Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:54 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~April 2013

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 03-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, that's an illusion-LOL. Nah, I was gonna cook for myself whether they were here or not-LOL.

Everyone's dinner sounds so delicious!

I forgot to mention that Lea rescued a cute Siberian male kitten last night. He smelled so bad that it took 3 baths for him to get cleaned. They claimed he is 9 wks old but he has to be about 3 or 4 weeks old. He's tiny and hasn't done much except sit on us. Our cat Abbie is highly upset with us all. She hisses at us and the kitten. We originally got her in Oct. with her son but despite being fixed he was urinating everywhere and so we found him a better home. And for awhile she was in mom mode but this isn't her kitten and so it'll take some time for her to adjust. But, Lea said the people they got him from didn't even ask them questions, they just shoved him in their arms. So even though I wasn't expecting to have another cat, I'm glad she got him. He's so quiet right now. I will have to take him to the vet very soon.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:03 PM

Laurie

I read where you were debating on driving out of town to another store and whether it was worth it to use the gas.. I commend you for thinking about the gas used to save money.. I think more and more of us are thinking about that as we map out our errand drive now days with gas getting so expensive.

Cheryl

That's nice that you thought of the rotty next door for the leftover scraps.. I'm sure he'll enjoy it. My frugal yesterday was Krogers had clearanced chicken livers 79 cents a lb. I bought 2 and steamed up one yesterday and added it to the dogs turkey burger mix I already had.. they absolutely love the chicken livers. It isn't healthy for them to have it everyday it has too much iron in it to be a daily part of their meal but a treat every now and then is o.k. I wish I had had a grocery basket with me, I stopped in only to buy meds. and I always check out the meat area to see what is on clearance. I'd have bought more and froze it for later.

Well that's all for now.. off to work on dd's blanket.

Anna
Old 03-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Nine Year Member

We had breakfast at church and lunch at FIL's house today. If anyone gets hungry there are leftovers in the refrigerator that they can warm up LOL.

Anna that sounds like a time I was in the grocery also to pick up prescriptions but was going to get a pack of hamburger for a quick dinner and ended up getting 8 packs all that were on clearance (half for my sister). Luckily I had dd2 with me so she carried 3 of the 2 lb packs to the register complaining all the way LOL.

I'm going to curl up on the couch and read a book tonight.

Roberta
Old 03-31-2013, 05:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Easter everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Assistant Moderator

Happy Easter everyone.

We had oven fried chicken ( gluten free ) and fresh veggies. Hubs painted this morning and this afternoon. Jeremiah and I finished the walls. The painting is done. Good for a 1000 s f room!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:20 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

subbing

Charlotte
Old 03-31-2013, 06:46 PM

Roberta

Gotta love those unexpected sales.. I didnt' have alot of time to run back up front to get a shopping basket as we were meeting that customer but glad I was able to get something, LOL!

As I mentioned heard from the little sister and she actually had news on her kids.. the oldest Landon who will be 19 this year is joining the military, she thinks either Marines or Navy. She couldn't remember for sure or maybe he was still debating. Best thing in the world for him I think.

Anna
Old 03-31-2013, 07:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Yes, Anna tell David that is was a lot of food but not as much as Norma's friend. I wanna eat dinner there! Or at least leftovers, you probably would have to roll me out the door though.
Richie, my son also brought a live crab and cooked it too. We had so much Nicole and Richie ate most of the crab and pretty much all the clams & mussels. I had a taste but not to fond of fishy smelling food. I also made a pig pickin' cake too aka mandarin orange cake.

I'm sure glad holidays are spaced somewhat apart I can't take all this food.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Yesterday was a sunny warm day but today it was dark like most all of the day.

Patrice, I hope the new kitten works out. Those kinds are so pretty.

Jacki, I continue to pray for healing for your precious dgd. Hope all your family had a good holiday.

Norma, those pictures of the baby sounded sweet.

Chris, you continue to do so well with your exercise and diet. I admire you for it.

Anna, I always fix the liver that comes in a whole chicken along with the other inwards parts for my dog and she loves them. I bet your dogs did enjoy that treat.

Laurie, I am not into fishy smelling food either. I have to say the pig pickin cake sounds interesting and good.

I went to bed in the morning hours and couldn't sleep hardly at all. I got up coughing at 6 and just started cleaning. I should of done my cleaning yesterday but I didn't. I cleaned some, cooked and washed 4 loads of yds laundry today. After church fil came up and had Easter lunch with us. I fixed a semi-boneless ham, rolls, leftover broccoli cheese cornbread, potato salad, deviled eggs, green beans and corn both from the garden last year and broccoli salad. I kinda just cheated for dessert and bought two of those little pepperide farm cakes that were on sale. I bought a lemon one and coconut one. I sent fil home with some leftovers when he wants them. My ods said joking well what are you cooking for supper? He is not into ham very much and one meal is really about all he will eat of it. He had some of the other leftovers. My kitchen is a mess. I ran the dishwasher but didn't unload and reload it or wash the many dishes I have by hand to wash. I need to get up early in the morning so I will worry about it then. Yesterday I saw a man and woman who had two baby lambs and a big black rabbit in a parking lot I think to sell. They were so pretty and the lambs both had diapers on them. I guess that was to encourage someone to buy them and take them home in their car. Well its late but I just wanted to check in. Have a good night.

Closed Thread