Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope your all having a good weekend so far. Dh is gone for a little while to a family reunion and yds spent the night at ods house. Thought it would be a good time to spend a little time on the computer.

Anna, good luck today I look forward to hearing about your yard sale.

Jacki, I am so sorry about your dh's numbers but I too am still praying for him to have a complete healing from this. I am sorry for all that you and him are going through. Yeah I have cut my hair different of times over the years and I believe it was about 5 years ago when I last had it cut.

JoAnne, I really don't know why I have my hair so long. When we were growing up we really weren't allowed to have our hair cut and for the past several years I have been dealing with a lot of health problems and to be honest I have pretty much given up on many parts of life including how I look. I hated my last hair cut and just quit going. I am hoping I can come up with a way to have it cut but then again I am kinda used to it too. That's nice of you to help out your dgd.

Laurie, the doctor didn't say how long he thought it would take to feel better. I really didn't get to talk much to the surgeon when I was in the hospital. He just said to not be lifting and to take it easy. I go see him Monday and hopefully he will get these staples out. Most doctors take them out a lot sooner. I can see many improvements but I am still very sore and I still have some swelling on my hip and very bad shooting pains in my leg on the same side.

Well I guess I am going to go fix me some oatmeal. Its nearly lunch time but I haven't eaten today. I didn't feel like it but now I am getting hungry. Hope everyone has a good day.
Jean
Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Nine Year Member

Well I didn't get back to bed so now I might as well stay up.

Jean you could have 12 inches cut off and donate it. Then wait awhile and see how you feel about it then have another 12 inches cut off to donate if you feel you want it shorter.

Roberta
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

hi all,

It's a perfect beautiful Saturday morning here, the sun is shining and no sign of rain or wind. I will be going out on my scooter soon this afternoon.

Thanks Cheryl, for explaining the Braggs, I use Worcestshire sauce in a few of my meat recipes.

Dh & I both napped this morning in our loungers, LOL. He said, what makes us so lazy when we read the paper, it must be something in it, ha, ha. I said it is just a lazy peaceful morning, something to be awfully thankful for.

Spoke to dd and dgd last night on Skype. Dgd is so organized, she has her spread sheets all done, on how she will come up with the $$'s. It is $17,000. for one term at this school she will be going to. She will come up with approx. $10,000. herself with her part time jobs, then she applied to the Govt. for student help, and a bursary from her University. One of her plans is to work with Feed the Children when she is through school, along with lots of other ideas. The studies actually take place in a castle. Anyone who wants to look it up on the internet, just go to Google, and put in Castle school in the UK.com
My other dgd is still making her jewellery, and if anyone from this forum would like to buy her things at a really reasonable price, she will pay for the postage. It's on Facebook, and the Creative One is her page. She has added more bracelets and necklaces, that are great for little gifts.

Sorry your dh isn't feeling up to snuff Jacki. Sleep is the best medicine most times.
Hopefully his numbers start to go down again. My sis is always anxious when she has to have her blood work done, because of the leukemia. She also had her first appt. when they put the needle in her eye, ewwww, I don't think I could stand it.

BBL
Old 06-08-2013, 11:14 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good afternoon all!!

Still working on the cleaning. I pulled out one tote to find 4 afghans and 2 Christmas stockings I forgot I had made. Another tote had a lot of yarn I had forgotten about. Then I found a ring I thought I had lost many years ago - it is gold and peridot.

Went through one box of books and discarded anything I know I don't care for, magazines I kept and don't know why. I have another box of magazines to do, and I need to vacuum.

JoAnn, how wonderful that your dgd knows exactly how to pay for what she wants. Shows great organizational skills, and motivation. I am sure she will be wildly successful at whatever she wants to do with her life.

Charlotte, my laundry went out the door, and came right back in, it started to sprinkle as I was getting it to the line, so I just brought it back in and hung it in the bathroom. Hope the realtor gives you a good number.

Jean, make a list and use it when you talk to the doctor. Sometimes once we get in there, we forget to ask the questions, or make the comments we need to get the right answers.

Roberta, I did get about 1/2 hour's nap in, and it felt really good. I even slept in late this morning, and still wasn't quite up for the day.

Well, better get back to the grind.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Good afternoon everyone.

JEAN - I was going to say the same thing. Just think how many people you could help with all that hair!!!!
Enjoy your quiet day.

NORMA - wow - you are just finding all kinds of treasures!!! You should be pretty well set this holiday season with gifts.
Our diplomas were made the same way. Sure hope you find it. Pray on it!

