Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Nine Year Member

Sorry for the back to back but I have typos. It was supposed to be quite proud!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-09-2013, 03:06 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning all!!

Laurie, and proud you should be of those savings. Hope you get lots of rest this week. Even a day here and there is a blessing for me to be off.

Anna, I would have have scared after that young man left too.
Intellectually, I know that there are people out there who don't share my beliefs, but I don't run into them in my circles either.

It is sad when you have been so long at that craft mall, to see the time come to an end. Hopefully, there will be people who bought certain things from you all the time, like the hunters with the dirt soap, who will give you a call to continue to make those things.

Connie, what kind of license did the acupuncturist have? Here in NJ, you have to be a licensed dr. thought the AMA before you can take the classes, etc to do acupuncture. And what did you have it for? I had it for high blood pressure and after 5 sessions, my bp went down permanently enough that I was able to come off of 1/3 of my meds, then that amount by 1/2 for 7 or 8 years. At the end of each session, the dr also put one needle in one ear and it relieved stress, so much so that on the drive to my office from his, I could feel it happening. It scared me the first time and I asked what he did that was responsible for that feeling. I was amazed.

Charlotte, you know what you need, and you know how it will make you feel to be totally in control of your future. I am glad that you have support in your decision.

Cheryl, still did not find it, but am not giving up on it. The good thing is that I have totally deep cleaned and de-cluttered (got rid of a lot of really old magazines. the oldest was from 1975 - it had an onion tart recipe I liked. Most were Woman's Day or Good Housekeeping with either recipes or crochet patterns in them. They were very musty smelling, and some had pages that were stuck together - out they went. While it looks better in that area, I don't know that anyone but me (and Asha) will know that it isn't the same.

Well ladies, better go for now. It is 2nd Sunday, I need to get to church a few minutes earlier as it my week to help greet. I put the 16 quart roaster in the car along with a gallon picnic jug to take to Marilyn who is making the hams for dinner this Thursday with the Sandy volunteers. The menu she has picked is ham, mac and cheese, a baked zucchini dish and dessert. I think we will have a lot more than that too.

Well ladies, better go for now and get ready.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-09-2013, 04:48 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna No I am not having any more kids. Way to old for that. LOL!!! I have 2 granddaughters already. I am sure my other 3 kids will have grandkids some day. My baby will be 21 in September. My oldest son will be 31 in August. Where has all the years gone????

Laurie thanks for the huggies. I am sure the day that I have to move out of here will be a terrible day for me. But it has to be done. Now is the time to get the house on the market. Houses are moving. The interest rates are slowly moving up. I need to move on with life.

I am trusting the Lord to help me with all this. I do a lot of praying these days. I am reading a book Grieving Gods Way. It is really helping me.

Heading to church in a little while. I am not planning much else today.

Norma, Connie and Roberta have a wonderful day. You 3 always impress me with all your frugal ways.

Charlotte
Old 06-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma he is a chiropractor who works in Salina. All legal. I had him work on my neck and back. My neck relaxed so much as soon as he put the needles in. I may have to look him up at his office. This is another chiropractor closer who does acupuntucne. Need to check prices since my insurance will not pay for it.
Charlotte the book Good Grief is wonderful too. I used to keep extra copies to give to families. I know how you feel with the kids growing up. I was riding in the van yesterday and thought maybe if I turn to check the kids in the car seats. You know hoping to get one more glance at them. LOL
I am really going to have to be frugal. I bought a case of grapefruit and oranges from a day vendor. What was I thinking?? He said they would stay fresh at room temp for two months. Well one is already moldy. I don't like grapefruit but this is so sweet when ripe. I love it. I will be peeling a lot of fruit and freezing it for smoothies.
Thank you Charlotte, but I am impressed with all of you gals!
This is the blog of the vitamins the gal was selling yesterday. I do not like mutli level marketing. Peroid. She was not pushy at all. She wanted to explain the health of the eyes and what she saw. It wasn't take my brand of vit D it is the best. Rather you need to take X amount of vit D a day, are you? She is certified. Kansas doesn't have a license for natural health practioner. I would have that license if they did. Also goes to show why you shouldn't always treat yourself.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning

CHARLOTTE - good luck with the sale. Hope it goes as quickly as you need it to. I guess you will start looking for something else. I know it will be terribly hard with all the memories there. But remember those memories are in your brain forever!!! I would hate to move from here - it's been 27 years.

