FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What Did You Do Frugal Today (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/)
-   -   What Did You Do Frugal Today~September 2010 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/27878-what-did-you-do-frugal-today-september-2010-a.html)

AnnaInOhio 09-02-2010 01:21 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~September 2010

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What did YOU do frugal today?

Anna

kathymac 09-02-2010 02:06 PM

Hello, everyone. I can't believe how cool it is here right now - 67*! And breezy too! I have all of the windows open and am actually a little chilly. I am so ready for the cooler weather. Fall is definitely my favorite season.

JoAnne, I am so glad that your scooter FINALLY arrived! It looks really cool, too. I know you'll enjoy getting out more.

Anna, sending you hugs today. I hope Angel is having a good day today.

Mish, sending you hugs as well. You must be so sick of dealing with lice. I hope this treatment gets rid of them for good.

I have an unexpected day off tomorrow. There is not enough work to do since two of the attorneys who have been out all week will be out tomorrow as well. I will lose 5 hours of pay for this week but I could really use the break. There are SO many things I want to get done here at home. It will be nice to have off for 4 days straight.

I'm making breakfast for dinner tonight - sausage, waffles and cantaloupe. I baked strawberry cupcakes for dessert. I have white frosting and sprinkles for them.

I need to go put together a dinner menu through Tuesday, the next time I plan to shop. I also need to write up my list and go through the coupons. I'm planning to make it a small trip.

Jacki, where are you?

RobertaD 09-02-2010 02:44 PM

One can hope the next 10 day forecast is for 5 days 30-50% chance of rain with temps in the mid 70's to low 80's. We so need the rain and cooler temps it was 94 today.

Roberta

pootersmommy 09-02-2010 03:45 PM

Hello everyone.

Thank you all for the sweet comments on my yapping about the cats!

JOANNE - so glad you got the scooter. You will be a whizzin' away on that thing. Looks nice. **Also liked the other pic!!!! Too cute

ANNA - HUGS - so sorry ANgel is having a rough time. I agree - love each and every day she's here. Glad Windi is doing so much better.

NORMA - WELCOME BACK - huh?? Sometimes it just doesn't pay to take a vacation. Stay safe. Hey, at least you have a 3 day weekend, and a short week next week!

MISH - You poor thing. You guys sure have had a battle on your hands with the lice. Hope this works completely for you.

FRUGAL today - ran to city hall and paid dh's health insur. UGH! Caught up on city gossip!
Ran to Harb. Frght. and got another FREE flashlight. The guy behind me, caught me outside to find out where you get the coupons. I told him, then gave him a coupon. He was so happy - even shook my hand. He went right back in a got his!

Stopped at farm market and got 6 - 1lb. bundles of fresh asparagus (2 bdl./$1). Cook 2 tonight and the rest got blanched and put in freezer. Also got 2 nice heads of cauliflower for 50 cents ea.

Watered. Cleaned and refilled hummy feeders. All meals from home.

Tomorrow I will can my garden medley now that I have cauliflower. I also have fresh carrots, onions, zucc., peppers & cukes from garden to go in it. May add celery as well - I have it. Use sweet pickle mixture with hot pepper seeds added for a little zip.
Pooter is lying on the couch next to me - she is more comfortable today. Coogy is on the table on the other side sunning himself. They have come nose to nose several times. Even both layed on couch for a minute. Pooter likes to nap on dining room chair, and Coogy was laying directly beneath her earlier. He really wants to be friends.
Woke up once last night and Coogy was sleeping next to me. Other times he was getting my toes!!! Yep, he is at home!!! I think they will be "friends" soon.

Wishing you all a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

crochet2 09-02-2010 04:43 PM

God evenign all!!

JoAnne, please make sure that your scooter is (a) added to your insurance (homeowners or renters whichever you have), and (b) locked up out of sight, so no thieves steal it. And I would try to get the "replacement" cost kind of insurance on it, if that option is available to you. And call your ds to see where he would recommend that you engrave something (here they recommend the last 4 digits of your social security number), and then have it done.

