Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good evening girls, we started getting snow yesterday and school ended up being called off today. Back to a regular schedule tomorrow and its supposed to be around 60 I think.

Happy Birthday Charlotte, I hope it has been a wonderful one.

Anna, sounds like you picked just the right toy for Cocoa. My dog used to like me to throw her a frisbee's but now she will go after a toy a few things and thats it. She is too lazy to play for long and I guess as she has gotten older she's just not as interested. You are a good momma to those dogs.

Jacki, I bet those windows will help you save money on energy loss. Is your dh going to put them in himself?

Chris, thats great about the bonus. You are using it so wisely.

Connie, I hope the van was an easy fix.

Frugal today has been staying home and eating from home. I am hoping later this week to take our state income tax return and buy some landscape timbers and some gravel for our driveway. We have needed more gravel for years and a lot of the timbers have rotted and split apart so its really needed. I had hoped we could save it but instead we will try to get something needed and also use it to buy some prescriptions we need. I have not been doing well with how I manage the money and I really need to do better. Its so easy to spend and not see anything for it. Well have a good night everyone and take care.
Jean
Old 03-05-2012, 05:25 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I had a nice day. The girls at work got me one of those ediable fruit baskets. Which was a really nice gift. A bunch of us girls went to Whole Foods for lunch. Dh and I went out to dinner for my birthday on Friday night Today he gave me flowers a tiny little cake(made for 2) and a card.

Charlotte
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Assistant Moderator

Happy birthday Charlotte. Have a great day.

yep sounds like the van was a easy fix.... needed fluids and antifreeze. I will keep an eye on the temp thingy just in case. Guess that is another job I will have to take over too. I am tired of taking over so many jobs around here. I just told him to fill his med tray and he got snotty with me. I looked him in the eye and said if you knew it needed to be done then it should have been done. He acts like a child. I found out today that FIL lied to dh about something really stupid. I am not saying a thing. No reason too.

Frugal tonight was slicing up some left over lemon chicken breast, adding a can of tomatoes, some frozen corn, mexican seasoning, onions and sweet peppers. Had it on top of green salad. There is enough for lunch tomorrow too! The kids had sliced chicken over green salad.

Jean I am working on doing better with money too. I need to buy a new laptop. Gregg is using mine all the time and he doesnt watch what he downloads. He can have this one to ruin.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM

Charlotte

Happy Late In The Day Birthday To You. Sorry I missed it earlier today, I didn't go into the front page.

Chris

Way to go on paying down the credit cards.. I am trying to work harder on that this year too.

Well the dogs are petitioning for potty breaks so better go for now.

Anna
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 AM

Good morning all!!

Charlotte, Happy Belated birthday. I hope the kids were able to get you their birthday wishes too.

Connie, thanks for the explanation.

Jean, you probably handle the finances much better than you think. You sometimes don't give yourself the credit that is due.

Chris, yay on the bonus, and how you are using it. The turkey thighs are at least 8 oz. each, and since we are only supposed to have 4 oz. of meat as a portion, I just divide 2 thighs into 4 portions. If I decide to make sandwiches out of one of those portions, I further divide that portion into at least 2. As long as I add in plenty of veggies, try to avoid starches, I am pretty good to go.

Cheryl, thanks for sharing the secret to your "best ever" chicken noodle soup. You are right about your db and that weather last week. He obviously was not meant to be in the thick of it. Glad to hear that you are on the list for the insurance company to come inspect your home.

Cau, it is a good thing when those leftovers just keep re-inventing themselves into future meals.

Jacki, you actually went and tried your laundry detergent bottle to see if you could get the cap off? I have had medicine bottle caps that you had to push in on both sides, but never something so wide as the laundry detergent caps. It is just too hard.

Anna, sounds like a plan for getting the yard sale stuff together. I put mine away last year, all ready for this year's sale. Since it is all together, I might even go "street-side" instead of under my carport. But, unlike you, I won't have any help, so no "pee-break" buddy. And of course the city always picks the hottest day of the year to do it.

I got the tax stuff ready for Thursday afternoon. Why I thought it was Wednesday, I have no idea. I am ready. And again, there is much less clutter in that are of my book shelf I put receipts, and tax statements in.

Ladies, better go and get ready for work. I also have Bible Study this
evening.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 03-06-2012, 04:40 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Norma

Fortunately so far in our city you can have a yard sale anytime you want and as often as you want.. we have one guy down the street who is actually making a career of it with a "Garage Sale" everyday which is illegal but the city doesn't seem to be enforcing it. There is some vague rule about how many times you can do it before being considered "operating a business" which not only do you have to have a license but also have to be zoned for it but again.. no one seems to be concerned, probably not unless someone reports it. I could care less myself it's a cpl. blocks up the street and doesn't seem to create a lot of traffic.'

So far today, I have wicked up 14 candle jars.. I bought some new jars in a smaller size 4 oz. but didnt' think about whether my wicks might be too large so I'm experimenting this week to see how it burns before making any up. I am thinking this will probably be Christmas gifts for my bil who loves my candles. I made him one for Christmas and my sister gave it to his Mom as I didn't include anything but candy for her. I've also mopped the front room, hall way and half the kitchen, have to finish there and then the bathroom.

We watched a odd movie last night, called "Take Shelter" very slow paced and left you wondering at the end. The guy kept seeing signs that a major storm was coming that could "end the world" type thing and built a bomb shelter. We were left scratching our heads, he did all this food stock up, oxygen, mask, lamps, ventilation but didn't have any radio's or source to see what was happening above ground. Not a well thought out "prepper" who wrote the story.

I am hoping tonight will be the Kung Fun Panda movie but dh was tired this morning so maybe not.

Tonights menu is precooked meatloaf, along with mashed potatoes (homemade) and a salad.

Other frugals is staying home today I think... may make a run to Lowes to get a extra 5 gallon bucket so I can open that second 50 lb. box of wax and distribute it and put it away.

My incense sticks are selling well though people so far are buying 10 for $1.00 instead of at 15 cents each as I had hoped. Still making alot of profit though so I'm not complaining. I'll have to reorder more pretty soon. I took down 650 sticks, have 650 sticks left to take down this coming weekend. My other store is wanting me to sell them there too but in pkg. of 10 instead of loose sticks.

Well off to finish mopping.

Anna
Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Belated Happy Birthday wishes Charlotte! I hope your day was awesome! I hope that you will have many many more to come!!! (((((HUGS)))))

Frugal for me is I bought groceries yesterday and spent under $200! All I have to buy now will be milk and bread and my meds. All meals have been cooked from home, laundry done in cold water and hung on the line to dry when possible. I even hung some loads inside to dry.

I hope all of those who've been under the weather are feeling better now.

Everyone please take care, stay safe and warm/cool.
Hugs, Paula

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com
Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi Ladies,

It's been brought to my attention that there is an ad causing problems for some members here in this sub forum.

The tech people want to know if it's this ad:

Is this the EpiPen food allergy order? (the first time I had lobster my eyes got puffy...) ?

If not, which one?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Tami, Yes that is the one causing my problems.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Ok, I'm going to let them know. Thanks!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Closed Thread