Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 AM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~March 2011

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What Did YOU Do Frugal Today?

Anna
Old 03-02-2012, 05:21 AM

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday.

Norma

Sorry to hear Asha is feeling under the weather, did you change her food lately?

My girls are all doing good today.. Cocoa and I went out in the back yard and played "fetch the rope" for a little bit. Run off some of that energy she has so much of as I need to go to the stores here in a bit.

I've got what few coupons I am using in my bookbinder, it's going to hopefully be a short run and not spending alot of money this week. Aldi's will get the majority of our money this time around.

Well I'm off for now.. take care everyone.

Anna
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 AM

This is just way too cute.

Chris

Here is a idea for the 16 yo god daughters birthday, LOL!

Kooky Grandparents Sing Birthday Blues

Anna
Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just have a couple of seconds hereÖ

Annaó
LOVE that video! Funny thing is, my goddaughter would actually get a huge kick out of something like that! Gotta love her sense of humor. She reminds me so much of her mom at that ageófunny to think Iíve known her mom since she was even younger than my goddaughter. The apple didnít fall far from the tree there. And I like the suggestions you and Norma gave meóIím definitely thinking something with a birthstone. Will look this weekend and see what I find.

Hello to everyone and hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning everyone.
Just stopping in for a moment - will read and catch up later.

Hope everyone to the West of us is safe. Storms will be here in a few . Very dark and can hear rumbling off in the distance.
Supposed to be lots of lightening, strong winds, hail and rain. Opened garage door a bit, to give kitties another safe feeling option.
I am getting ready to turn everything off - so wish us luck.

Take care and will check back later. Stay safe. God bless
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hang in there Cheryl, hopefully it won't be too much of a storm, but if it is stay safe, you will be on our minds until we hear from you again.

That video is really nutty. The grandparents are something else!!

I got a nice coupon in the mail yesterday from save.ca, for a free 500g greek yogurt, and I eat it all of the time and just love it.

Anybody got any suggestions for a bd present for my 9 yr. old dgs. He is very clever, and seems much older than 9 and I am stumped. Last year we gave him a bathing suit, a big fluffy beach towel and flip flops because they have an inground pool and he has turned into a little fish, LOL We gave him a lava lamp for Christmas and he just loves it, but I cannot think of anything different for this year. He really reads a lot, and I had thought of a gc for a bookstore. What do you all think of that?

Norma, what is wrong with Asha?

c u all later,
Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Well, we are fine.
Had terrible hail come through. I had kitties scared (indoor & outdoor) and dashing to hide!
The hail was from nickel to half dollar size and tons of it! It quit quite a while ago and the ground is still white and it's 53 outside! The sound was very scarey.
Went out and checked and everything is ok. We have hundreds of branches all over the yard - that should be fun to clean up!
We have a tornado 'watch' till 7PM. Right now it is cloudy and calm.
Can't believe we are having this kind of weather this time of year!

JOANNE - I would get the de-wormer too. It couldn't hurt. I so agree with you on gas prices. It is getting out of hand - and they say they will go much higher. We all know that means everything will also go up in price, because of hauling.

NORMA - I sure hope Asha is ok. I hate it when the babies feel bad. HUGS.

Just staying home today. Piddling around, do this and that. All meals from home. Got chicken breast out of freezer earlier to thaw for dinner.

Hoping everyone stays safe and has no storm damage.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Boy Cheryl, now you can take a breath. Glad it wasn't too bad, but hail can be scary and can do a lot of damage.

The lady at the pet shop said she wouldn't recommend deworming on a dog that is losing weight. Don't know if I agree with her or not. She sold dh a supplement that is high calorie and easy to give the dog. It is in a tube, like a toothpaste tube, and apparently should help. Problem she has no trouble with her appetite, if anything it is better than ever. This is such a conundrum.

Going to my sis's house tomorrow afternoon to label and put names on the back of about 200 old photos, that should be a fun afternoon.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

How's it going Cheryl? Sounded like there was still some turbulent weather in Indiana.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Thanks for asking CHRIS
We are ok - but after investigating, we do have damage. Lot's of holes in our house and garage siding. Greenhouse roof has tons of holes in first layer of plexi - but not leaking. 3 screens messed up. We will have to call insurance Monday. House has damage on 2 sides and garage on 3 sides.
WE ARE BLESSED!

2 entire towns in southern IN are GONE! Many dead. One town had 3 tornados go through it. Area is just north of Louisville. Marysville, IN which is gone - just saw pics and there is NOTHING, absolutely nothing. This was like Biblical proportions. It is just dreadful! I told dh, I am tickled that holes is all we had. Could have been much worse. So far, it looks like all the family is fine.
It just breaks my heart for all those people.

3 Kitties have come home after the storms. Teegy was gone this AM so probably just out prowling.

It is extremely windy (40-50 mph) right now. Getting cloudy again. Got in 60's - supposed to be 30 overnight and maybe snow! This weather is unreal. Tornado watch and wind warnings till 10PM.

Otherwise, doing fine here. Hoping everyone on here is safe!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a big front.
All meals from home today. Made chicken breast, a few dumplings and broccoli for dinner.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE AND SOUND.

Closed Thread