Cheryl, sounds like maybe Pooter just has to "get over herself" to be able to accept Coogy as a playmate. I am sure they will be best buddies soon.

Kathy - hope you accomplished all you hoped to do with today's day off.

Anna, I got your envie, thanks for sharing. I am happy that Angel is still plugging along. It must be very difficult on her. It sounds like you have finally found something just right for Windi.

Thanks for being concerned about me in the storm. I think I have it under control. I moved one of the pots (the orange mini-rose) into the house, and moved the garbage and recycling cans either into the can house or up against the house with something a little heavy inside. All the tomatoes that can be picked (even a little green) have been, the hose is all put away on the hose reel. I even closed the window in the garage. The door is loose enough to let in and out air so there will be no explosion or implosion. Nothing else to do now, but wait.

My gf called me after work tonight to tell me her brother had passed away. This is the one with cancer. All indications were that he was doing better. Her family is Italian, the fighting kind, not the "all loving family hangs together" kind. He Mother is demanding that she come to Philly, spend the night at her apt., etc. Roe can't climb too many stairs with her new hip, etc. And she can't handle the stress her Mother is trying to lever against her right now. I feel so badly for her. But her family will make it through, like everyone's family does when there is a death in the family.

Ladies, better go for now. I have dishes to do, and I do want to go to bed early this evening.

You all take care. Norma

justEricka 09-02-2010 05:25 PM

hi all..no frugal today...i drove 100 miles all together to go to court then to salem for lunch with Phil and back home...it wasnt frugal at all..but haveing the time with phil is priceless....while i was there, i put the tickets in order for him and checked thru thoes. so that helped him out. cant wait till tommrow, because i can spend the weekend at home with him.

joanne...im glad you got your scooter...that must have been a drag waiting on it...

pootersmommy..im glad your kitties are getting along...troubles is still trying to be friends with the cats..they arent very recptive..and hes going crazy trying to make friends...lol...poor guy.

well all..got a few things to do...so ill be back later..

ericka

happymomof4 09-02-2010 05:31 PM

Kathy I love the fall weather also. My family loves when I make breakfast for dinner.

Roberta it has been so hot this week. Can't wait for the weekend and the cooler weather.

Cheryl great deal on the aspargus.

Norma praying for your gf's family at this trying time. Praying for you that the hurricane passes by NJ quickly and out to sea.

I have off for the next 5 days. I worked so hard today I never drank anything all day. I was so thristy I stopped at Wawa and got a bottle of water on my way home from work. I drank the whole thing before I got home.

Stephanie is having a pool party tonight for her xc team. It is 8 boys and 7 girls. Boy can they eat. But they are having a great time and you really don't even know they are here.

Time to get off of here and check on the kids.

Lislyn66 09-02-2010 06:25 PM

Subbing for now, may be on later...I'm sleepy for whatever reason!

Hugs,
Lisa

bluebird 09-02-2010 06:46 PM

subbing... I am sleepy too.

cau 09-02-2010 07:08 PM

Mish I canít imagine how frustrated you must be. I lucked out with my 3 girls but after working in the schools I know it is luck.
Anna Sorry Angel is feeling worse but Iím glad Wendi is doing better.
:rock:JoAnne thankfully it is finally here. Loved the clip art and enjoy your rides
Norma and all other living along the coast Be Safe , Iím praying you are all ok
Cheryl love hearing about your animalsí, it gives me a chance to talk about mine
Charlotte Enjoy the time off , you deserve it
:oops:I Caught my dog eating the neighbors grape tomatoes right off the bush. He loves them and grabs them if any drop but I could not believe him stealing them.
We are getting some much needed rain right now; it is suppose to cool off for a few days. I sure hope so!
Frugal was going to Kmart , they had boneless breast for $1.49 a lb. They were frozen so I let them defrost just enough to separate. Ií have a few more stops to make and Iím hoping to hit the Farmerís Market for fresh veggies and fruit. Otherwise we are laying low for the weekend
:ussvc: