What Did You Do Frugal Today~June 2014 - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

MARYANN - hope you stop back by. Good group here.

JOANNE - hope you have a nice day.

LIZ - your mention of Scrabble took me back years. My grandma absolutely loved that game. When she visited that's all she wanted to do! Daddy did crossword puzzles all the time - so they constantly bickered about what was "real" words! LOL

ELLEN - summer always seems so much busier.

I ran up to feed store and got my monthly allotment of squirrel and bird feed. 2 doz. farm eggs as well. This should last more than a month, as not feeding as much in summer - little buggers can find their own.

Stopped on way home back at Harbor Frght. and got another FREE work light. Those little things are bright. Might get us a couple later on - would be good if lights were out.

Refilled hummingbird feeders. Made a cover for the one outside the kitchen with an old gallon lid from ice cream bucket. Rain runs off awning and dilutes the sugar water. This will keep that from happening. Have done before in the past. Front one is back far enough to be ok.

Dh and his db worked on power chair in garage this morning. He put new front tires on it. Others were bald. We found generics for a 1/3 the price and labor was FREE. He says it turns so much better now.

Filled feeders and cleaned all water bowls outside.
All meals from home today. Dinner will be leftovers from last night, with a couple new things added.

It sure is muggy outside. Loving the AC today.
TTYL
Old 06-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quiet here today. I read it all but am having a bad day so won't comment
Liz I also would like the recipe

Old 06-03-2014, 01:48 PM

Good evening all!!

Just popping in for a moment between dinner and the dishes.

Ellen, Laurie, I start with a ponytail, then put it up further into a bun. I don't like my hair hanging at all. But I don't want it short either.

Roberta, that sounds like fun, a swim class that is. I haven't seen much in Avon lately that made me open up my pocketbook.

Thanks for posting the rebate for the cat litter.

Colleen, sorry to hear that you are not feeling too well. Hopefully things will brighten up for you tomorrow.

Cheryl, glad you are resourceful enough to make that hummingbird feeder cover. Saves a little, and a lot in time looking for one.

Glad that the garden is growing, and that you have lots of free water to water with.

JoAnne, hope you are happy with your new hair cut. It does feel good to get it shortened somewhat from time to time.

Liz, I don't know what I would do if I were to be chased by someone with a rat in hand. I checked where I put out the poison though, and a lot more is gone from this morning. Hoping they all just die.

Not a lot going on today. We are having "Breakfast with Duey" tomorrow morning. Have to be there at 7:30. At least it is a place we like.

Tomorrow evening I have to go in search of an appropriate gift for my sister's graduation. My dn and his wife are picking me up on the way, so I don't have to drive. I am so bad with directions.....

Got to go get the dishes done, get gas on the way to Bible Study.

Well ladies, you all take care. Norma
Old 06-03-2014, 01:59 PM

Good Evening

Almost a no spin day.. stopped and got Icy Hot for dh's knee's. And Tylenol Pm's for dh. Busy day today.. will be back later.

Anna
Old 06-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Nine Year Member

Hello, popping in quickly before my ipad runs out of charge.

Anna, hope your hubby is ok. Has he had an accident?

Colleen, sorry about you having a bad day.

Ellen and Colleen, I will post the recipe tomorrow. Haven't forgotten about the chocolate cake recipe and yorkshire pud/toad in the hole recipe either. Do you use metric or imperial measurements?

Hello maryann, nice to see your post.

Must go, early start tomorrow.
liz
Old 06-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

CAU - hope tomorrow is a better day!

NORMA - didn't realize your sis was doing school. Has this been a long time coming or a short schooling?

LIZ - good luck with the new stove tomorrow.

ANNA - hope David is ok.

Made tea and filtered water. Have done some research today.
Dinner was leftover casserole, burgers and sliced tomatoes. Will have fried apples for dessert.

Have a good evening all.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:13 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks, Lauri, it has been a while.
I was given 2 tomato plants for Mothers Day. I planted them in large containers. I also started a celery plant. Hopefully, I'll never have to buy celery again.

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:20 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you, Liz. I didn't see your post to me. I am doing a pantry and freezer challenge. Mainly because I want them both totally cleaned out this summer. Then I can start fresh in the fall. Maybe do more canning than last year.

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Nine Year Member

Maryanne, welcome back to frugal today! i've read your other posts around fc and like them..what is a pantry and freezer challenge? if it's what I think it is, not shopping and using what's at hand, I am getting to the end of mine, been since September! This was a good exercise because now I have a better idea of our needs for a year's worth pantry. My professor mentioned that if there were no more food produced, the stores would be depleted within a week. I hope this doesn't happen before the summer is out as I am looking to the garden to build my pantry up again. Rhubarb is coming on now, and fruit and veggies were an item I didn't have enough of.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 06-04-2014, 02:25 AM

Good morning all!!

Maryann, welcome, and we hope that you will hang out here with those of us trying to be more frugal. Sometimes, just when you think there is nothing else you can do to be more frugal, we get a tip from each other, and the light goes on.

Liz, we don't use the metric system here and we are all grateful for you changing the measurements for us.

Hope they get that new stove in early enough for you to use this evening.

Cheryl, she has been going to school for several years now, to be a minister. Hopefully she will be ordained, and find a calling. It has been a good thing, because it has made her focus on something other than her many illnesses and aches and pains.

I just went out and looked - all the rat poison is gone. Hopefully they all got a belly full, and are now on their way out. Just to be sure, I will dose the area again this evening.

Well ladies better go get ready for breakfast out of the house. That is a frugal, not having to feed myself this morning. I need to get dressed, and get lunch in the bag. I am going to re-run last night's dinner for lunch today - a tomato and onion sandwich with some chips.

After work I have to go find a graduation present and a nice card.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread