Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 09:39 AM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~March 2014

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Nine Year Member

subbing for now.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 03-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ellen love the gold stencil in the bathroom

Cheryl it is up to $3,73 here, really ticks me off

Lisa hope your head gets better, good luck on finding the right car

Connie watch yourself, with the bang your head got there could be damage. They are finding your brain is easily damaged.

Charlotte crossing my fingers the sale goes through

Kathy well better now than never with your dh. Mine is forever saying just buy it but partly my fault as I do the budget and always have. So he just thinks it is never ending

Norma smart to get the line of credit, much better percentage

Snow is what is supposed to be headed our way, about 6 to 8 inches. I am hoping they are wrong but keep reminding myself it cannot last forever. I have grandís to use up, bought on sale last month so Iím thinking a pasties. We loved them when we used to go to Upper Michigan. Not much else is new frugal is staying home .

Old 03-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Assistant Moderator

Cau, I am watching myself, my family is too. I am getting better each day. Baby steps!!
Charlotte hope the camper sells.
I have one skirt hemmed, one dress almost finished. My goal is to plan out my sewing instead of so many unfinished projects. Trying to organize them, there has got to be a way. LOL

I am/was second in line for a desk set. I have not heard from the owners. It irks me when people don't communicate.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Good evening

NORMA - good going on only spending $5!! Snow coming in after midnight here.
WOW - 60 days sounds like a long time to get approval.

KATHY - I know your dh wants to make at least what he made - but I always looked at it as less money is better than NO money! I am with you, water is the frugal drink!

ELLEN - we have used our snow blower 2x this winter and we have had a total of 60" so far. Some too wet, sometimes too windy, etc. At least you will have it at home.

Sure can tell ANNA is busy when she doesn't change the month on the thread herself! LOL
Take care girl.

BIL came by for a visit and helped Glen with some Turbo tax questions.
I scrubbed all the water bowls outside and refilled. Filled the squirrel and bird feeders.

Made a homemade pizza for dinner. YUM I also made a pan of cornbread. Glen has been wanting some for quite a while. He loves cornbread in a bowl with milk on it.

Kitchen cleaned up. Need to go out and collect kitty dishes, then I am done for the night.

Have a great evening and stay safe everyone!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

hi all..just a quick post.
Connie, I certainly think I have missed something, I don't know what happened to your head. Did you have a bad fall and when was that?
You know the little rug sweeper most people used to have a few years ago? Well, the Canadian Tire Store here had them on sale for $7.99 instead of $19.99 and I just have a small rug in the living room over hardwood and in the upstairs bedrooms. Dh went to the store for something else, and came home with one for me. That is so great, instead of lugging out the vacuum cleaner all of the time.
Cheryl, LOL I thought the same thing about Anna. She really needs to slow down a bit, or her body will start to complain, and she will HAVE to.

Sleep tight,
Old 03-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

Twelve days ago the storm door came back on my head, smashing my head between the door and the door frame. Dh and the neighbor got me up and to the ER. All that blood and a tiny cut, no stitches or glue. lol
I would love to have one of those sweepers.
I sewed a dress, two pillow cases and redid a dress into a tank top today. Good for me! Money spent on the above was, $1.50 I think. Main fabric in the dress from my stash, bought at a thrift store years ago, the other fabric was a tee shirt I bought today. The pillow case fabric was a sheet from the thrift store, $1. Dress was bought today for $1 for the tank top.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Nine Year Member

The kids are making fun of me. I'm back to not being able to breath out of my nose and making squeaking noise when I try. I put more Vicks on my chest and feet will reapply when I go to bed.

Did 3 surveys for $8.50.

I'm not going to try to go to church in the morning no matter the weather I just don't feel up to being around people.

Roberta
Old 03-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Nine Year Member

lbs

cheryl, our skies are heavy with something, the snowblower took some cleaning up but it is now ready, hoping it is a dry snow but doesn't feel like it, feels dampish; and I really think... H-E-double hockey sticks is going to freeze over because dh and I, TOGETHER (!), managed the taxes AND revamping the coupon box, something up until this day you'd a thought it had cooties.

flour was $1.99 and got that butter too -- 4 lbs for the freezer and some sale tilapia for when I get a food study comnpliance break in a week. Then I had to run out of the store because I was starting to feel the tug to spend more than I should. DH laughed with me this time, instead of at me, he is beginning to understand that shopping for me means work! work not to overspend!

connie, wow that is a lot of clothes for so little, you are industrious!

cau, our builder from ten years came over to do a windows estimate and laughed bec the stencil reminded him of the Boy Scouts...I do like the gold...it was sponge stenciled on with clear polyurethane into which we stirred gold glitter. It is very uneven which adds to the old-fashioned 'charm'

missi, we used to have such a carpet sweeper but it got left behind at dd1s apartment, miss it, that price is great!

say is anyone else getting the american pants ad off to the right with the half dressed woman? i am a little surprised by that one, for this site especially!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."

Last edited by ellenmelon; 03-01-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Assistant Moderator

Roberta put Vicks on the bottom of your feet then put socks on before you go to bed.

Closed Thread