Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning,

Jean, I so agree with all you said about our youth. Pastor at church has preached about the need for prayer for their direction.

Roberta, Your Open House sounds like it will be great. Such a variety of booths.

Cheryl, I feel you on the niece thing. Enough said.

Laura and Norma, You are lucky to be able to have Golden Corral to go to. We don't seem to have anything like that here. The closest we come to that is a place called Sweet Tomatoes but it mostly a salad bar.

I'm considering a table at the church bazaar this year. Going to make the glass block lights.

I know I have missed some but will comment later.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This is quick as the boss is here for now but...

Jean, our lives are mirroring each others. Megan is back home, is barely going to her college classes, running around with those we all know are no good and being 18 I can't stop her. She's turning her back on so much, blames her depression. Yes, I know depression is a serious issue but so is respect for me and her sister. When I have her home long enough to talk to her one on one we're having a very serious talk. I gave her my room when she came back home and she's gone more nights than she's home. She needs to get with it or find another place to live. I think she's daring me to say these things, well, calling her bluff and doing it. I love her, it's killing me inside but she has to do something with her life. If she's old enough to run around and do "what she wants" she's old enough to live to the rules of my house. I pray for you, prayers for me too when I have the talk with her?

Hugs, will be back later.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello to everyone!

Jean and Lisa--
Huge hugs to both of you! It's so frustrating when you love them so much and see them making decisions that aren't the best for them. I will pray for them both and hope that they soon are veering back to a path that you see as better for them.

Anna--
I'm so excited for you for Sugar! She is such a lucky pup to be coming home with you!

Cheryl--
I can hear your frustration about your niece and the pregnancy. Hopefully one day she wakes up. It's tough to see anyone live off the system and not care for their kids the way they should, especially when you know those kids are seeing that as their example. I'll be keeping her and her children in my prayers too.

Not much interesting going on here...just very busy with work and doing all the usual frugal stuff. I'm working on a very short grocery list--it's been a tight month here, so Paul and I are trying to keep costs down. I have to say, it's been a blessing having him work with me, instead of against me. Let's just say that my ex did not do that so much--I often felt like for every penny I saved, my ex spent 5 more. I am so grateful!

Hope everyone is having a good day...we are almost done with the work week!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:49 AM

Good morning all!!

Chris, it is a blessing when you have some help with the budget. It also makes it more of a game to see who can come up with the least expensive solution to a problem.

Laurie, yes the Golden Corral is a good thing. But I also understand there are starting to be warnings out not to eat at the buffets because of a) the enterovirus D68 and b) ebola which seems to be moving out of the infected countries to "everywhere". I think that as long as we keep Kyler out of the public as much as possible (away from other kids who are sick, and away from the malls), he will be ok.

Block lights sound like a good Christmas gift and a good seller at a Christmas Fair/Bazzar.

Have a great day. Norma
Old 10-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Assistant Moderator

I ordered my Rubbed Oil Bronze spray paint from the hardware store. It will be in Tuesday. I don't know why this store doesn't order in some of the spray paint that is populare with the diy'ers. Whatever.
I try not to think about my oldest son. It has been a long road and he still believes the way he does. Moving helped a lot. We are further from him. The only time he speaks to me is when he wants something. It has been over 15 years of his crappy attitude. Honestly most of the time I don't remember I have three kids. It is the only way I can cope.
Frugal is Gregg grew his hair out so he wears a ponytail. I don't care. Saves on haircuts since I can trim up the ends. lol
Lisa I have been in your shoes. Heartbreaking isn't it?
Lisa and Jean praying for both of you.
I don't understand people at all. Guy dh works with woke up couldn't see halfway out of one eye, got a appt with VA but not right away. Went there, could be bad news or very very bad news. MRI in a couple of weeks. He will not get the sight back. Well it has been weeks. I am what the hell were you thinking? I don't understand it.
I was invited to the craft weekend again. It is $$$. If I make things for my etsy store, tax deductible. Plus a weekend of fun. I don't think I will attend or work at the church's fall fair in a couple of weeks. I need some time before I can go back. Get stuff finished with business partner. This will be the first fair I have missed in over two years. My choice.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, You have been through a lot and I think you are making the best decisions for you and your business.
Lisa and Jean,I will be praying for both families,.
Anna, I can tell how exicted you are about getting Sugar!!
Sueanne, Cutting hair does save a lot of money.
Frugal for me? Well the girls wanted grilled chesse sandwiches and I made them up again and ended up using up the hot dog buns. I had to get more bread as that is being used the most. As far as eating out we don;t do that as much maybe 1 time a year and that is for Christmas. I do eat out with one g/f but she lives out of town. So for the most part yes we eat at home and even bring snacks on trips and also when we go to the movies. So for me I am going to help my friend out . I will take my nap and then go to my Zumba class but at least it is in town.
Mish
Old 10-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Assistant Moderator

