Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

LAURIES - our first freeze was Halloween night, so had to bring in my pumpkins, so they wouldn't freeze.

NORMA - glad you got the badge and are ready to make extra money!!!!
Glad you had an easy day.

CONNIE - hope you sell everything!

ELLEN - Norma is right - a nice hot toddy tonight would help a lot.

CAU - my mom did acupuncture years ago for severe pain and it worked wonders.
Has he tried any of the skin rubs?
Old 11-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

Roberta thank you for the link to the coupons. I have them printed out.

Which Colleen's dh is hurt? The ribs? Arnica is awesome.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

my dd is in a conference in Toronto today, she just called to let me know that my dgd who is away at University has a really bad streph throat infection and could hardly lift her head off of her pillow for 2 days, poor thing, it's hard to be away from e1 who loves you when you're sick.
Her other dd is doing a craft show right now until 9:00 at her high school. She is selling her beautiful jewellery that she hand makes, and has improved her things so much over the last year, doing just beautiful . She called her Mom to let her know that at 7:00 she had made $165.00, a great job. She also works part time at Canadian Tire Superstore on the weekends. At 16 now, she is a real enterpreuner (sp)

My oldest ds just messaged me to tell me he has a transfer in his job. Will tell you all at a later date.

|Two of us did the laundry tonight in 2 hours, pretty good time.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Joanne,I am so glad you are having a blast with all your friends and that all of your kids let you know how they are doing. My oldest Katelyn is sick with a cold. She knows what she needs to do.
Connie,Way to go on booking those massages.
Chris,Good seeing you on here.
Frugal for me? I was at work and stayed a little longer since the consignment shop opened up later. I found it but no deals. I came home and started to getting the house cleaned up. I met my girlfriend in town we met at work and then had tea/coffee at Starbucks. I then dragged her to Sally's beauty supply store and she is going to dye her own hair. We got glitter to put on our own skin as she was pretty upset and I was trying to cheer her up. I even took some pictures of her and she was laughing. I then stopped at Aldi and did my shopping with no list but thinking i got everything. Megan is at the school for the play tonight. I am home after my Zumba class. I am stumped with this last speech. Have a great night.
Ann/Mish
Old 11-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

At the beginning of the week it felt like I was getting a cold so I started taking the Zicam rapid melts. Either that stuff really works or it was a very mild cold as I haven't felt bad at all and I seem to be over it tonight. I do take a multi vitamin daily plus additional vit c.

Last night all of a sudden I had no water. Called ds2 this morning, he was able to come this afternoon. Replaced a switch on pressure tank which I thought was the problem, then when he turned it back on it blew a water line. Ended up calling a guy at the end of the road who was dh's supervisor at the water company. He gladly came down and spent over an hour helping ds. Said to call him anytime I needed help and he would be right down. He and his wife are both the nicest people, I miss seeing them at the company events.

Ds was also able to get on the roof and close up my cooler for the year. Since it uses water it has to be drained and covered. Was so grateful for him today.

Found out a little bit of news, one of dh's former co workers that got married about 7 years ago I think, he and his wife finally were able to have a baby boy 6 weeks ago after years of trying and 5 miscarriages. I'm sure they are feeling very blessed right now. I'm so happy for them.

Frugal was paying ds to help today instead of a professional that would have cost many times more plus getting the free help from the friend. Will drop off some beer at his house soon as repayment. He expects nothing but I know what he likes. I offered to pet sit or feed pets when they go on vacation in return, I hope he will take me up on it sometime, they are about 2 blocks down the dirt road.

Have a birthday party Saturday for oldest dgs, he will be 13! I remember the day of his birth well, dad was not home so I took dd1 to hospital, he got there in plenty of time. The whole time in labor she was telling me she couldn't do this and to take her home, lol, too late now kid. I was shocked that she did have a second one, took her 5 years though.

Jacki
Old 11-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Nine Year Member

Organic crockpot freezer meals based on shopping at Aldi
Six crockpot freezer meals from Aldi in 40 minutes - New Leaf Wellness

If you do Coke Rewards they are doing a 48 hr Flash sale..... now down to 24 hr. Through Saturday you can redeem 30 pts for a FREE 12 pk Coke coupon, one per account. So happens tonight I brought home 20 caps that I got from the trash cans after the quarter auction so I was able to enter 10 for 30 pts on mine and dd1's account.

Roberta
Old 11-07-2014, 02:53 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy Birthday Kathy!!!

Be back later ladies...........Busy day..........

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-07-2014, 03:32 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!

Hope your family makes it wonderful!

Good luck with the move too!! Norma
Old 11-07-2014, 03:53 AM

Good morning all!!

Roberta, sounds like a great deal on the coke points.

Jacki, it is nice to be able to call on family and friends when something isn't working properly. Glad it wasn't an expensive fix.

Kids grow up more quickly than we think they should. Enjoy the party.

Ann, how wonderful to help a friend in a funky mood to feel better. Encouragement is a skill and obviously one you have.

We can't always find things at the consignment/thrift stores. I know I go in and just look. Sometimes I come out with bags, and sometimes not a thing.

JoAnne, good timing on the laundry.

Sorry to hear that one of your dgd's is under the weather. Hope she is getting some treatment at her college/university.

Way to go for the other one who seems to be making money hand over fist. Good for her. I can tell she is a real go-getter and will do extraordinary things in her lifetime.

Cheryl, thanks, one step at a time. I am so ready.

Every little bit will help.

I started putting together things last night for the Bring and Barter at church tomorrow morning. Another morning out the door fairly early - seems I can't catch a break or take a breather in the mornings at all!!

Better go get ready for work. TGIF.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 11-07-2014, 04:11 AM

Joann

I can't remember now what word it was but you made a second post underneath it with the correct word so I just went in and fixed the original post. Oh and yeah on the colonoscopy that would sure be awkward and I wouldn't think doable. I think people think once you turn 50 that it always is over. so Not! LOL! Both my current MD and my Gyn's nurse, neither ask when my last cycle date was this time.

I'm getting ready to head in to work, gonna be a busy day I'll bet. Yesterday was pretty busy when I got there. One poor guy somehow I accidentally charged him for 3 cases of Chocolate Bark, computer grimlin at work. I hit 17 bars of the stuff, it showed only 5 so I tried again, came up with another 5 bars, I said o.k. lets just scan 7 times the last 7 bars. I am so used to big amounts of money I didn't even think twice about the total amount but he walked away and got to thinking and looked at the receipt so we had to credit the money back to his account. He bought something like 12 bags of those mini pretzels. He works for a hospice center in another city and they are making choc. dipped pretzels for the patients and their families, they have volunteers who will do the work. What a nice thing.

Chris.. hope work is better today.

Cheryl. We get our ads on Sunday but they don't take affect till Wed. for Krogers. Ours was listed at 99 cents a lb. will wait and see if it drops lower.

Frugal today is trying to keep my grocery bill at our store at $50 and not higher to get the $5 off coupon. They have a large box of aluminum foil on sale for $13.99 that I want to buy. Our foil is at least twice as heavy as Reynolds Wrap brand heavy duty and it'll last a long time. We use foil a lot in our house so it won't go to waste.

Cheryl.. they are saying we may have snow today. Ick! Polar Vortex strikes again. Cold next week because of it and the weatherman says when it's over we'll send it back to Canada where it belongs LOL!

Better get going..

Kathy.. Happy Birthday.

Anna

Closed Thread