Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Assistant Moderator

Roberta, Jasmine is starting the SSI dance again. How do the people who abuse it get it so easily? Makes no sense at all.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

ROBERTA - that sucks!!!!! Sorry to hear it on SS. YAY - on AC and faucet

CONNIE - good savings

Picked about 4 lbs. tomatoes. Watered everything with rain water.
Kitties all fed.
Made my own version of veggie burgers. They turned out so good. Made 8 burgers about the size of a slice of bread.

We each ate 2 and a small side salad. We were both very full. Have 4 left for another meal. Will definitely make them again.

50 ears ago tonight the Beatles graced Indianapolis with their first concert here. Tickets were $3 and $5 each!!!! WOW
All they wanted in their dressing room was clean towels, comfy chairs, a case of cold Coco-Cola, and if possible a portable TV. So funny, as now entertainers are so dang picky and want everything. They and their troop made a total of $85,000.

Have a nice evening

Last edited by pootersmommy; 09-03-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Here's what I did.

VEGGIE BURGERS
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 can corn rinsed and drained.
1 med. zucchini grated
1 whole carrot - grated
1 small onion - chopped
1 small bell pepper - chopped
2 eggs
about 10 crackers - crushed (I'm thinking cheese crackers would be good)
about 3/4 C flour
seasoned with garlic powder and about 1/4 C parm. cheese

Consistency before frying was that of salmon patties. Fried 8 burgers in a bit of olive oil.
Yummy.
Very lo-cal meal.

I was just winging it - so you could add what you want.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Liz have a wonderful time away , happy birthday

Ellen I have a lot of produce also & not much energy but I will get it used up

Connie I need to look up my recipe. I will do it by tomorrow. Huge savings each month great job

Roberta I am so sorry dh was turned out again. It just does no seem right. Good Luck on your appeal

Cheryl have a ball, you ghost walk & dinner sounds like a blast

Norma great going on the hats

Chris enjoy your class tonight

Charlotte I feel for your dd. I hope she gives it at least a month before she comes home. Something that different takes time getting used too

I was totally wasted last night. Something about the dentist chair set my stenosis off & I was a mess. That on top of running all day & I was in bed by 9 with a muscle relaxer in me. Iím still pretty sore today but functioning. The repairman came for the dryer & fixed it to the tune of $145. 00, could have been worse but that on top of dental cleanings & x-rays to the tune of $338.00 yesterday blew a huge hole in this monthís budget. I still have my nieces wedding Saturday. Trying a new recipe for pulled chicken breasts for dinner

Old 09-03-2014, 02:42 PM

Ice Bucket Challenge

Thought you all would get a kick out of this:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203335034349037

Anna
Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Liz, Happy Birthday.

Roberta, I had been wondering about the SS also, so sorry he was denied again, I agree with Conniw, it makes no sense how they determine these things. So glad your AC was an easy fix.

Cheryl, I hope you get to have your outing with your df on Friday, sounds like fun.

Dmil hit me up to take her to the city yesterday for a test she had to be put our for. There was a Target less than a mile down the road so I got to go there for about 20 minutes then they called and said dmil was ready to be picked up, had previously told me 2 hours. Have to go to the city again Friday to take dd2 to the oral surgeon.

Ds1 was able to come over yesterday afternoon to look at my washer, determined I do need a new one, will go buy it tomorrow when in town. Also told dmil I would go to lunch with her. She wanted to go yesterday but was only allowed liquids the rest of the day. Seems like everything in my body aches today, glad I didn't have to go anywhere.

Chris, yea on all the freebies today. Glad you and Paul got moved in together.

