Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Nine Year Member

Still hanging clothes on the clothes rack in the porch. With this heat they are drying really fast. They should have the part In a couple of days for the dryer. Glad it was not the washing machine. Might still hang my stuff in he porch for the rest of the summer see what I save in electric on my next bill.
________
Sueanne

Old 08-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

SUEANNE - hope it's an easy fix. I love hanging clothes out.

CAU - cool way to use the points

Frugals today
Made tea
Picked grapes, beans and zucchini - got the grapes all de-stemmed, and the beans are popped - ready to blanch and freeze tomorrow.
Watered bean pots with rain water.
All meals from home.

Mil, bil came for a small visit. She is fine as long as you don't talk about her. She seemed to enjoy herself. That is why I think much of her 'problem' is attitude. She loves to give the 'poor me' thing. Soooooo we avoid talking about her!

It is so extremely humid out. It feels like you are wearing the air.
Have a great evening.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Assistant Moderator

Gregg found a job to apply for. That is a start.

I tried these dusting wipes. I used a baby wipe container I had. I really like them. I had everything needed so free. I cut up a flannel pillowcase I had in my rag stash.

I do not feel well today.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Nine Year Member

Picked up 5 Colgate toothbrushes and 5 toothpaste for $.25 ea after sale & coupons for a savings of 76%. Also picked them up for my sister & nephew as she had forgotten about the sale.

Prepped beef stew for dinner before I ran to Kroger saved 56%. Picked up 16 boxes of BC Scalloped potatoes $.50 ea for the food bank.

Roberta
Old 08-24-2014, 04:41 PM

I had a post started on here and dh logged me out so I can't remember now what I had posted, sigh.

Busy day getting supplies for the shed, Dallas couldn't work on it after we got everything too tired and a charley horse in his leg. He did help us get my truck started this morning.. moistness in the distributor cap. He took it off, took a emory board and scraped corrosion off it, poured gas and between him and dh got it started. It's going to need a tuneup which Dallas will do on Tuesday. Tomorrow he'll be over here finishing fixing the shed.. cost $80 in materials, $50 for him so far, probably another $50 tomorrow he charges $10 a hour. Then more money for the truck... Ugh! The materials for the truck $132.00. I got called to come to work today but told them I really couldn't because of everything I was doing today. I felt guilty but this is the second Sunday in a row that they've called me, my first whole weekend off since I started working there.

Fundraising I'll get to one day this week but have decided to only do follow up's and not anything new.. we I think really have enough and there is so much I need to get done here at home. The Farmers Almanac just predicted we will have another bad winter.. OH NO!!!

Anna
Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 PM

Good evening all!!

Wishing that Jacki will check in with us soon.

Ellen, I hope your dd is safe too??

Connie, so sorry you feel so poorly today. I hope you will feel better tomorrow.

When you made the dusting clothes, did you cut your clothes to a 4" square as suggested? Seemed sorta small.

Hope your dh gets the new job.

Anna, sorry you had to turn down some dollars that would have gone toward shed repair, but the body can only do so much.

Roberta that is a great deal on both the toothpaste and the toothbrushes.

Way to go on the scalloped potatoes for the food pantry.

Yay, on getting the ac fixed. I try to remember to clean the filter on the ac unit once a month, as well as the furnace ones in the winter. Sometimes life gets in the way!!

Yes, it is good for my sister to be involved with Kyler. Seems she is sorta getting a 2nd chance to bond with a male child in her family. And it does make her happy. I wouldn't take that away from her at all.

Cheryl, sorry to hear that your mil is so self-absorbed, I know that all too well with my dsis.

You have had another busy day. Hope you get some rest this evening.

Yes, I usually eat the white parts of the green onions too. Sometimes the greens are rather "tough".

Sueanne, nothing wrong with hanging the clothes outside, especially on a great day. Sorry your dryer isn't fixed yet though.

Colleen, I have never seen frozen fried green tomatoes, that would be a hot seller here, for me anyway.

Nothing wrong with sleeping in a little when you can.

Elwood and Kyler came to mow. Kyler was a real trooper - he was up and down the yard with each pass and thoroughly enjoyed "working with daddy". I didn't get to go to the thrift store sale with Amanda, we felt we would have had to take Kyler, and he can be a real disruption. So I stayed to keep him out of mischief while Amanda tackled the sale. She was really pleased, and I have no idea how many pieces she got into the bag, but it was stuffed.

Well, better go for now. Time to get ready for bed.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-24-2014, 05:31 PM

Norma

Yes, I hated turning down the offer for more work but... at some point you just have to say "Me Time". Not fun me time but things that need done before winter. I am going to have to be ruthless this week and start going through what is in the shed and getting rid of yard sale stuff that is chewable, only keep glass or metal. Heck a mouse had made a nest in one of dh's old tool boxes. So far we are not finding any "live" critters in there so maybe the bait helped but don't want them coming back in. Dallas said he saw what looked like dog food on the floor.. possibly a neighbor who is feeding their dog outside and the rat brought it to the shed for winter storage (or a mouse). I don't leave my dogs food down, when they are done eating it gets picked up and thrown out.

Anna
Old 08-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Assistant Moderator

Norma I didn't measure when I cut the flannel, just eye balled it.
Tomorrow my sewer will be fixed!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Nine Year Member

Good evening everyone on FC! It was another long weekend of cleaning and reorganizing. The two students are all moved in and the rock club picnic was well attended with a bakerís dozen of happy folk. Cost was $5 a head and the club will foot the bill. We get the leftovers for being host and hostess. Food for a week! And I think enough leftover veggies to make both Cherylís vegetable soup and can it up as well as some eggplant parmagiana.

Back to work tomorrow, should be a busy week. Daughter in Calif and her bf are all okay. I donít think either of them even felt any tremors. Daughter in DC and her dh went to a Chicago Cubs game and despite the rain, they had seats under a roof, so enjoyed themselves a great deal.

It is really hard for me to understand when someone wonít help themselves when they need to so much. I have a couple friends that way, they go to bed when something is wrong and just get so overwhelmed they wonít even try to try.

Yay Roberta on troubleshooting the AC and just in time as I think temps will go up a bit this week, not ridiculously but warmer than we have had for awhile.

We also had a pizza victory. Bought a frozen one instead of a takeout, saved 2/3 on the price. And the gas to drive there. We were at the grocery store anyways, dh is getting very frugal!

Those dusting wipes look good and I bet they smell terrific Connie. I hope Gregg finds the perfect job!

Sorry I cannot post more, tired tired tired, but been following everyoneís trials and successes though.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 08-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here I am checking in Norma. I read the posts most nights but don't do much so I don't have any frugals to post. I do enjoy reading what you all are doing.

Cheryl, I am about 350 miles from where the earthquake was centered and never felt a thing.

Norma I thought of you last night when I was watching the NBC nightly news, they had a story on people knitting and crocheting little "hats" which they put in these little bowls for rescued birds. Said they keep them warmer than just a box with material or a towel in it until they are well and can be released. They interviewed a 10 year old boy that had his whole family making them to donate, even dad was knitting.

My dd2 and 6yo dgs came over today. While he and I were in the house dd was out working in the yard. She'd come over the other night and there were a couple black widows on the front porch. So today she was trimming vines and bushes and spraying Ortho home defense max on the front porch. It mostly started when she went out to the garage for a multi meter and saw the tools and ortho spray. Dgs asked why I had his mom come over and work so hard, lol. Told him I never asked her to do a thing, she's just a good kid.

I'll try to stop in more often, I just feel so out of it most of the time.
Jacki

Closed Thread