Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Assistant Moderator

I am not seeing the ad.

I can't find the coupon in the Parade magazine.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Assistant Moderator

No I am not seeing the ad.

I can't find the coupon in the Parade magazine either. Will look again tomorrow.

Does anyone grind their flour? I am looking for information.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Gosh, it has been a really long time!

Cau, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Missibob, I was sorry to read about the loss of your pet. I hope your memories of all the happy times with him and the knowledge that you gave a rescued animal a good finish to his life will console you.

Anna, I'm glad your followup to the mammogram turned up something harmless. I know what you were going through--had to do a followup myself last year. NOT fun. Hugs!

Lisa, I see you're getting set for your surgery. Make sure to take it easy after!! Just a one-night stay--are you having laparoscopy or a robotic surgery? Let me recommend something...I put Luke's old bed rail on the bed. Not to keep me in it, but to help me raise up from lying down into a sitting position. That really helped during the first few days. One of those "grabber" tools is also good.

Anna, ROFL about rottweilers purring. My DD's friend has a rottie and the first time I heard him purr I freaked. They all laughed at me and said, "That's just him rumbling. It's a happy noise. When he growls, YOU'LL KNOW." I have only heard that once and it was directed at a stranger, not to anyone the dog knew. And I KNEW. That was growling--a very scary sound.

Jean, hugs to you. Sounds like the recovery has been tough. I'm glad the doctor tried to put you at ease about calling on a Sunday.

Norma, your new cat sounds so cute! I'm glad she is thriving under all the TLC you give her.

great to see you, Leasmom! You sound very happy about your new place. How's Lea? Did she start high school this year?

Roberta, LOL about the boxes! My parents once gave Big DS a present that was in a reused BOSE radio box. Of course DS was all happy thinking he got an expensive radio, didn't even open the radio box until my mom said, "Aren't you going to look at what's in it?" New pajamas. Poor kid! We started passing that box around the family--each Christmas it comes back with a present for someone different.

I am busy planning next week's dinners. All done but Sunday, and I'm not sure who'll be here then. So maybe I'll just let Sunday's plan ride until I know more about how the day will go.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 AM

Good morning all!!

Anna, no, I am not seeing the ad regarding your upcoming governor's race. I see the Philly Groupon one most of the time, this morning it is for Princess Cruises.

Connie, you might be able to recoup all or most of your money for those auction items. Good luck with that.

Kathy, it was just a matter of putting a load of laundry in, and then doing something while it washed, but don't call it multitasking. I remember the days I saw my Mother put a load of wash in, and then sit at the kitchen table (we had a huge kitchen and the washer/dryers were both there), until it finished. I could not understand that at all. I used to want to scream, "Let the machine do it's job", go do something else while they are washing.

On the way home from church, I stopped at the mall and had batteries put into my everyday watch, and the new watch I bought Saturday at the gun club flea market. The watch was only $4, but a style I really like. While they were doing that I went and did a tiny amount of shopping for Christmas. After picking up the watches, I stopped at Sally Beauty. My sister gave me a coupon book she got in the mail from them. It had a coupon for free haircolor and a card for 20% off your entire order. I bought a nail file for another Christmas stocking stuffer. That entire bill came to $.89. Who could argue?? And, then I went to Ulta because I had printed a coupon for $5 off $10. I ended up with 2 mascara, a bag of cotton balls and a small hand cream for about $6. The small hand cream will be added to that stocking as a gift.

I was able to make some headway with the crocheting, inbetween cuddle time with Sandy. She sleeps so soundly for quite some time, then wakes with a start, bad kitty dreams I think. That's when she wants to be cuddled.

Ladies, better go for now, and get something done here.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 10-11-2010, 04:03 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Thanks for answering my question Norma... it must just show up if you are in Ohio registered on here.

I have 3 bars of Dirt soap made and setting up this morning it will take a hour or so before they harden enough to pop out of the molds. Ahh... melt and pour is so much easier than homemade soap but not nearly as good for your skin with all the additives they put in it. But for Dirt soap the guys don't care about pretty skin, just masking their scent.

I have to go to Krogers this morning and pick up meds. hopefully my doctor called them in on Friday, maybe not since it was so late in the day.

Norma

That's great on the bargains you found for stocking stuffers.

Oh one frugal is my sister's mil who is moving in with them next week I think? she sold her house and is getting rid of alot of stuff, she's 84 yo and isn't doing canning like she did in the past so she has 2 boxes full of canning jars for me and a 50 gallon trash can half full. My sister is going to bring them to me tommorow if she gets off work early enough. That's a huge savings.

