Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

ANNA - good job.

CHRIS - have fun!

NORMA - Don't study too hard!

I spent a big part of the day working out back in the area the new generator will go. Originally it was going in part of the flower bed, due to having to be so far from windows and anything flammable. I changed my plan a bit today - out about 2' farther. I just don't have the energy to dig and replant all the perennials.
It will work out fine.

CAU - are your gas and elec. lines run incased on top of ground or are they trenched? They didn't say. Either way I should be good.

I made nectar and refilled the front hummy feeder. In the past 3 days they sucked it dry!
I picked beans and watered with rain water.
All meals from home. Dinner was leftovers. No money spent today. AC still off.

Have a nice evening.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Assistant Moderator

Anna you have done a great job.

I am having a tough time. We brain stormed today and came up with five other building we are looking at Monday. It would mean we would move. There are some funny things going on at Gregg's job so he is okay with moving. We are looking and we will go from there.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Anna, your mentioning the donated quilt reminded me of a story on the news a couple weeks ago. A lady in the city near me has her own little quilt shop, had 17 of her own handmade quilts on display on the walls. Someone broke in and stole all of them one night, the value was over $20,000. You could tell she was heartbroken. She was offering a $1,000 reward, never heard a follow up story.

Norma, re the fruit prices, I'm not sure about our fruit prices but the answer you always hear is "the drought".

Forgot another frugal, 20 lb. containers of Tidy Cat litter on sale for $5.49, bought 3 and when dd2 showed up that night I used her muscle to haul them in the house for me. She also brought me homemade garlic bread and lasagna for dinner. Yum.

Jacki
Old 08-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Jacki so glad to hear from you! After all you have been through I do are 199% right I will send others if I need anything.

Connie sorry you did not get building, must be a reason you donít know about

Norma I love NCIS so I will give another one a chance but I agree another spin off. Supposedly there will be another spin off from Major Crimes on TNT.

Anna good going on your collection of gifts

Liz good luck on what ever you choose

Iím a little scattered today, brain just not working right. Dh went to heart dr today. Heart is functioning at 38% right on the border, dr will monitor closely & come back in 3 months. Came home and prepped veggies for dinner. Funny veggies are taking more time then meat. New recipe I converted to what I had for dinner, turned out great

Old 08-13-2014, 06:31 PM

Norma

This is a different quilt:

Here is the link. Go all the way to the bottom of the page to see the picture of it.

http://www.catwelfareohio.com/assets...mall_final.pdf

Somehow I missed the notice but Aaron at the shelter told me today: Mrs. Pickle got adopted about 6 months ago.

Anna
Old 08-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Gosh ANNA, it doesn't seem to me that you've been gone from the shelter for six months. I know Mrs. Pickle was one of your favorites so you must be elated that she now has a home. I join the others in congratulating you for the excellent fund raising job you're doing.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:33 AM
Nine Year Member

Anna, I agree with Joyce and the others, your efforts in the fundraising will certainly help those little kitties! I took a peak at the quilt and was so tempted to buy raffle tickets, it is such a sweet design!

Cau, veggies in the crockpot also take longer than the meat, it is funny to me too. Sorry you had a scattered day, those kinds of days are bothersome, arenít they?! Did you mean to say that your dhís stroke volume was at 38%? I was trying to remember all the formulas I learned some thirty or more years ago in graduate school and even after checking Wikipedia on SV, ejection fraction, and a couple other things, I couldnít figure it out! Anyways, I am glad he doesnít need a check up more than every three months, so he must be holding his own then.

Jackie, good thing on getting that kitty litter into the house with the help of your daughter! So sad about the lady with the stolen quilts! Our fruit prices are about the same as yours. My husbandís workshop is one of those places like you described. Not sure how I would clean it up if he ever departed before me, I shudder at the dust bunnies in there, but boy, if something needed to be fixed or replaced, that is the place to go. Glad you were able to forestall a repair bill or new purchase on the phone.

Connie, how disappointing to not get your bid for the building accepted. Iíd wager it isnít personal but some other machinations going on with plans for that site. Are you looking for a building to set up your holistic health center? I hope you donít need to move, it has been fun hearing how you have settled into and are renovating your current place.

Cheryl, glad you got a chance to recharge your batteries. Our hummingbirds havenít been as active this year. We have been enjoying garden produce in droves now. Made some cabbage rolls in the crockpot yesterday and was able to freeze up two meals and have dinner set aside for Friday besides. Still have a quart plus of tomato sauce, not going to can it but keep working it off in meals over the next week. Please share the make and model of your generator, I think we ought to think about one too and I am not sure where to start, I thought they were mostly portable but it sounds like yours is a permanent installation?

