Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi girls, sounds like several of us are getting or will be getting the bad weather. Right now we have rain but are supposed to get snow either this evening or overnight I think. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 27. Hope to stay home today and eat from what we have on hand. I didn't sleep at all last night and tried to nap a little this morning but am really not expecting to get much done today. Maybe I can sleep a little later on today. Just wanted to check in and I hope you all are blessed to stay warm and safe. Take care and I will talk to you later.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma I just read they are canceling Once Upon A Time in Wonderland. It is great to hear Kyler is doing so well

JoAnne sorry I missed your dh’s birthday I hope it was grand

Cheryl no snow sticking here, lots of flurries & cold. It got down to 15 last night.

Doing the usual stuff here too. I balanced the checkbook, I find it so much easier now that I can do it online. I did my big shop at GFS last week & this week turkeys are $7 cents a lb. with $25. Spent. Not too sure if I need enough so will go to Jewel for 49 cents & get my bread cubes too. Not much else going on here chicken & rice for dinner

Old 11-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member

OH there is always so much to catch up on when I am not online for the weekend!

Jean, not getting a full nights sleep seems to be rampant these days. Is it our age group? Our modern living? Or did our grandparents suffer also?

Kathy, I always forget how handy hard boiled eggs are to have around the house, thanks for the reminder!

Norma, that show does look interesting but I only watched bits and pieces of it. Lately I’ve been intrigued by the Hunger Games, was able to watch it on my daughter’s Netflix and the next sequel is coming out this weekend. Will have to wait a year to watch that one on tv also. I meant to say awhile back, glad Kyler and sis are okay. (bet I got that mixed up didn’t I?)

Anna, those colors that ILTY carries on the website are terrific. I liked Morningstar, Sagey, and Cloudy Sea. What colors did you get?

Joanne, only dh here is the turkey lover…glad we got a small one this year. The markets used to carry a ‘hotel breast’, white meat with the wings to prop it up in the pan but I haven’t seen them lately.

Cheryl, and others getting the weather front in solid form, be careful with that ice! I know how industrious you all will be out and about the yard with the kitty cats and other pets.

Connie, I am glad the door curtain worked for you. I need to put another one on our front door for the winter. We have three doors in the entryway (front, garage, and in the back hallway out to the backyard – that one already has a white shower curtain on it with a wreath).

I had a great weekend…on Friday night and Saturday morning I read two books.

Saturday morning we got a call from best friends to fill in for family members who got sick, to help them eat their pot roast dinner at 2 pm. Wow, it was such a good time and dh loved it also. That night we shopped for slacks for me and a bunch of other stuff for them. I got two pairs that fit as poorly as all the others I have (I really should just buy for a pregnant woman considering my belly and lack of hips), but the bonus buy were four of those pull over stretchy bras for half price. I wear them under nightgowns and loungewear in the house and so comfortable after years of underwires (which after the cancer surgery reductions I really don’t need anymore).

On Sunday I attended a knitting class on the linen stitch, so much easier than the tortured scarf I am also working on, so I think the kids are getting linen stitch scarves this winter, soft and light. Only 38 days, now its 37 til Christmas.

We’ll get our cold and blustery tonight. Already the temps are dropping outside. My one neighbor got a new car (Dodge Charger 2014) so I had a luxury ride to work this morning instead of the bash me up (BMU) bus I usually take.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Monday all!

I did some candy making over the weekend. It went into the freezer to be divvied up into containers for the cookie/candy exchange with my girlfriends December 7. Paul and I are going to Arizona for the week of Thanksgiving to visit his parents, so I will do the rest when we get back.

We have snow and cold here too. I think winter is taking up residence early this year!

All for now--have a great week, everyone!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:09 PM

Chris

Good going on the candy making.

Cheryl..

We got very heavy snow this morning, quite wicked driving in to work but it's better this evening our snow trucks did a good job of clearing it out. Supposed to be even colder tomorrow very glad that I don't have to work tomorrow.

Got a follow up call from the doctor's office just now... he did a even more thorough blood test than my old doctor did and yes, the iron is very low but his nurse said it's really quite common in women my age and the iron supplement usually does the job.

My sugar numbers are down.. Yay!! 7.2 from 7.5 so going down in the right direction. So staying on the Janumet for now.

Well dh wants the computer so off for now.

Anna
Old 11-17-2014, 03:10 PM

Good evening all!!

Ellen, you got Kyler and my sister and the surgeries just right.

Glad you were chosen to "fill in" for guests who couldn't make the meal. Sounds lovely.

You need to go clothes shopping with me, and my fat, and you will feel good about the clothes you pick out and how they look on you. I love pull on pants to begin with, so that is not an issue with me, and after my ovarian cyst was removed (poorly, he cut my stomach with a smiley and didn't put it back quite right), my belly droops too. And I can't seem to "pick it up". He didn't line up the muscles quite right, so I couldn't get back to a tight fit no matter how much I exercised. It is what it is! I look the best I can, and feel good about myself in many other areas.

Cheryl, it is still raining here, and the temps are at 59* right now, expecting to drop to 28* overnight, with windchills in the teens. Only expected to hit 35* tomorrow.

Colleen, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was not the same, and I didn't like the characters, so I stopped after a few shows first season.

