Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Connie

Lowes might be able to help, not sure? I know they cut our boards for 25 cents each but we bought the wood there. Worth a call.

Anna
Old 04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello, ladies! It has been a long day and I am looking forward to a cup of tea, my book and my bed.

Anna, I hope David gets to feeling better soon and that the drs. can find out what's going on with him.

Cau, the pollen has been horrible here. Everything is covered in a yellowish green dust. I have been dusting 2-3 times per week just to try to keep on top of it. I don't even have the windows open! We need a really good rain to wash it away. We haven't any rain in quite some time.

JoAnne, I hope you are able to find a nice place to live that's pet-friendly as well. That is a big rent hike over 6 years. It just doesn't seem right!

Jean, lasagna and breakfast for dinner both sound good to me. What did you decide on?

I've started putting together a plan to be able to stop working by the end of this year. I really want to be able to stay home and take care of things here. I just feel like I can't work and take care of dh and my home the way I want to. I'm hoping to come up with some ideas to work from home, hopefully by selling handmade crafts. I have to give this a lot of thought and do some research.

Good night, friends. I hope you all sleep well.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:23 PM

Name That Song

O.k. gang.. I have bits and pieces of a song in my head, it's a rock song I think.

It has lyrics about the bible and Noahs Ark in it, it talks about it raining 40 days and 40 nights, that no one spoke to Noah, they were the Israelites" something like that? Driving me batty I can't find out what it's called. Dh is usually really good with remembering old songs but not this one. They play it on the radio at the thrift store all the time.

Can You Name That Song?

Thanks.

Anna
Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Joann

Yes, I would most definitely rather be sick myself.. dh is scared as to what it might be. And that was one of the things they did mention on the tremors is lead. I don't know if his company still used anything with lead in it, lead is supposed to be banned from USA manufaturing but can't remember what year solder is made of lead and I know they were looking for a replacement years ago.

I don't know if you were with us in 2008 when dh was so sick.. this is when they found his Atrial Fibulation in his heart, 4 trips to the hospital in less than 6 months. Stay overs not just in and out, one nightmare trip to the ER 19 hours before they got him in a room.

Anna
Old 04-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Forum Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Don't know if it is still valid but picked up Allegra at Walmart last week on this deal from smartsource. Allergies are killing me :<

Free Allegra Allergy 5 ct. at Walmart!
Posted in: Extreme Couponing, Walmart // 105 Comments

Allegra Allergy, 5 ct. $5.94, Regular Price
Use $7.00/1 Allegra Product, excluded D or Children’s from SS 4/1
Final Price: Free, Plus $1.06 Moneymaker

Allegra Allergy, 30 ct. + 5 $17.96, Regular Price
Use $7.00/1 Allegra Product, excluded D or Children’s from SS 4/1
Final Price: $10.96
Old 04-11-2012, 05:03 AM

Good morning all!!

Babystar - my walmarts did not have the allegra. My CVS manager signed all my coupons extending the sale through this week, since they didn't have them either. I need to get myself over there.

We are happy that you have joined us here on the frugal corner of FC. Hope you stop by often. We can all learn from each other.

Anna, so sorry to hear that your dh is having more problems. I remember your hospitalizations with him, the sleep studies, the weight clinics. I really do hope that none of this is related, and that whatever it is, they can figure it out quickly.

You can google the words to the song and see what pops up. Or, you can call the thrift store and ask.

Kathy, hope you are able to crunch the numbers in the right way. You know how to be really frugal, stick to your budget, and I am sure you can make it work.

Jean, both lasagna and breakfast both sound good as dinners. What did you decide?

Connie, I hope you have found an inexpensive way to get the rest of your boards cut. That can be so discouraging in the middle of a project.

JoAnne, do you want to stay in the same area? Maybe one of your children know of something that they think will be just terrific for you closer to one of them?

Roberta, way to go on not only getting the coupons, but using them, instead of just offering them to the girl. Sometimes those we give coupons to, will take them, but not use them. 2 children at age 20 is a lot, especially these days.

The French's onion chicken is really good isn't it. Someone had a problem making it stick, but if you put the flour in the mixture, it helps, just like it says.

Cheryl, apparently our temps have been dropping all night. Weatherbug said it was 48* at midnight, and it is 36* now. I have the heat off, and it just 60* in here.

Ladies, better go for now. Take care all!! Norma
Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 AM

Norma

I googled, I did amazon.com, I did YouTube but everything that comes up is either child related or weird stuff. The thrift store just uses a radio station hooked to the radio, don't know which station it is.

We're getting ready to go to the doctors now.

Anna
Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning!

It's supposed to rain today, but right now we have blue skies and sunshine. I have a busy day ahead of me - grocery shopping and cleaning bathrooms and floors. I'm hoping to find some time this afternoon to wor.k on a sewing project that I came across. It's a roll of fabric "paper" towels. You make 13 towels with snaps on each end and snap them on a plastic canvas tube to make a roll that goes on your kitchen counter. One side of the towel is flannel and the other is terrycloth. I found the cutest flannel fabric on sale at Joann's. They can be washed and reused indefinitely.

I guess I better go get my list together and hit the road. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Assistant Moderator

Roberta yes they might but I think they would charge me. True Valuve might cut it for me. All that is left is around the sink. I can live with that until we get a new saw. I do wonder if dh took his frustrations out on the saw. It was a little piece of plastic that broke.I worked with those silly angles for two hours before I gave up. Sat down with him to finish it up and it dawned on me how to cut the wood. He was in a he man mood refused to listen, recut and ruined all my earlier cuts, not nice at all. He wants everything to be perfect. I say that is why we have caulking!! That saw was OLD. Anna I am a long way from Lowes.

That was wonderful of you to give that young mom the supplies!!

Kathy you can do it. Do you have a link for your sewing project?

I started making some thieves cleaner last night. I should have a gallon made by tomorrow.

Welcome Babystar!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 AM

Connie

That was actually Roberta that gave the young mom the supplies.

We've been back from the doctor, ate lunch and took a nap. The doctor thinks dh's got a vitamin deficiency Vit. D and Magnesium I believe and has ordered blood work, so we'll see. He also did labs for his thyroid.

Anna

Closed Thread