Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 AM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~December 2012

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 12-01-2012, 05:47 AM

Thanks for the tips on the stie.. it's better today though I didn't do the boiled egg. I went to bed fairly early for me, had a headache still have a bit of one in the front of my head today. And a stiff neck, the new pillows don't seem to be working.. may need more pillows.

The silver spoon.. a real silver spoon or just a spoon?

Anna
Old 12-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! I can't believe it's December already. It's been so warm here that it feels more like October than December. We have thick fog this morning then supposed to get up to 64. I guess I shouldn't complain as we are getting a nice break on heating bills. It's just hard to get in the mood to do anything Christmas-related.

I have managed to get about half of my shopping done. I'm hoping to wrap what I've bought so far. Then I need to find a safe place where Max kitty can't get at them!

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

We have a new baby elephant at our zoo. She was born yesterday all 300lbs of her! So cute!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 AM

Good morning all!!

Anna, I have never had a sty either, so I can't offer you any help. Try webmd.com and see what they suggest would be my advice, if you are uncomfortable with anything offered here, which is probably good advice. It all looks like warm compresses of some sort, even the egg would be warm.

I have been up only since 7:30 (imagine that, I slept in). I have washed 2 loads of laundry (1 is in the dryer, one hanging in the bathroom on the shower rod), swept the kitchen floor (very dusty daily with lots of kitty hair), made iced tea, got my breakfast, fed Asha, and got out the door. I went and got an oil change, and then over to the inspection station to have my car inspected. The inspection is good for 2 years, so I am happy that is over.

I am also happy it is warmer out there today (right now 51*). I hate getting the car inspected in December, and usually forget until the following April, May, or June.

And now I am home, until tea this afternoon. I am glad my friends are joining me this year. In the past it has been difficult because of my sister and her problems. But with a larger group going, I am hoping it will diffuse the tension.

Well, I hear the dryer ringing, better go get the clothes folded.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Nine Year Member

I am subbing for now!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

hi all,

Anna, I used to get lots of eye infections and sties. The best thing I ever found that eased the sties and drew out the infection, was a warm tea bag. Hold it on as long as it is comfortable or cools off. You can do it as manyh times a day as you like, and there is no chance of harming your eye. This info was given to me by an opthamologist.

I think we will be putting up the tree today, and a few of my favourite doo dads, like my collection of Angels and of Santas (i have one that is my Mom's from around the 30's)

Halleluia, my afghan is finished. I just have to decide whether to put an edge on it, or a blanket stitch all around, the trouble with that stitch is if it is totally evenly spaced it looks bad. I saw on one of my knitting websites, they had an edging of 8 stitches that was knitted and then sewn on to the afghan. Does anyone have an idea where I can find a free pattern for a knitted snowman. The one site wanted 1.99 in English money and then shipping costs. It was a cute pattern of a father, mother and a baby snowman.

We have had heartbreaking news these past few days. A neighbour' and friends' 41 yr. old daughter, was a missionary to Tansania for the past 10 years, and came home once in a while. She was just home for the holidays, and went back last week. Her parents saw her off the plane in Toronto, and she was off again to Tansania. The next thing police officers came to their door, to tell them that their daughter was dead (their exact words). She didn't know until yesterday that her daughter had been murdered in Tans. I cannot imagine how they must feel. My youngest dd is 40 and went to high school with her. Dreadful for the family, they will never enjoy this holiday again. It was the lead story on our local news last night, but I missed it and dh saw it.

Take care e 1
Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

AFTERNOON ALL - HAPPY DECEMBER
Boy the year seems to have zoomed by.

NORMA - have a great time at the tea.
LAURI - good to hear from you.

TODAY - I went to a bazaar at the Christian Academy up the street. Bought 2 more gifts for kids.
Filled bird, squirrel feeders, and cleaned heated bird bath.
Heat off and 1 couple windows open a bit. It is 66 right now! wow, that's incredible for Dec.
Made a jug of Kool-aid.

MIL came for a quick visit. Today was a better day for her. We sat and talked for about an hour and had our 'therapy' session! LOL I think depression is finally hitting her from fil death. She has a skewed feeling about her grief and her love for him. She thinks love is supposed to be that fuzzy, honeymoon, mooshy gooshy feeling always.
I told her I never really have felt that. Love makes me feel comforted, cared for, happy, protected, safe, etc. That Glen was my best friend more than anything.
She was amazed that someone else felt that way. I think it made her feel much better.
I also told her I don't grieve when someone passes that has been so sick. YES, I miss them terribly, but I am comforted when I know they are saved and with our Lord. That makes me happy for them.
She asked"How much do I owe you for therapy?" LOL
Glad it seemed to help.

They are putting the new siding on the house next door. It is so pretty. It's a pale yellow. I always wished we had done that color.

Better get busy. Will check in after dinner. Have a great afternoon.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

JOANNE - we were posting at the same time.
Oh, how terribly sad for the family. Hopefully they know beyond doubt that she is with her Lord and Savior and that she has led a life for God.
I just said a prayer for them.
HUGS
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Cheryl, Which Lauri are you referring too?

Closed Thread