ANNA - sorry you are leaving the shop - but if you are losing money, no since staying. Move on to other things.

LAURI - enjoy your week off!!! Great savings girl.

NORMA - acupuncture can be used for all kinds of things. My db did it for smoking, and mom had it for severe back pain.Where can that darn diploma be?????
Old 06-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

OK, I'll try to finish post. My computer went wonky for a minute.

CONNIE - I've always wanted to go to an iridologist. I would love to have my eyes read. I looked for one in the area, when mil was so bad. They can find so many health issues, by looking at your eyes.

It is a lovely morning here. I think I may have to go back to AC in a day or so. Supposed to really warm up and get more humid. We are to have rain overnight.

I may go to the first farmer's market at the park up the road today. It is a lovely park, and they have produce, crafts, antiques, live music, and people bring their dogs. It's always a fun time. This is the first of the season. An old friend usually has a booth there as well, so I can see them.

Guess I better get busy.
Have a lovely day all.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:13 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning all, again!!

Back from church, and grocery shopping. I saved $8.47 and had not narry a coupon. I only went in for 3 items - you all know how that goes. I found the Braggs in the section with the oil and vinegars (actually the store found it for me, I only looked in the health food section). And the difference in sodium between that and the light soy was amazing - 550 mg for lite soy vs. 160 mg for the Braggs will certainly help my numbers immensely.

I bought the reduced bread, even found the store brand of deli thins for 1/2 price - $.99, and found reduced chicken thighs, one pack with skin, one skinless. Man they charge a lot to rip off the skin. I also got a bag of liverwurst ends - lots of slices and a couple of ends. The bag was $1.81 for almost 2 lbs. Asha will get a few treats, and I will be beating myself up because it is not a good diet food!!!

They also had Kleenex 5/$5, 184 count. I don't care that the tissues are colored. But the funny thing is that the Boxtops for Eduation are expired. I am taking them to work anyway.

But my best deal was the 2 boxes of 120 store brand kitchen trash bags - $1.50 each box - found in the clearance section with the bread.

Cheryl, I hope you do go to the farmer's market, and have a great time.

I know that acupuncture can be used for all kinds of things - there are so many points on your body where they can put those needles to help with other things - smoking, spleen, liver function, blood pressure, pain, stiffness, all kinds of things. I am really a fan, but Connie's right - insurance does not cover it, and it is pricey.

Charlotte, I am glad that you are getting some form of grief counseling, even if you are doing it for yourself with a book.

I know you will do what is right for you.

Ladies, better go for now, and get a sandwich - of liverwurst of course, it is truly one of my guilty pleasures.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-09-2013, 09:16 AM

Well we're on the fence about the store, sigh! I have been talking to our accountant, still waiting for more answers.

If we leave the store, we will not get back as much on our income tax returns as the losses offset dh's wages. I am waiting to hear a estimate of how much less we'd. get back. Dh did bring up that without all the complicated taxes we could start doing our own again after this year so no accounting fee's $300 plus $1200 rent fee's, so...

We have till the 15th to decide what we're going to do. I'm glad I didn't get caught by surprise.

Anna
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 AM

Norma

You got me to thinking.. I have no idea where dh's or my birth certificates are at??? I haven't had to use one since I got my drivers license 20 plus years ago. Yeah, I was a late learner LOL!

I need to check into how to reorder them.. most jobs now days want that. I never had to use it with any of my jobs in the past but with all the terrorist watches going on now, they are demanding more ID info.

Anna
Old 06-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Something I found interesting for all of us...
4 Simple Steps To Cutting Your Food Budget In Half! | One Good Thing by Jillee

Those Mormon girls know how to stockpile food!

Closed Thread