JOANNE - you just have to be so proud of your dgd! Glad she knows what she wants to do.
I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up! LOL

It's an absolutely beautiful day here. Windows open and a great breeze coming thru.
It has been a quiet day as well. Just kind of taking it easy after what seems like a busy week.
I filtered water and made tea. Watered pots outside with rain water. Piddling around doing this and that.
All meals from home today. Making fish and a nice salad for dinner. Simple - the way I like it.
I took about a half hour nap as well.

Have a good one!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:14 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Norma I have decided to sell the house. I can make a good profit to put down on a smaller house and have a lower mortgage. We are going to list it next week. I am excited and scared to death at the same time. I have been in this house for 17 yrs. I have a lot of things to go thru. I raised our 4 kids in this house. I have told the kids I am selling. 2 of them are sad about it but understand. 2 of them where just waiting for me to make this decision. NO hits with the camper. I need to get the truck advertised this week.

I did get the wash pretty much dry out on the line. We got a few sprinkles of rain but that was it. I did threw a few jeans in the dryer to take make them a little softer.

Tonight I am just hanging out at home. I made my menus for the week. The girls helped me with ideas for dinner this week. They both like to help me cook.

Charlotte
Old 06-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products Here is info about Braggs.

If anyone is having trouble finding pink salt, please pm me.

LOL about long hair, mine is halfway down my back and I am loving it. I spend less time messing with it long than I do when it is short. Of course no it is wavy/curly and that helps a lot.
Anna how did the sale go?

We spent the day at the church I found a year ago. We all had our eyes read, I can't spell the correct name. We each have a folder of printouts of the findings and suggestions. I am amazed on what she could see in our eyes. I had acupuncture also. Did I tell you a friend I met there is buying a old nursing home and turning it into a holistic health care center? I am following her ideas closely. Lots of different ways this can go for us. I am excited.

Last edited by bluebird; 06-08-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:58 PM

Norma

Your breakfast sounds wonderful.

Thanks for the well wishes on the yard sale everyone.

We didn't make as much as last week but still did good. Several neighbors came over and bought stuff.

What is selling the most is the candles, soaps and melts and sold out of the children's books. Which is good but .. I still have alot of household stuff to get rid of.

I have had my sisters food processor in the sale twice and no interest. One more time and it's getting donated. It's way too heavy to keep lugging in and out. So we're done till July now I think. Our truck needs the AC charged again and money is going to still be tight for awhile with car and truck tags coming up so I'll drive down to Logan by myself the end of the month and load it all up. Nothing real heavy but I wanted to donate the bookcases and dh wants me to bring them home, so.. I've only driven to Logan a couple times by myself, it just seems like such a long drive 54 miles each way. I think he's alot sad that we won't ever go that way again.. it's beautiful but we rarely have time anymore to just go for a drive and when we do it's to Cleveland to see dd. He said he's stil hanging on to hope that the store will turn around.

So anyways.. interesting people I met today, a KKK member.. Funny how conversations start, we had a rebel flag license plate from the state of Ga. and I was talking about how we boughtit 10 years ago and were afraid to display it for fear people would get the wrong idea and smash our windshield or something. He lifted his shirt and showed me his tatoo "White Pride" across his belly. Young guy. They did buy stuff, candle tarts, melts, children's books. I guess that was one of the more interesting customers. It was a slow day didn't seem to be much traffic but a huge amount of bikers all day on our street, there must have been some kind of convention here in town in our area??

Charlotte

A smaller house is probably a good thing.. you probably aren't expecting to have more children in the future, grandbabies maybe? And if you will be living alone, no sense in rattling around in a big empty house. I know it had to be a tough decision, all those memories. We're lived in ours 20 years now.

Well gang, I'm really sleepy been up since 6am and no nap.

Frugal today was having a quick and easy dinner plan: Cheeseburgers cooked on the George Foreman grill and french fries. Dessert was strawberry ice cream. So no money was spent today and no gasoline was used.

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 06-08-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:03 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Connie glad you had a nice day at church. Sounds very interesting. Never knew they could read your eyes.

Charlotte
Old 06-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Nine Year Member

Good morning ladies......I can't sleep so here I am!
I did very well at the grocery store. My total saavings was 68.38. I am quite rpud. lol
I am off for the week. Looking so forward to it. I loose money with unemploymnet but I am still looking forward to it,
Jean Take your time and heal.
Charlotte I am sending you hugs.
Welp! Going to try to get a little sleep.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills

Closed Thread