Norma, could be Karen and Jean are on vacation? It is a bit disconcerting though when one of us drops off unexpectedly. We have had blessedly wonderful weather, some rain, and then followed by a cool streak of 50F at night, only one mosquito bite by the campfire! Of course, it was my arm. We have had a few more bats show up lately which is a good ecological sign as PA bats are decimated by white nose fungal disease. I saw some flooding pictures from the storms, wow, glad you are all right. I am still hoping for an A in this class. And how great that it is over now! This fall its food security (processing etc) so I hope Iíll like that too.

Chris, anything parmagiana is so great! I remember when my dh travelled so much, it was wonderful to have company for dinner, it was the loneliest times for me even though the kids were there, adult company is nice to have in the early evenings.

Roberta, not sure why cities make the decisions they do on buildings. Our school district has been through quite a bit on whether to tear down and build new or renovate and if so, how much and where. The school buildings are aged structures (mold, hvac, etc). Seems like there is a good plan in place now, taxes will go up $200 a year for quite a few years though (just as we are hitting retirement).

Laura, those prices are fabulous! Good for you for taking advantage and planning ahead with buying up the benefits of that pricing. Oh, I am a Ďslugí like you. I only go in fits and spurts. Most of the time I sit depressed, avoiding thoughts of my job, looking for old tv reruns, although we did enjoy watching the second Hobbit movie recently (pay for a movie think it was $5 on the tv).

Liz, a 4-br family home will list for about $2400 here and an efficiency apartment can go from $450 to $800 a month depending on the amenities. In the next town over where rents are less, a 2 br duplex runs $700 -$800 a month. Then there are the utilities on top of that, being in the north, heating costs are fairly high. My daughter is struggling to find a 3-br house in Santa Barbara for $2700 (shared with two other roommates). I hope they resolve the prolapsed bladder soon, you need your rest! My dd2 goes back today at 8 pm and I have to work today during her last day; weíll get dinner together and take them to the airport. They rolled in at 2:30 am from karaoke with friends and here I am awake. Maybe I can get 2 hours of sleep before dragging myself to the bus stop.

Charlotte, I am glad you are staying in the house, moving takes so much energy! It gives the girls some roots too at a time when they are finding their wings.

Good night, or good morning all; depending on where in the spinning world we are all at this time of the hour.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 08-14-2014, 03:54 AM

Good morning all!!

Jacki, great going to use someone else's muscle to lug those heavy bags inside. I know, you put it in the cart, then up on the belt, then in the cart again, and lastly into the car, that is a lot of heavy lifting before getting it home. I am now of the opinion that if I can't lift it, it doesn't get bought. Which is a shame because I used to buy litter in 50 lb. bags. It doesn't work for me anymore.

I understand about the rhetoric, we get it here too - like too dry, or too wet, when you are pretty sure that it is because exports are up, and they don't have a large selection left for us, so they can yank the prices right up.

Ellen, watch for any signals of west nile with that mosquito bite. We have had more than one case here in Atlantic County the past couple of weeks. Also there is that new chickengunga virus.

Also, my very best advice for depression, seek professional help. No stigma, just seek help.

Anna, that is a beautiful quilt, love how 4 cats' tails make the center of each square.

Colleen, did they mention a possible pacemaker for your dh? I hope he is doing better next appt.

Cheryl, you may end up moving some of the smaller perennials when you feel more yourself.

Better go for now. Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-14-2014, 04:27 AM

Joyce

I guess it has been about 5 months since I left the Catique just must have missed it in the past newsletters or FB, it was so crazy working there, physically and mentally exhausting. I was so tired most nights after coming home I'd crash on the couch so I think a lot of that time frame in my life was a fog zone. I loved what I was doing but would never go back to that without some hugely drastic changes.

Anna
Old 08-14-2014, 04:30 AM

The fundraising has been so rewarding and fun.. I have met so many nice people and went into so many businesses that I have never had time to go into.

I'll be doing it again today after my doctor appt. and then that should be it I think.

Frugal is still resisting buying food from the restaurants I'm going in to.. it's hard to resist especially late in the day when it's lunch time but I come home and fix my own lunch. Lunch yesterday was a little odd.. grapes, cottage cheese and a cookie. Oh and sunflower seeds.

Anna

Closed Thread