Mish, one thing I learned is people are drawn to me when they have problems. That doesn't mean I have to get drawn into their drama.

When we ate a lot of bread and rolls, I could buy them at the outlet store. I know the one I bought from closed down. I wonder how many more closed?

Big frugal at the food coop pick up. Met a couple who move 'here'. Not very close to my town but here. Long story, I am selling them all my whole wheat flour. I have about 50 pounds. Jasmine can not digest whole wheat. I will take it to the next pick up. Win win. If I get ahold of them before I head down to the office, they could met me there. It is only about 20 miles. Either way win for both of us. I also met someone who is like me when it comes to food. They are more organic than I am but still.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Even though the temps are above average for this time of year it is still cool enough in the morning to open all the doors and windows and enjoy some cool air which is nice. Also the cooler isn't running nearly as much so my electric bill next time will definitely be lower.

I have also decided to change my cell phone from AT&T to the Walmart plan when my contract ends the beginning of March, this will save me money since most of my internet usage is at home on Wifi so I don't need the large data plan I currently pay for.

Anna, I'll bet you are excited, today is the day Sugar comes home to meet her new family.

Chris, glad Paul is on the same page with frugality as you, sounds like you make an awesome team.

Norma, I meant to ask, when you eat out, does that come out of your grocery budget or a separate category? I've been taking mine out of the grocery budget but I also generally go over that way.

No, the motorcycle hasn't sold yet. The guy did drive up from the city Monday to look at it and seems very interested. Says he has to get a loan through his credit union. He called me Tuesday to tell me he turned in all the paperwork to his CU and the loan officer would be calling me in the next couple days to verify some info. He also told me he is having rotator cuff surgery this next week so will wait and see what happens.

Cau, glad to hear you got the new chair for Art on sale. How was the play? Sounds like a good time. How are you feeling this week?

Lisa, I also send my prayers and thoughts to you and Jean in regards to your children issues at the moment. Even though mine are all grown and out of the house I still have issues with all of them getting along at the same time, drives me nuts.

LaurieS, I've seen those lighted blocks at bazaars, very nice. Hope you sell plenty.

Cheryl, dd2 texted this morning and said she was making an appt. to get her hair cut tomorrow and did I want one too, told her no thanks, been cutting my own recently and it's short enough for now, plus no extra money to spend on that.

Have a great day everyone.

Jacki
Old 10-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member

Hugs to you Lisa and Jean. I know what you are going through and how you feel.
Connie I to this day still like long hair on guys. Guess it is the "hippie" in me. LOL and it does save on haircuts. I know my ds does his own hair and it saves him alot.
My sil cuts his and Max's hair.
Hello to everyone!
Went to my therapy and stopped at the store on the way home. Had some store coupons I wanted to use and I have two sets of them I will use the other set tomorrow.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 10-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

LISA - hugs to you too! Will keep you in my prayers as well.

CONNIE -The guy may not have a choice. If he has to go thru VA - it's a long process. I know people here that it takes months to be seen, regardless of the seriousness of problem. Some have died first.

CHRIS - you hit the lucky jackpot with your man!!!!! So happy for you.

LAURIES - I love those block lights. They are so pretty. Good luck if you do it. Last year I saw some red mason jars with lights in them (and snow man painted on front) at a craft fair - and they wanted $35! I found the jars at Old Time Pottery for 1.99 and a $1 strand of 20 lights. They were gifts for older nieces and nephews.

ELLEN - hope all goes well with interviews today!

Closed Thread