Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

Cau, yes I am interested in the site!

Gals my heart is heavy tonight. I talked to a friend who's son is at Mayo right now. Long story but our sons have almost the same heart defects. Sadly this looks like the beginning of the end ( or should I say the beginning of a new life in heaven? ) for them. I don't know what to say. Another family from 'back home' had a baby with a heart defect. This family was very nasty to us at one church so if I would send a card they would trash it. This family had warning but refused to listen to doctors. Wonder what God has in plan for me with all of this happening? lol
Old 09-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

PennyAnnPoundwise on Xanga

Here ya go girls! I've followed her for a few years, and think she's wonderful.

Hugs,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member

All I seem to get from Hillbilly Housewife is buy this buy that so I unsubscribed. What a smart dog you have there Connie.

I'm sorry to hear about Bobby, JoAnne I'm sure you will treasure the time left.

Meijer limits you to 2 like coupons that they will double then only 6 like coupons that they will take.

I'm helping out at school this morning collecting school fees and picture money. I need to make 24 cupcakes for the bake sale for tomorrow's band contest. I have jerky drying already people are hollaring is it done, LOL.

Good deals Jacki.

Roberta
Old 09-24-2010, 04:35 AM

Good morning all!!

JoAnne, I am so sorry about Bobby's pronosis. Please give him an extra hug from all of us here. I don't think there is one of us who don't know all the feelings you are having. On a lighter note, literally, glad that you will be able to sing again. I wake up every morning with a song in my heart, and it usually comes out, you know - while brushing teeth, etc.

Cau, I am glad that your dh is willing to try to cut out the excess spending. I have a few items on a "wish-list" right now that I am wrestling with. I think I will be spending on these as I have had the items on that list for some time, and can't find a reason to remove them.

Chris, good going on the Walmart trip. Since a lot of my P&G coupons go to WM, I want to find out what their policy will be on the coupons.

The grocery stores in my area have had this policy for years, and years. I have found that the very best way to deal with it is to comply. I grab the number I want of any product (say 20), and then divide my other grocery items into several orders (in this case 5). If I have items I am getting rebates on, I have one in each of the orders so I can have separate receipts for each one. The stores are quite accommodating with this arrangement. It just takes a little more mental work to make the savings work. And it is worth it. Don't get discouraged.

Jacki, Chili's is my favorite restaurant of the chains. They have a wonderful variety of foods, and I enjoyed the chips, queso and salsa myself not too long ago. Looks like you were able to take advantage of several coupons and sales too.

Ladies, better go for now, and get lunch together and get out the door.

Thank Goodness It Is Friday!! Norma
Old 09-24-2010, 05:36 AM

Good Morning Everyone

I haven't caught up on all the post yet, am getting ready for my grocery trip.

Joanne

Thank you for sharing your experience and yes, you do know exactly what I'm going through. Dh and I have very little family that is close by or supportive so we're really on our own except our friends and neighbors who I know would do all they could to help us if we need them. And it is scary beyond belief thinking the what if's, and having to wait 5 days is the worst and then even if they "find something" then there is more time waiting to schedule a biopsy. I really am putting it in God's hands, his will be done whatever the outcome is.

And Joanne

I am so very sorry to hear the bad news about Bobby but glad that you were finally able to figure out what was wrong with the little guy and got meds to help him. Trust me, I know about the Vet bills... just paid off a $500 Vet credit card and turned around with Cocoa and put another $165 right back on it.. got to feel good about that credit card being paid off about a week.

Lisa

Good luck with the apple butter, if it doesn't thicken it can always be used as apple sauce, LOL! I never did get the consistency for apple butter that I wanted but it's still great and feels so good to see all that free product on my storage shelfs.. Maddy's still raiding it though smiles!

Cau and Cheryl

Thank you for words of support as well and anyone else I might have missed... it gives me strength to keep my chin up and keep David from being so scared. He was planning to go with me Tuesday but they won't let him back in the waiting area and since whatever the outcome nothing really will be done or affirmative that day, not sure I want him there and there are alot of stairs which is hard for him with his legs. My friend Melissa went alone when she had a bad reading so I'm sure I can be as strong and not have him miss work unless we have to.

On Hillbilly Housewife, I'm with you all.. it's pretty boring and I'm not into paying for sites either and I don't like the new girl who took over it either. It seemed to me to be all about money as well.

