Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Joanne So glad you are doing better today.
Charlotte,Way to go on the free turkey.
Frugal for me?Today i went to work and had to leave at 9:00 am to get my car in the shop. I found the place but it was my first time there. I had to make a phone call to find out what happened to my exteneded warrenity. It was in the car. The car is fixed and that was free plus the 2 recalls on it. Oh and in the lobby they had free popcorn,cookies pies starbucks coffee and tea. Yes I was impressed and I got in and out of there. My main frugal was coming home to wait and have my dryer fixed. That was expenisve but hoping that does the trick. I need to be going as I need to get ready for my speech and try to study as well. It is cool here but Sarah my youngest is outside. Glad that I have my Zumba class tonight.
Ann
Old 10-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

JOANNE - so glad the pessary seems to be in better working order today. Phew INDEED!
Just because "it's the risk they take" doesn't mean momma and poppa have to like it!!
We now have extra security at our Tomb of the Unknown.
This world is just getting flipping nuts!

CAU - I bet those people are in debt up to their eyeballs!!!! I see the same thing here.
Glad you are trying to get back in the swing of things with the pool. Slow and steady!

LAURIES - ELLEN - how much deer meat did you guys end up with?

CONNIE - glad Giz is doing better.

Hello everyone!

I made a feed store run today for the first time in over 6 weeks. Hopefully will last at least a month with colder weather setting in.
Cleaned the corn can out today for the winter. Lined it and re-filled with squirrel goodies.

Just going general cleaning and paperwork.
Meals from what we have here today. Made homemade pizza for dinner.

It is supposed to start getting warmer tomorrow. Maybe 70* again! YAY!

Have a nice evening all.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:59 PM

Good evening all!!

Ann, glad you were able to find that extended warranty on the car. What is your speech on?

Hi Chris!

Colleen, yes, it is amazing that as the economy gets worse, it does seem that more and more people want to evade the truth of their financial situation and keep on spending.

Hope you can get back into the habit of the pool again. I know how good it is for you.

JoAnne, I know what you mean about having a family member in the policing business and worrying.

Glad to hear that you are more comfortable now.

Cheryl, we still have not had a frost yet. But it is getting close.

Roberta, the plan is to talk to Amanda first. We already share a BJ's card, and I am sure that she will go for it. We are on the same page on more than one level.

Well ladies, better go for now. I need to do the dishes and get out the door to the library. I missed a call from them today, but it has to be a book that I asked for as the reason for their call, since they called yesterday to say the dvds were in.

Take care all!! Norm a
Old 10-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Cheryl, I don't know how many lbs on the venison. But I don't care for venison anyway.
Butch is having pepperoni made out of his half.
I wish someone would get an elk.

But we are butchering in about a month anyway so I will be getting some beef.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good evening ladies,

I spent the day babysitting my 22 month old dgd while dd2 went to the city for the Little Feet Repeat sale. They use a store building (out of business) and set up sections for used kids clothes, toys, furniture, etc. If you sell, which both my dd's and ddil's have done in the past you get in early for first pick. Today was the first day open to the public and dd came home with a huge bag of stuff, mostly for dgd. A few things for dgs but by the time they are 6 (especially boys) they are wearing out their clothes and they aren't really resell able. Then when she got home she had to go to dgs' school for parent teacher conferences.

I did have dgs here last weekend to spend the night, boy can he talk your ear off, loves the undivided attention. Thought I might read in bed before sleep while he was playing games on the iPad no such luck, he wanted me to know all about the game step by step.

We've had some lovely fall days lately, no heat or ac and the windows and door open all day, windows open at night still with a fan on, it still got to 80 today but supposed to cool down more after tomorrow.

Had to take my car in for some repairs last week, got it back a week later. I hope that's all the repairs for awhile, wiped out that budget category for the year.

Nothing much exciting going on here, just enjoying the autumn days, my favorite season. Dd2, dgd and I went to breakfast Tuesday when we picked up my car, dmil was there. She is doing fine, been renting and now is buying a house by her one dgd (dh's niece) that lives up here. They have always been close as dh's sister lived at home with dmil and her baby daughter when her marriage split up and dmil practically raised that dgd.

Hope everyone had a lovely day, just wanted to drop by for a minute and let you all know I'm still kicking.

Jacki
Old 10-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Nine Year Member

Did pretty good at the grocery store Had quite a few bogo sales today so loaded up. Meat was very high so made the butcher grind up a roast that was on sale for chop meat. Was very lean and fresh. Bought a lot of fruits & vegetables.

Joanne, I have the pessary for a couple of years with no problems. Go every three months for checkup. More trouble taking it out than putting in.
_______
Sueanne

Old 10-23-2014, 06:32 PM

Cheryl

This all has to do with the Anemia and what might be causing it, not replacing the colonoscopy plan but dealing with the Anemia first, ruling out what it might or might not be causing it. And yes, it is a stool culture they are talking about. This is the first step in dealing with Anemia. This doctor is older and much more experienced than my current doctor who seems to just go by a standard checklist instead of having the experience that comes with dealing with a lot of patients. Dh's doctor is a very popular doctor, booked solid all the time which is why I wasn't sure he'd. take me on with so many clients.

Anna
Old 10-23-2014, 06:33 PM

Roberta

Yes the quilt was a raffle I think it was $5 a ticket and it was through the website, newsletter notice and FB announced.

LaurieS

I don't know who won it.. it will probably be announced in our next newsletter I would think.

2 little old ladies in a nursing home made it as well as the one from last year that made so much money.

Anna
Old 10-23-2014, 06:48 PM

I have been puttering around the house today cleaning I thought in preparation for Dallas coming this weekend but for some reason, he's being a butthead about it when I called and ask his Mom if he'd. be available Sat or Sun afternoon he just said "No" not this is when I can do it or why he couldn't. I called back later and ask his Mom if he was mad at me, she said No. So anyways.. I called Melissa's brother Billy who does all kinds of home repairs and improvements and he's coming over Saturday to fix both sinks. He said he wouldn't charge me his normal charge of $65 a hour.. whew! because of our friendship. I'm on good terms with his long term gf Laura too so all good.

Yesterdays frugal at work is we had reduced for clearance huge blocks of cheese.. Pepper Jack $14 for $5 lbs. White American Cheese $10 for 5 lbs. and the day before Monterey Jack marked down $5 for 2 lbs. probably not super duper savings but savings. I forgot today to get freezer bags, will cut it up, shred some and slice some. We are making subs tomorrow night for dinner.

And speaking of Subs:

I went to a old Italian bakery I had long forgotten about from when I was a kid. Auddino's Italian Bakery. They have 2.. one by the fairgrounds, one in Hilliard that serves food.

I bought real sub buns, fresh baked wheat bread and 1 Cannoli which I love but have to watch the sugar. I shared the Cannoli with dh after dinner.

The loafs of bread were $3 each which I think is a super good price for fresh made bread. I can't remember how much I paid for the sub buns but there is a dozen there so we'll be freezing some for later meals too.

Well gang, I'm off now to go to bed.. tomorrow is another full working day.

Take care and Happy Early Friday.

Anna
Old 10-23-2014, 07:02 PM

Our Main Library

Here is a link to the renovation plans for our main library for next year. I rarely go to it because it's in the middle of downtown and traffic and parking is a bear.

https://blu184.mail.live.com/?tid=cm...g2&fid=flinbox

Anna

Closed Thread