Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Norma, I didn't think I posted the size of the new TV. The 32# is the old one.
glad you had a nice evening with the little family. Happy Belated Birthday to Amanda! Isn't daycare wonderful I hope Kyler gets over his cold fast.

Roberta, Sorry the kids were so trying last night, May will be here before you know it. Good going on scoring more coke points!

I do have a family member that may be able to use it just need to check.

Everyone have a good day!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning

ROBERTA - kids sure can be a hand full, can't they?
Good going on the extra points

NORMA - those people better hurry with color choices. Do they want items for Christmas?????

LAURIES - good going on TV!!!! Stay safe.

LIZ - good thoughts to you! How is the house hunt and selling going? Did yours sell yet?

It appears that we may actually see SUN today!!!!!
So much to do in the next few days.

Take care and have a good one.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

hi all,

My dd had a drs. appt. yesterday, and he sent her to the hospital for an x-ray on her ankle, so we are waiting for a phone call from her, but I really do think that she has broken one of those small bones. Actually, having a break is easier than a sprain for healing. It is her right foot, and of course she does a lot of driving, so that will be kind of difficult, but she is very gutsy and a determined gal, so she will be okay.

Starting to get some beautiful Christmas cards in the mail, even one from England, Liz, from my friend in E,Sussex.

Connie, sounds like so much fun dressing up in the costumes. I, of course, have never seen this movie, but apparently the little kids really love it. I'm sure you will be a neat Elsa.

I have a friend from way back when, and she calls myself and a few others once a year at Christmas, so she called yesterday. She is a lovely person, who at one time was the girlfriend of my bil, but she married the Church's assistant pastor, and she was the daughter of our Minister. The marriage lasted 20 years, and we all were shocked when they split up, but he had wandering "eyes".
Laurie, enjoy the new tv. We are doing the same, waiting for ours to give up the ghost, it is 20", but the old style, not flat screen. Actually, I have a new one in my bedroom, that is flat screen, but 17", which is good for the bedroom.
Roberta, I did lots of things with CGIT...Canadian Girls in Training. to become the best persons that they could,.for many, many years, becoming a superintendent for the area+, which was a real accomplishment. There were some days when I wanted to wring their necks too, but then something so thoughtful and nice would happen and I would carry on, mostly for my dd, but for myself as well.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma, so glad you finally got to go to Ellwood's house and enjoy dinner and time with them. Kyler sounds like a going concern.

Cheryl, the fact that you started to shop early for Christmas gifts, and getting the baskets all together, is sure paying off for you. I have bought 3 gifts so far, and a book for dh for now.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Assistant Moderator

If you haven't seen the movie Frozen, you have too! It is so good. Not a typical Disney movie at all.

I have been emailing a family member. A child in my family has been hurt and is in the hospital. She was badly burned. I did offer to help today, with the different things I do. We will see.

Poor Kyler. Colds can be the worst. Are they doing anything to strengthen his immune system?
Old 12-11-2014, 03:15 PM

Good evening all!!

Cheryl, glad you got sun, we got snow, and something else wet, because there was a layer of bumpy ice on my windshields when I went to start the car tonight. Took a total of 20 minutes to get it all off, and get the car warmed up. Nasty, for sure. The roads are ok, but they will freeze tonight for sure. There is a light coating of snow on the grass.

Not going back out to the library tonight. I came home, got the one movie I had to go back, and headed right out to trade it in, and get the 3 they had for me. Kept the car running to continue to melt anything not already melted to chipped away.

Of course, the scarfs are wanted for Christmas. That is the way it is, always waiting until the last minute. I come through, but sometimes have to push myself really hard.

Connie, I liked the Frozen movie, borrowed from the library this summer. But not enough to buy it. I am enjoying the characters on Once Upon A Time. Keep waiting for Olaf to show up.