Speaking of Kyler, he ripped off his bandage, and has pulled out all but one stitch. The hospital told them it may still hold. Elwood is taking tomorrow and Thursday off from work to be home with him while Amanda has her college labs.

Jean, just stay warm, and don't worry about the bill, it will get paid somehow. Warm is more important than worry.

Chris, how exciting to go to AZ for Thanksgiving. What kind/kinds of candy did you make? I want to do something with the mini pretzels and chocolate this year.

Anna, good and not quite so good news from the doctor. You can survive the iron pills. If you need to, also do miralax or benefiber to keep yourself from getting constipated, it is a definite side effect of iron.

Yay on your sugar numbers. Keep doing what you are currently doing, and they should continue to slip down the scale a little at a time.

We got to work today, to learn that one of our co-workers had a heart attack Friday night into Saturday, and died in bed. It has been a bear of a day. More than likely she will be buried in New York State somewhere, so we won't even be able to be at a service for her. Linda was just below or above 70. She started at Douglass two weeks after I did, so I have known her for a long time. We are very sad at her passing, in shock mostly.

Did I tell you all they arrested the BF of the woman and child who were murdered last week? Well, the family belongs to Alice's church and she said all the family was in church yesterday. My friend Donna is the sil, and a church friend flew Donna's son in from missionary work in Africa, and the Coast Guard saw to it that Donna's other son got home too. Alice's women's fellowship does the service one Sunday a month, and this was that Sunday, and she said it was a tough service. The funeral is scheduled for this coming Saturday.

Alright, that is all the bad news I have for today.

On a better note, Elwood came and took the 2 bags of cement out of my car and put them in the garage after work this afternoon. I didn't want them to get wet in my trunk this winter and have a not-so-nice lump in there come spring.

Well better go for now. I need to get a shower, get some dinner (chicken legs, zucchini and potato salad), do dishes, make tea, maybe make ice cubes (indoors!!), and then be able to settle down with a hook and Sleepy Hollow.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 11-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

JEAN - Hi. Hope you get some rest.

CAU - stay warm.

ELLEN - yes, I went out several times to feed the kitties and to de-ice the doors on greenhouse. Got the ice melt down and it worked.
Sounds like a really fun weekend.

CHRIS - it will be a warm T-day for you!

ANNA - good on sugar level.

NORMA - owy on Kyler. So sorry about your co-worker. You just never know.
I feel so sorry about your df's family.

Our step dn and her mom came into town today and stopped by. She picked up the books and pop tabs I had for her, for her senior project.

Just been doing housework and odds and ends.
All meals from what we have here. Chicken breast, asparagus, and mac n cheese for dinner.

It is soooooo cold out. The wind has been fierce and it is just bone chilling out. Had hard snow showers off and on. Tonight like 7* - high tomorrow 20* Brrrrrrr - anybody else ready for SPRING?????

Hope everyone stays safe and warm. God bless.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Nope, not me Cheryl, not ready for spring. You gals back east are just getting into your bad weather season and here I am just getting into my good weather season, no more 90 and 100 deg. temps. It was in the upper 60's and sunny today. I went outside and wrapped some pipes for winter and then sat on the porch this morning. By afternoon the wind came up and made it too chilly to be out.

Yesterday dd2, 6yo dgs and I went to the city to shop. They had to stop by this afternoon and get a couple things that accidentally came home in my ice chest and return a few of mine that got into their house during the unpacking yesterday.

Just saw a headline (didn't read article) about a chocolate shortage, oh no, I'll never survive. better get out there like the squirrels and start stocking up.

Okay just wanted to check in, going to watch the 5pm news now and see what's going on and what the weather will be this week.

Jacki
Old 11-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Nine Year Member

I had a Raindrop Therapy back & foot rub (Massage) today through a friend working on getting her time in before she sits for her state boards. Supposedly the oils used promote good health.

DD1 had her Nutcracker ballet performance tonight. I had some issues recording it, thought I had paused it but I was stopping it so the performance is in 4 recordings.

Roberta
Old 11-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma,I get my rest but maybe 6 hours of sleep I tend to make up the time during my mandotory nap.
Roberta,The nutcracker perfomance sounds wonderful.
Jean,Glad you checked in.
Anna,We do the same thing we hang on to way too much stuff. I have bags of clothes to be donated but going to wait until next week as the amount is a big one.Hard to say no to something when it is a good deal or free.
Frugal for me? Today i went to work and told my boss about a product that needed to be put out. So he finally had me do the display. On the way out my co worker had some baked goods to eat.(Who am I to say no to a free treat?) So I looked at the paper as well. I got to college worked on my speech some. I made it back home and had my lunch. I was home for most of the day as I had to pick up Sarah my youngest. Megan needs money for an honors band compettion but not feeling all that well. Thank Goodness for Zumba as dh and everyone was getting on my nerves. Doesn't help that he was being grumpy and he expects the kids activities to be the same as his. It has been almost 30 years since he was in high school. I did get a medical bill paid over the phone so that saved me a stamp and now waiting to get a test done for Megan for her clinicals. I tell you the fun never stops here and good thing the squirrel hasn't been back to my yard.
Ann/Mish

Closed Thread