Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~May 2013

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 05-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Cheryl

That is me with Maddy's project.. I am just itching to do more research for her, LOL! Of course I don't have to worry about what grade I'll get and peer pressure LOL!

Jean

Yes, these girls while they know what things cost they still want, want, want. They help Melissa each week with the delivery of the sales flyers and get paid $70 each I think bi wkly? so she makes them use that money and birthday money towards whatever it is they are wanting.

Roberta

I did pass on the info. to Maddy about the food stamps and Heap. Norma, I didn't have your info. wrote down to tell her about tonight. She said they did do a online search for apt. rentals for our area they run about $600 a month. I talked to her about making sure to get a apt. with a court yard or patio so that "they" could plant a container garden for fresh veggies in the summer.

I mowed the front yard this morning, started on the back yard and the mower kept stalling out, the grass was very tall and still a bit damp. I finally said "O.k. I give up for now" put it away and went on to other things. I went back out this evening and finished mowing the back yard.

Joann

Sorry to hear about having the teeth pulled but I think after it's all done you'll be relieved to be "pain free" from the teeth issues that keep cropping up.

I have one tooth that has a crack in it, they told me to not eat nuts on that side and they'll keep a close watch on it. It was cracked the last time I was in and no changes.

Cheryl

I'm jealous.. I love those old wash tubs. Are you talking about a bath tub with claw feet or the utility tubs? The first craft store we were in, they had a old claw tub out on the deck (it surrounded two sides of the store) and had it filled with flowers, absolutely awesome!

And I'll look up that article and see if I can read it.

Well gang, I'm tired.. talked to dd for a second tonight, she is going to meet with the surgeon tommorow. So she'll have a better idea of what the surgery date is going to be. They have to do another CAT scan and a oxygen level test to make sure she has indeed quit smoking ( she's down to 2 cigarettes a day so hopefully that is low enough).

I did dehydrate 6 bell peppers today, filled 1 quart jar.. will be buying more tomorrow or Friday to do more. Not sure about the onions yet, they are on sale 59 cents a pkg.? I don't want to freeze anything now as we are heading into storm weather season and I don't want to loose any of my food.

Anna
Old 05-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good Evening Everyone,

Dh is at his motorcycle club meeting tonight so I get a few minutes to get online. This morning he rode his motorcycle to the city to CBCC to give them disability paperwork to fill out. He was gone about 3 hours so I was racing around doing all the housework I could, laundry etc. When he got home he was finally hungry, wouldn't eat before he left so I made pancakes, blueberry for him and plain for me. Then he just wanted to sit around watching TV all day. I told him we are going to have to find something else to do on the days he feels good as I can't sit and watch TV all day. When he is at work I hardly ever turn it on.

This afternoon I made baked pasta with cheese and garlic bread, we have decided to eat earlier than we usually do when he works so we don't feel full at bedtime. Just have a light snack in the evening if still hungry, fruit or something like that.

Last night we went to the dgk's Tball game, the wind was blowing so it wasn't too hot, the next one is Sat. at 10am and it's supposed to be 89 deg. that day so we'll see. It was 85 or so here today and Denver got snow!

We were watching a show called Barter Kings we'd recorded and they were trading a survival kit worth $300 they said (a backpack with one roll of TP, some little pouches of drinking water, food etc.) worth maybe $30 I thought. I asked dh if he wanted us to make survival kits, he said with all I buy we'd survive for 6 months on that. Not really, he thinks I overbuy but whatever.

So nice and cool here this evening, have the doors and windows open and the breeze is blowing through. I washed all the dishes except the baking dish I used that is soaking.

Our poor old dog Sarah is almost 12 years old and I don't think she will be with us much longer. She will eat snacks if you put them right in front of her but won't eat her dog food, I tried a soft kind and she ate the first couple pouches and then refused that. She can chew hard things so that isn't the problem. She still drinks water. I would take her to the vet but I really think it's just old age.

Anyway just wanted to check in while I had a minute, Norma hope you have a wonderful time this weekend, I'll be thinking of you.

Jacki
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM

Jacki

Sorry to hear about your poor old baby.. try giving her small pieces of meat like that Buddig lunch meat and see if she perks up.

Cooked hamburger ground up might also be tempting.

Canned tuna... anything soft. Mashed potatoes with a little gravy.

I feel for you, we have been through this twice with our Angel (cancer) and last fall (Katie) arthritis. It is so sad to see them give up.. I still miss Katie so much. They are our special children.

Anna
Old 05-02-2013, 02:38 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Had a ruff night. My fil died yesterday. My oldest son is having a really hard time with losing his father and grandfather less then 3 months apart.

Charlotte
Old 05-02-2013, 03:00 AM

Good morning all!!

Just popping in to say, so long until I get back. Norma
Old 05-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Charlotte, I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. Sending Hugs and prayers to your family.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Thank you all for the Anniversary wishes. We didn't do anything special.
We are traveling 2 times this month so opted to have a low key day.

Then there is DH'S birthday and then Mother's day also. May is always so busy; getting ready for planting and all.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Laurie sorry I missed wishing you a happy anniversary, I hope it was special

Charlotte, What a shock for your family! I'm so sorry about your FIL. Sending Hugs and prayers to your whole family.

JoAnne sorry to hear you need the dental work.

Not much going on here, she scalped me yesterday but with the warm weather Iím ok with it. It is nice now but rain due in , on & off for the next 4 days. The weather sure is crazy anymore. I plan on going to the pool this morning then home to call IRS. See if my taxes were processed.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 AM

Charlotte

I'm so sorry to hear about your fil's death and I can surely understand your son's feelings that is hard loosing 2 of your most loved family in such a short space of time.

Anna

Closed Thread