Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Cheryl adding Glenn to my daily prayer list. Sounds likje you both handle it very well

Mandie May got into the computer/craft room last night & dumped all my ornaments. U nfortunately I had just put glue & then sparkles on it a few hours eariler. They stuck to the carpet & are ruined. I'm mad at me for forgetting to close the door. Sorry being paged to help with tree

Old 11-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I went to the local Christmas parade yesterday. Dd2 and 2 dgd's were all in it. Only money spent while out was on a newspaper and gas to fill up the car. Down to $3.14 a gallon here, I know a lot of you are lower but for CA we are thinking this is great. Oh I'm wrong I just remembered I spent money to mail out a requested book to a Paperback Swap Club member. I have 5 credits now and 6 when that book arrives. I read mostly online now so will order some kids books for the dgk's.

I had Thanksgiving at dd2's house, I took the turkey, ham and gravy, some muffins and watermelon. I left all leftovers at their house. Wish now I'd brought home some white turkey meat for a sandwich. Norma I like the dark turkey meat for dinner right out of the oven with mashed potatoes and gravy but prefer the white for sandwiches. If the turkey thighs are small how about cooking a whole turkey and giving the breast meat to Amanda. Maybe you could even split the cost of the turkey.

Cheryl, I will certainly be praying for Glen, hope it was just one bad day.

Just wanted to check in ladies.

Jacki
Old 11-30-2014, 01:26 PM

Thanks LaurieS

I exchanged items back then through the Free Barter/Trade forum I must have sent her my ladybug timer. I can't remember who it was that I sent the pizzelle tong to in Canada?? It wasn't a electric maker but a long metal thing with attachments on the end never did know how to use it.

Cheryl

I'm a little late but will pray for Glen too.

Roberta...

I don't know that I have the arm and hand strength to cut up the carper but will drag the furniture around myself and pray I don't pull my back out. Dh has put it off and put it off and now he goes back to work tomorrow and says he is tired. I think it's just "lethargy" from being in the house for 4 days without any fresh air. Anyways.. you pick your battles, I'll just do it on my own tomorrow. Use to be I could call on Mattie but now with her being pregnant can't have her lifting furniture, not sure if Jessie will be home or not. She spends all her free time with Neal who moved to another city. I miss him a lot and can't believe Melissa moved another guy in so quickly. I'm glad that she is happy but after knowing them since they were newly weds it just makes me sad.

Anna
Old 11-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Assistant Moderator

The floor is almost done. I smashed my finger, and I hurt but it is so worth it. Hubs insisted that we redo the trim too. Might as well with the room tore up. For the love of pete always remove carpet before putting in walls! The previous owners quick fixes take a while to fix.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

NORMA - Those gals rock!!!!!!! WOW on only $34!!!!!!!! What a blessing they were for the pantry.
It always comes back around.

CAU - oh no on the ornaments! So sorry.

ANNA - never too late. Thanks.
I managed to get all the hall and l/r & d/r carpet out several years back by myself. I just cut sections, rolled and removed. Tack strips came up pretty easy. So glad I did, love the hardwood floors.

Thank you all. Glen is just going to take it easy for a couple more days, before trying again. He decided to go fluid diet for a while - for reasons you can imagine! This happened a few years back - and it took a while to get back.

I did run to Kroger and got some of those protein shakes for him. I always look at clearance while there, and a clerk said look here! In frozen end cap, she had s/f popsicles for .50 box and 1/2 gal. Bryers ice cream $1. I got popsicles and dreamsicle ice cream. What a deal. She said tomorrow was inventory and she didn't want to count it! LOL

Just doodling around the house. It's been in 60's, but windy. Cold front coming in tonight.
Did a bit more decorating, and I think I am done. Keeping it simple this year.
Girls next door put up a bunch of lights outside, just where I can enjoy sitting on the couch and looking!

Have a nice night everyone and thank you all again. Every prayer helps.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Just being lazy here today. Did run to Fred Meyer(Kroger owned) to get printer ink. They had a sale 10% off so got 3 colors I use most. Then I remembered to get a watch battery, I have forgotten for 5 days now every time I go to the store, 2 new couch pillows, my kind of bread I keep forgetting, coffee and a couple of Free items before they came off my saver card.

Anna, can't you use a utility knife to cut the carpet in sections starting with the bad part? And if you need to move furniture go slow with it so you don't hurt yourself.

Yesterday I hung a couple of things DH can't do.
I want to put my tree up but would like to do it when no one is here. Maybe Tuesday, it's a me time thing.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh Cheryl, I know how difficult it can be to handle MD, we saw it daily with our cousins. They had their two MD children first, and were brave enough to have two more, who had no sign of it. Isn't there one called Duschane? I remember when Jerry Lewis used to do the marathon, there was a gentleman there with Duschane MD, and he was a pilot and a very successful one. It humbles all of us who have to manage some health problems, knowing there are others doing more than anyone should have to, just for the daily routine/life.

Honestly, I am feeling my age today, we have put up the Christmas tree, and it has always been my job to decorate it. After about 4 hours, I still don' have it done, and will try to continue tomorrow. Dh is a help getting out the decorations from the storage locker, and as I have said, I prefer things to be just plain and only certain things out, and he likes EVERYTHING we have owned re: Christmas, LOL

I am getting that darn error message again...Anna, it isays your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded. Please reload your window. Well, I haven't finished up yet, but maybe I had better go
Old 11-30-2014, 06:39 PM

Laurie and Cheryl..

I don't know why but I don't seem to have strength in my right hand, it twist pretty easy (strains easy) and I've tried using the box cutter for cardboard boxes at work and can't cut for crap. It's easier to just scoot the furniture across the floor and roll the carpet up and out. It's just laid carpet not tacked down. I got it for Cocoa when she was sliding across the floor, will have to use those outdoor utility rugs where that carpet is at.

Cheryl.. I sure hope Glenn gets to feeling better soon. I don't know much about what he has, very interesting about the genetic history of it with his family.

David goes back to work in the morning... I am going to try to get my truck in to the service repair tomorrow if they have a opening otherwise it'll be on Thursday which is my next scheduled day off.

Connie

Sounds like a good project you all are doing but sure hope you don't have to empty the waterbed again, that takes a lot of time and a lot of water.. ouch on the water bill.

Joann

I have never seen that message before but will copy part of you post to the tech support area and see what they make of it.

Anna
Old 11-30-2014, 06:46 PM

Thread Closed

December 2014 What Did You Do Frugal Today thread is now open:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/w...er-2014-a.html

Anna

Closed Thread