Anna
Old 10-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Nine Year Member

That is funny Anna, I had not noticed the ad until you said something. Guess I don't look at them since they are at the very top of the page.

Today will be a catch up day for me getting things done for the week that didn't happen over the weekend.

Roberta

Old 10-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello everyone,

I must be daft, are you talking about an ad at the top of this page? or something else, LOL.

Well, we had such a good time yesterday at ds & dil's. We had a wonderful turkey dinner, starting with home made butternut squash soup (not the packaged kind), and then mashed pots., turkey, dressing & gravy, sweet potatoes cooked with apples (done by my dieting daughter), squash, green beans with sauted mushrooms and onions on top, and the usual condiments. We had our choice of apple, pumpkin or strawberry rhubarb pies with ice cream or whipped cream, coffee or tea. It was scrumptious, and this is done by a girl who has a very responsible full time job. I call her the "daughter of my heart", because she was born there. We have a new member in our family now, my ds gf and she & her mom were there. Unknown to us her mom is an accomplished piano & guitar teacher, so we had a wonderful time listening to her play on my ds' piano. She could just sit down and play anything by ear, it was so enjoyable. I did a little "thinking" game with the family, that I almost always do either at Thanksgiving or Christmas where I give them 20 general knowledge questions, and split them into three teams (making sure the kids are given to someone other than their parent), and time them. They really look forward to this and it's a lot of fun for m e.

Norma, you really do put me under the table with your energy and your thoughfulness.

Thanks everyone for your Thanksgiving wishes. We have friends in California that say Thanksgiving is a bigger holiday for them than Christmas. At Christmas, they often just have a bbq. Is this like anyone from here? I think that is really interesting.

Enjoy the rest of Monday everybody.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning. I am playing hooky today. I have tons to get done at home and pretty much nothing to do at work. At this point, I think they are just keeping me around until our current secretary quits and they have to hire a new one. As you know, it takes them FOREVER to fill a position!

I am pretty ticked off with DD1's boss right now. She is a hairdresser and has been with this place for 7 months. She called in sick today and was told she could not stay home unless she found somebody to take her place. DD1 has NEVER called out sick or even been late and has been called in (BY HER BOSS!) when others call out sick. When she was calling around to find somebody to take her place, her co-worker couldn't believe the boss was making such a big deal about it. Apparently, she has never done this to anybody else. DD1 also requested a weekend off a month in advance and was denied. I have been in the shop on at least two occasions when other hairstylists had been given the weekend off upon request. I told DD it is time to look for another job. She agrees.

I am working on some serious decluttering and organizing. I can't believe how much I let things go when I was working full-time. I keep telling myself it didn't get this way in a day or even a week, and it won't get straightened out that quickly either.

JoAnne, it sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I saw the add. I not sure but can the Parade magazines be printed differently for regions. I know when I worked at the print company we changed things by regions for all kinds of magazines and newspapers that we printed.

Charlotte
Old 10-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hey gang!

Kathy, that sounds pretty crappy of your dd's boss to do. I'm with you, she needs to start looking elsewhere. Hope you get all done that you hope to.

Joanne, I didn't really have much time on here yesterday, sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, even without me adding my wishes, lol! Thanksgiving here is one of my favorite holidays.

Norma, wow, your mom really did that? I know a few people like that myself, just don't get it, there are so many things that can be accomplished while the washer and dryer run!

Barb, in answer to your question, he's going in vaginally? It's just the uterus going so I'm guessing lapro. Thank you for the suggestion too, I will absolutely remember it. And you're right, I am trying to get things in order so that the shopping will be done, bills paid, etc. so I don't have to worry too much. I'll have Dan home with me during the day and Rachel to run errands till I feel up to driving, when the doc gives the ok of course. He had said that if I were working they are doing the surgery on a Tuesday and I could be back at work that coming Monday, with some restrictions on the lifting.

This morning Dan and I ran to Aldi, Rachel is at college as they were still open today but Meg and Alyssa slept while he and I were gone. He's getting to know the store well and is fun to have with to shop. This morning I was on here just checking a few things and he hugged me tight from behind and told me he loved me. The change in him this year from last is remarkable. He's lost the "old" friends and is really respectful of rules, helps whenever I need it, he's my son again, praise God. I just keep praying that he keeps pushing forward even when he gets knocked backward.

Plans for today, cleaning the house as much as I can, cleaning out my nasty, filthy car, but first the girls and I are walking up town, we have some errands to do and it's silly to drive when everything is just up the street. And it's lovely out, 82 F, sunny, a slight breeze.

Hugs friends, have a wonderful day!
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Closed Thread