Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,You are right about Discover and watching for the other credit cards.We were going to do that at one point but decided not too.Way to on paying off the one credit card.I know you wil be debt free soon.
Jacki,Way to go on using your coupons up.
Cheryl,Way to go on the free money,
Jean,So glad that you were on here.I am hoping and praying that you will soon start to feel better soon.We are all here for you and glad that you were able to come on and post when you can.
Connie,That is so sad about your old friend.Way to go on the pears! Yummy!
Lisa,Thanks for the link!
Frugal for me?This moring I got up and had to get up to school in time for Donucts with Dad.The yougest wanted to come with and she was helping me out.She even got to eat a donuct too! Then I went to my class and found out it was cancled.Tonight My middle dd will be spending the night with her friend and had to give her some money for the game.I will be home until I take the oldest to the football game.I plan on staying for the game and trying to get pictures of my oldest and b/f before the dance.It will be a late night for me but that is ok.Still not feeling all that great.I have some eggs boiling for my snack later on.
Need to hit the book!
Mish
Old 09-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa thanks for posting her site. She is easy to read and never selling anything

Jean Iíve been and am still where you are but remember they would rather have the extra work and you. My dh tells me that every day and it helps and they know you would do it for them

Frugal was sending my dd to the store. She picks up only what is on the list. Not any plans for the weekend. I want to get my fall decorations out and put up and go to the pool both days

Old 09-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

ANNA - I know some don't pay rewards on all things. This particular one does. We are loyal about paying it off every week. Don't want any debt - especially on things like groceries!

LISA - thanks for the site address. I saved. Looks very interesting.

MISH - see you're busy as ever. Hope you get to feeling better.

We did have our Chinese. Since dh has been watching calories/portions - his dish will last at least 2 more meals (his was mainly veggies with no sweet sauce). I didn't get much - I'm not a huge Chinese fan.
Watered all the outdoor pots and have the animals fed for the evening.
Need to get back to my typing.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Jean, So glad to see you posting. I'm sorry you aren't feeling up to par yet but it sounds like it was really major surgery on top of the other one you had a few months ago. Just take it easy and let your body heal. Could I send you a favorite book you'd like to read or a movie? You're always in my prayers.
How is your family doing?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:34 AM

Jean

I'm sorry I meant to say I am glad to hear that you are slowly but surely improving and while the surgery doesn't look good... best thing, don't look in a mirror when you are dressing. We are here for you always and look forward to your posts.

Hugs

Your friend

Anna
Old 09-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Nine Year Member

I'm glad things are getting better Jean, you do have to remember it will take a long time to be fulling healed from your surgery. Doctor told me it would be a year for full recovery from my hand surgery so I would think you would have at least that long for your major and repeated surgeries in that area.

I baked 24 cherry chip cupcakes with cherry icing for the Band contest bake sale this evening and a pan of cherry brownies for the house. I've done two loads of laundry that is on the line drying, might have to finish the jeans in the dryer.

DD2 has girl scouts at 3 and I have to be at the bake sale at 4:00 my Mom is going to pick dd2 up and bring roast beef sandwiches for our dinner before the band contest starts at 5:00. Our band wont play until 8 or so at least my shift will be over by then and I can watch the band play.... haven't gotten to see them yet this season since I'm always in the concession stand. DH is working an open house from 5-8 for the Masonic Temple tonight.

Will be eating leftovers for lunch.

Roberta
Old 09-25-2010, 10:31 AM

Good afternoon all!!

Jean, it is so good to hear from you. I am sorry that you are disappointed by the way you look after this surgery. But you are alive, and that is the important thing. You will continue to get better. Just please don't try to overdo too soon. I will keep your continued improvement in my prayers. God is good, all the time.

Anna, my cc through my grocery store, gives rewards no matter is what put on it. I have quite a few points that need to be turned into gcs again.

Cheryl, Happy Belated Birthday to your dh. Every one is a tribute to your continued good care of him.

Roberta, sounds like you were on a "cherry" kick. I am sure the bake sale will be wonderful. And it is nice that you get to see the band play once in awhile.

I can't remember much more.

I was up and out the door about 6:45 this morning to go grocery shoppping. I got home a little after nine. I spent $92 and saved $42 at the grocery store. Then I went to the produce market across the highway from the grocery store, and spent another $16. And I still came in the door $10 under-budget for the month. I am really pleased. Didn't buy a lot of meat, but I am eating so much less meat these days (quantity, not variety). I got meat re-packaged and in the freezer, 2 loads of laundry on the line, breakfast, and the rest of the groceries put away, and just collapsed on the couch - for a 2 hour nap. I am just waking up now, which is why I can't remember much more from the earlier posts.

It is hot out (86*), and the clothes are drying quickly.

Ladies, I better go for now, and get some more iced tea so that I can wake up. I need to start another hat/scarf set. I have now completed 4, need a couple more.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jean I will echo what everyone else has said. You are alive and with us!! Give your body a chance to heal. Remember we are always here for you. I had two surgeries in eight months a few years ago with very little healing inbetween. It was tough. My stomach isn't pretty now either. Remember too that after you heal your stomach will look different than it does now. It will be okay. Soft hugs!

I clerked this morning at the Auction Gallery. Sadly he said this was the last in house auction he will have. The rest will be on site. He can't make enough money to pay rent. I understand. Today a Lane sofa that retails for over $1500 had a high bid of $100. It didn't sell. I bought a Lane loveseat for $80, it retails around $1200. The smalls aren't selling then people offer him $1 a box after the auction. He refused to do that today. He said $5 minium. I bought a metal cart on wheel, a stack of enamel ware, and stainless steel bowls for $1. Ruby Red Depression Glass set for $5 and Pink for $4.

Thinking about running to Dillons for groceries but I don't know..... long drive for that. Need to see if I would save enough money or waitil until Friday or Saturday.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma,I am sure you will get some more hat sets done.
Roberta,Your baked goods sound yummy and you are almost as busy as me.
Cheryl,Thanks.Today is the first day I am feeling better.
Frugal for me?Went to the football game and the only money I spent was too watch the game.Then when the game was almost done followed my oldest and her date so to his house so they could change.Stayed for abit her dress had a small rip but his mon was able to fix it.I took a few pictures came home and went to bed.My oldest was home by 1:00 pm.Today she is home with the family and going to try and go to the mass tonight.It just makes it easier on all of us.Finally starting to feel better.Dh gave me some tyenol and that seemed to helped me out.I might go see a movie with my g/f but not getting my hopes up.If we do it would be at the cheap theather.Hoping you are all having a wonderful day.I have more stuff to shredd.Man I have alot!
Mish
Old 09-25-2010, 01:14 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone

It's a beautiful fall day here in central Ohio... I spent some time this morning in the garden pulling up dead tomato vines and cherry picking the smaller tomatoes, will give them to my neighbor for her salads. Still lots of tomatoes that aren't red yet and some bigger ones that were that will go in our homemade chili mix. I was going to make it today but am waiting till tommorow as it's too late in the day and I don't want to smell chili cooking all night.

It's been a quiet day here.. ran to Family Dollar and bought the dogs $6 worth of chew toys and balls to play with and just threw them all on the floor when I came home and watched them checking them out, very cute. Also found Gain dish soap at Family Dollar 30 oz. bottle for $2. Odd that it is their store before Krogers or Giant Eagle.

Well I'm off to take a mini nap... catch you all later.

Anna

Closed Thread