.

I mean to respond to different things and then so many times I forget when I start posting until its too late. Got out of the house today and went shopping at a few stores and was worn out. I went back to Ollie's and I guess my frugal was using a 15% coupon off my total order. Also found hb at the grocery store for 3.99 a pound. I ask my dh if he ever thought I would be acting so happy over finding it at that price. I am hoping to soon make some meatballs so that's why I got it. We are supposed to be in for some more colder weather maybe with snow here soon. This winter break the last few days have been nice. Well everyone have a good night and take care.
Jean
Old 01-23-2015, 04:16 AM

Good morning all!!

Jean, yes, getting excited about $3.99 hb is something none of us thought about years ago.

Connie sounds like you got gifts that you will use.

Jacki, I am sorry to hear about your dgs. Hopefully they will get it under control quickly. Everyone in the family will need some education too.

I would appeal the cost of that stay for the car to the owner. I know how disappointed I was last spring when they were trying to get the parts for my car's ac, took way longer than I thought it should.

I had a car that was under warranty that the check engine light was always coming on. I would have it in, they would say it was fixed, I would pick it up, the light would come on about a block from the dealership, and here we go again. It was a Fix-Or-Repair-Daily car. Yes, a Ford. Oh what fun.

Anna, sorry that you think you might need to find a different job, again. I don't think they are doing the register right either, and hope you can resolve the situation, as I know you like working there, and the discounts.

Hope all is well at your dh's dr.'s appt.

Hi JoAnne!

I made the stuffed potatoes last night after dinner. I grabbed a handful of sliced mushroom and cut them down a little, put them in the bottom of the cleaned out potatoes, then put the same jalapeno popper stuffing mix that I used earlier in the zucchini. I am taking these for lunch today. Anyway I had potato "innerds" and a few pieces of mushrooms that I had chopped left over. I put some garlic powder and onion powder on them, put them in the oven with the stuffed potatoes. I used that mixture in my omelet this morning, and it is really good.

What I like best - no oil. I was going to fry the potatoes and those mushrooms, but decided to bake them instead. This morning I used that ramen noodle cooker I bought for the omelet (this rectangle omelet), and it has an interior that you just don't need oil. Cuts just that tiniest of quirts of oil, for frying, out of my diet for the day. It is a hair breath's of frugal, and that little bit of better health that I just gave myself. And all those little bits are what add up to a healthier lifestyle.

I printed a few coupons last night. I made sure to get the $1 off any Carefree product. Means more free pantiliners. I know I have 2 full containers of them, but they are something I use every day, and will continue to use everyday.

Elwood called last night. He still doesn't know the number of people in the class for tomorrow. I will volunteer to go get the manikins and whatever else we need for tomorrow if he wants, I will certainly be closer to the training center, unless he is there today.

Also, his wife is home from the hospital and in a lot of pain. She is on oxycodone but is still feeling it.

My gf was still in the hospital yesterday morning, and I didn't get a message yet that she went home yesterday.

Better go for now. I need to get ready for work, and make sure I take an apple to eat on the way to the plumbing class. Don't think I will be on this evening.

Take care all!! Norma

Old 01-23-2015, 06:06 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning everyone.

NORMA - what a busy weekend for you. I am sure you will be in your element though.
The potatoes (both ways) sound good.

JACKI - hope they get it all figured out with your dgs. Wow, 6 is so young to be diabetic.
Sounds like the shop really took you on the truck. My check engine light has been on for 3 years. Meter shows nothing wrong, computer just needs reset. So instead of spending a huge amount of money, we have a piece of electrical tape over it!

ANNA - it only seems right to let the cashier count out their drawer at end of shift. Never heard of a place that didn't. That's crazy.
You got by before you were working, so you could do it again. But rules are rules, and apply to all, so don't give up just because of this.

Hope you all have a good day.

WORD:
Today is the oldest you have ever been, YET the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of your day.

Closed Thread