Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:24 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~September 2014

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 08-31-2014, 06:36 PM

Good Evening Everyone

Today was quiet.. went to Krogers got the sauce for the egg rolls so one meal planned for.

Took Cocoa with me so minding that though it was raining it was still humid, I ran in and out of stores within 10 minutes. Got gas saved 70 cents off per gallon with Kroger points.

Work called me at 12:39 I didn't hear the phone ring.. GRR! They had me scheduled tomorrow for 7am, I forgot dh was off work and told them I couldn't come in till 8am. Miscommunication with the managers and they ask if I'd switch with another lady who normally works another job on Mondays and works there in the evening shift. So I didn't get the message till after the store closed so not sure what the heck I'm supposed to do as I couldn't get hold of anyone to let them know I was coming in and didn't want to switch shifts. So I may get stuck working 1pm to 6pm instead of 8am to 2pm that I have scheduled. Dallas is coming over when I'm home to work on the truck so dh may end up having to drive me to and from work.

So not a good evening.

All meals from home so that is frugal.

Anna
Old 08-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Nine Year Member

DD2 was funny this morning I said something about going to church and she told me she wasn't getting in a car with me as I had only 3 hrs of sleep. So I did the dishes carrying 2 tubs of hot water from the bathroom, load of laundry, vacuumed and heated up leftovers for lunch, entered gas surveys on all the accounts before laying down at 1 pm for 3 hrs. We were all up last night having issues sleeping in the heat.

DD1 mixed up a hair mask from items in the house from a site she found supposedly it is to help increase hair growth.

Anna can you call first thing in the morning and tell them you were coming in at 8am?

Roberta
Old 08-31-2014, 07:50 PM

Roberta

Dh, my sister and I talked about it.. I will go in at my regular scheduled time, may call not sure yet. It's a lot them assuming that I am that flexible, that I didn't have plans which I do with Dallas fixing my truck. It would not be convenient for David to drive me to and from work, 28 miles on our vehicle. Yes our SUV has good gas milage but still what they should have done was have Tina call me and ask, if she didn't get hold of me, assume that I am working as scheduled.

Forgot to mention to everyone.. I found out the other day the guy who replaced me at the Catique got fired last week. I didn't get the details on what happened but just had to think "when you are mean to people, it comes back to you". I've seen it happen over and over in my lifetime.

Anna
Old 08-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna, So sorry on the mix up with your job. It is disconcerting that they assume you are always at their beck and call.
Hope you can get your truck worked on.

Norma, You and Amanda got some great deals yesterday.

Garage sales have been slim pickin's here this summer, mostly because it's been so hot all the time nobody wants to go out much. I have hit a few. Went to one with DH, trying to get him into the frugal mode and he found some Sears drill bits for 7.50, he was happy since we were going to have to buy some for a project he's doing.
Dh has been working on getting all the new doors stained, he's got 4 pocket doors and 1 more bedroom door to do.
So we have been hanging out here this weekend, kind of nice since I've been on the run working for 3 weeks straight.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Nine Year Member

Trying to make healthier fruit smoothies for breakfast adding what I have already in the pantry. Found some oatmeal boxes with strawberries & cream that I could use. Was surprised how delicious it tasted nice and cold! Have a variety oatmeal box too. Was filling with it added. Dh is not as adventurous to try something different!
_______
Sueanne

Old 09-01-2014, 02:07 AM
Nine Year Member

subbing at the moment.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-01-2014, 04:24 AM

Good morning all!!

Anna, sorry about the mix-up at work. Hope it works out that you can have the shift you need today.

Laurie, I think we did well. This was one I heard about on the radio going in to work one morning. Right time-right place kinda thing. Amanda and I have quite a bit in common, yard sales, thrift stores, tag and bag sales, saving money, being frugal, cooking meals from home, family first. The more I get to know her, the more I like her.

Sueanne, glad you have found a satisfying breakfast.

I am just not a drink-your-breakfast kind of girl. I like steel cut oats, and sandwiches (breakfast or otherwise), toast, pizza, pb crackers. The sugar in the fruit would mess with my numbers, and make me hungry mid-morning. Being diabetic, I need a mid-morning snack but it is to keep my numbers even, and not to recover from a drop.

Better go for now. I need to get breakfast, get the house vacuumed and make tray of brownies. Need to run to the store for a little cheese also. If it doesn't dry up here, we might be cooking outside, but eating inside. It has stopped pouring, but is still awfully cloudy. Right now it is too wet for Kyler to be running around outside.

Tale care all!! Norma
Old 09-01-2014, 06:18 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning all.
WOW, it's hard to believe it is already September. The summer sure did fly by.

I love the fall, but I really dislike the shorter daylight hours. It really has changed a lot in the past couple weeks.

Have a nice day every one.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Labor Day everyone

Closed Thread