Lisa

LOL! on the list, reminded me better go get mine off the kitchen table.

Frugal so far today is getting my coupons together, making my list and paying some bills.

Anna
Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Assistant Moderator

Exciting and frugal is dh being offered all the fresh pears we want! I have never canned pears so I will learn now. I have plenty of jars and sugar. Can't beat free for the picking. When is the best time to pick pears? I have been told it is better to wait until after the first frost.

I have laundry in the washer and dryer, have taken Stuie to the vet ( teething cleaning ), tidied up the laundry room. Doing good so far!

We want to open the attic up, build a library/game room at some point. We are going to start planning and dreaming. Doesn't cost a cent to plan and dream!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi girls, hope all of you are okay. I am sorry its been a long time since my last post. I am still trying to recover from the surgery. I went back to the doctor on Tuesday and he took out all the staples and the drain tube on the left side. The right side is still draining so its still in. I have alot of mixed feelings about the surgery and the outcome so far. I still have alot of pain and I am uncomfortable alot but I have gotten stronger and I can tell a difference in how I feel alot of the time now. I am disappointed in how bad my body is disfigured from the surgery. My stomach has a big slant in it and the right side hangs down much further than the left side does. I didn't expect that. I think part of the reason is because he had to cut out part of the skin on the left side because it was too thin to keep. I am just trying to hang in there and take it a day at a time. Life feels strange now and I so want to be able to do normal things again. Its hard on my family to wait on me and do what is done in the house and its hard for me because I don't want to burden them. Thank you all so much for your continued prayers. I believe in prayer and the more the better I feel.

Laurie, you asked what the doctors had done. He opened me up all the way down and in the bottom of my stomach put me back together and put pig skin over me. In the top part he just put me back together without pig skin. I had a hernia that was from the top all the way down. I just pray that it works and that I don't have anymore hernias.

Anna, I pray that all goes well with you and I am so sorry you are going through this scare.

Jacki, I agree with Norma because Chili's is my favorite place to go to. I guess its good that the nearest one is a couple of hours away or I might be going there too much.

Well girs you all take care and have a good day and weekend. I am going to try to get here more often.
Jean
Old 09-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Nine Year Member

I tossed a load of towels in the washer before going to school this morning and sweated big time hanging them on the line when I got home. 85 out before noon going to be hot, hot, hot today.

Living on a Dime says that to make apple butter you crock pot it for 9-13 hrs, http://www.familycorner.com/forums/p...ml#post1014490

Connie we eat the pears when they are yellow and falling off the trees but to can them we always did them when they were just a little green to hold the shape. If they are really green and rock hard you have to cook them longer before jarring up.

Roberta
Old 09-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

JACKI - good going on the savings. I too have the coupon for FREE scissors. Will get them next visit. Don't you just love free!!!!

CONNIE - so sorry for your old friend's son. How sad. Hopefully a miracle will occur.
I have done pears about this time of year before. I froze mine with a little sugar and fruit fresh. They sure were yummy.

JEAN - so glad to see you post. I'm sorry that you are still feeling bad. Hopefully after all the healing and swelling goes away - you will look back to normal. But, hey who cares if it works! You have always done so much for your family - so don't feel you are burdening them. It's your time to get pampered. Hope you continue to feel better each day. I still add you to my prayers daily. TAKE CARE and HUGS

FRUGAL today - did go to bank to cash unexpected check I got yesterday. Since it wasn't planned money - I will put it in the Christmas spending stash.
Breakfast and lunch at home. Today is dh's birthday, so he always gets what he wants for dinner. He has decided on Chinese. I will order later and they will deliver. He finally caught up with me today! (for a month).
Working on typing newsletter. AC is off.

We have started putting our grocery and varied purchases on our credit card that gets reward points. We Keep track and pay card (electronically) once a week. I figure I might as well get some extra points - can get some free stuff for gifts. Will never let the balance go unpaid. Also saves writing and wasting checks or cash needed.

Cloudy, warm, but VERY windy!!!!! Rain? - doubtful. Cooler temps starting in. YAY! Kitties are enjoying the open windows and fresh air.

Wishing the best for your weekend.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:41 AM

Cheryl

Watch those cards.. we got a offer recently from Citibank and they only give rewards up to $300 a year and only on purchases for big ticket items not grocery stores. I know Discover used to give rewards for whatever but just make sure you are getting the rewards.

Anna

Closed Thread