I've really been getting a big head start on buying Christmas presents for the dgk's and both dd's BD presents too which are both in December. This Saturday is the 2 dgk's BD party. Saturday I went to a baby shower, first time parents, she is close to 40. Both are so excited and were so thrilled to be given a shower. They own the motorcycle repair shop that dh always went to and are also friends. They said they have all these motorcycle friends but didn't really think they had any "baby" friends so didn't think they would have a shower. They have chosen to be surprised on the sex of the baby when it is born so everything was neutral colors. The dad was so happy he was reading every single card they got word for word, glad he was happy but made for a long shower. SHE is the motorcycle mechanic so we'll see what happen after the baby arrives!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Jacki
Old 09-03-2014, 03:40 PM

Good evening all!!

Ellen, did you call either of the places back?

Glad you have so much produce. Once you get it all packaged for winter/spring use for next year, you will be so happy.

Roberta, glad the ac guy was willing to work it out, rather than just order a new part. Hopefully the kitchen sink will be the same kind of easy/inexpensive fix.

Charlotte, so sorry to hear that your dd is having so much of a problem with France. Maybe if she just takes it as x amount of weeks, or days, and marks them off on a calendar, she can see it isn't that long, and she can make it through.

Colleen, sorry to hear you were so beat after your day yesterday. Hopefully you got some rest today, and feel better by now.

Connie, way to go on roasting those tomatoes.

That is great savings each month for switching water softener companies. Way to go for investigating it.

Anna, that was certainly a different way to take the ice bucket challenge.

Cheryl, I might have to give your veggie burgers a try.

Laurie, sounds like you were having a very busy day with all the veggies.

Chris - wow, a totally free day/evening. I am impressed. Sounds like you have a delightful plan.

Nothing terribly impressive at work today. Other than Alice asked if we knew of anyone locally who is struggling to pay off some medical bills. Some people at her church have a "foundation" for lack of a better word - they got together to raise money for people who are struggling and now they need to give some of the money away. Alice said it could be up to $2000 per individual. So I told her I would put a call in to our church, and my sister's church too, and to tell people to spread the word. My minister says that Christianity is like "one beggar telling another beggar where he found bread". She can get us the forms.

Then at the end of the day, I went to punch out, and on the bulletin board is a sign-up sheet for our insurance company to do a health fair. They will pay us $25 for the survey, and another $25 for getting a "free" flu shot. And, it will be on a VISA gc. Of course I signed up. Elwood doesn't know it yet, but he will be signing up too.

Tonight, I will do the dishes, speak with Dar and Elvia and work on another hat. I have the ac off, (just since I got home from work),the fans back on, bringing in the cooler air.

Better go for now. Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Got the soup all done, washing the jars in the dishwasher just now and when they are done I will process them. Got 10 quarts, YEA!
Cheryl, I added some chopped garlic and some dried mushrooms to it. DH will never know about the mushrooms don't tell.

I walked the dog and walked on the treadmill for a while so got my 30 minutes in.
It's been a busy and productive day. Feels good to do something other than my merchandising job. I also made coleslaw with some of the cabbage/carrots. I washed 5 long scarves, they are the rayon kind and had to be hand washed and I dried them outside. I was going to take the to the dry cleaners but changed my mind. They came out fine.

Roberta, I'm sorry to hear about the SS. Do they give you a reason why they think he doesn't deserve it? Just nuts.

Norma, great job on the hats. I'm considering crocheting scarves while I watch my Falls shows. If I just sit there I fall asleep, goes to show you how stressed I am can't even make it through a program.
I will miss NCIS LA on Tuesdays. But I have Comcast and can watch it On Demand the next day.

Last edited by LaurieS; 09-03-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Assistant Moderator

Not trying to get on my soapbox but if you have had the flu shot before, please please check it out. Google it, dig through the internet, if you have alternative health care to talk to please ask questions. Yes I realized the government tells the doctors to prescribe the flu shot. Please check it out.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:25 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Connie I had Guillain Barre Syndrome from the flu shot in my 20's. I was very ill for long time. I still have some issues because of it.

I made dinner at home tonight. Turned off the ac and opened the windows. It will be nice for a few days before it gets hot again.

Charlotte

Closed Thread