JoAnn, Kyler will be fine. Not having been in daycare until just the past couple of weeks, he has had no exposure to the germs the other kids are passing around. He has been sheltered. But with her neck surgery, my sister can't watch him anymore, so it was daycare or mommy can't take college classes.

I really hope your dd's ankle will be fine. they do so well with casting, and even those neoprene sleeves, and braces that help us get around so much better.

Liz, postage keeps going up and up here too.

Work was again tiring. A little less stressful though. Glad tomorrow is Friday. Hopefully I can sleep in on Saturday, and then just piddle around for awhile. I need to use those 2 coupons for JC Penney and Lane Bryant and not lose that free money.

Better go for now. Today is a totally "fowl" day - eggs for breakfast, turkey salad for lunch and chicken for dinner.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

JOANNE - I got my first 2 cards today too.
I have never seen the movie Frozen either, and to be honest have no desire - I am sick of seeing everything about it! LOL

NORMA - wow, nothing like those people waiting till the last minute! You shouldn't have to rush during the season, just because they are slow.
Sorry you are getting such nasty weather! Stay safe!!!!!

The weather wasn't too bad here today.
I did get a couple odds and ends done today, but it was a very aggravating day. Doc was supposed to be here, so couldn't leave or get to into things. Well, he didn't show - called at 4:15PM to reschedule! Really????? Such a wasted day.

Watching Extreme Cheapskates Christmas Edition. OMG - some of these people are nuts. I like to stretch a buck, but I have my limits - those people DON'T!! LOL

Have a nice evening.
STAY SAFE EVERYONE
Old 12-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Just stopping by for a minute to say hi. We are waiting for this big storm to hit us but so far at 7:30pm nothing but a breeze. They keep saying to expect hurricane force winds and lots of rain, we'll see. I do see N. Ca is getting it.

Went to my 13 yo dgs's first basketball game of the season this afternoon, always enjoyable. I took both my dd's one dsil and one dgd to breakfast yesterday, trying to get out and do things more.

Saturday dd2 and I are supposed to do our monthly shopping trip in the city, weather dependent.

Jacki
Old 12-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Nine Year Member

Morning all,

Late getting going today as up a lot in the night as high winds and heavy rain.

Jacki, i hope the weather does not become too bad where you are. Do you know if Santa Rosa is experiencing the bad weather? I have relatives living there.

It must have been nice to watch your grandson play basketball. I remember once many, many years ago watch the Harlem Globetrotters when they visited the UK.

Cheryl, we are still in our current home, we still have buyers and fingers crossed we aim to be moving out by the end of January. As yet, we have not seen anything we wish to buy so we will probably go into rented accommodation. If need be, hubby will move in with his mum and I will stay with my sister.

Joann, east sussex is a beautiful county. It is about a couple of hours drive from where I am.

Connie, Oh my about the poor little one with bad burn injuries. Have you heard anymore? Praying for the little one.

Roberta, how are you feeling today?

Norma, i hope you have a quieter day today. Kyler sounds such a dear little fellow.

Very quiet here. I am feeling a little brighter so will make an attempt to hoover and get the house ready for xmas decorating this sunday. I also need to do a final check that I have accounted for everyones xmas presents, I always fear that I will have left someone out. Once I have the childrens presents done I relax.

Must get on, just had the electricity man come to read the meter and I am still in my nightie.

Take care all.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:38 AM

Good Morning Everyone

I haven't been on in couple days work has been very busy come home make dinner, watch some movies and in bed so hopefully can get caught up on here this weekend.

I worked extra hours day before yesterday.

Next week they cut my hours again so down to 21 from my usual 28 not happy about that but they are accomodating another employee with more seniority who wanted extra hours before she transfers to another store in Jan. We have 3 cashiers quitting the first of the year, 2 on day shift, 1 on evening shift so not sure if they'll hire more or give us extra hours. Jan and Feb are slow months.

Off for now to make my lunch.

Anna

Closed Thread