Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna - sorry you encountered the rude man with the tuna. I'm sorry but if they were not alreay in his shopping cart, I would have had to take them! I tell people that all the rude men are here in Anderson, SC, not so I guess.
You may have to pay more for developing, but a photo shop might develop the rolls for you. I had a negative for 50 yrs. of me, Mom, my deceased father and my older sister. I took it to Rite-Aid, CVS, Walgreens, and they would say, "How old is that negative?" I'd tell them 50 yrs. and they'd look at me in disbelief. I went to a regular photography shop and he developed it for me $5, but I cherish it.It was one of the last pictures taken before my Dad died. I was 3 in the picture.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Assistant Moderator

Norma I forgot to say I adore the Bring and Barter idea! There was something like that posted on Dollar Stretcher. I would love to have one.

blondie, yes the younger generation does not have a good work ethic. I am praying for you. Hope it turns out.

I turned the dryer repairman into BBB. The case is closed and he never said a word. I need to call BBB Tuesday and see what is next.

Jasmine and I are driving to Nebraska tomorrow for doctor appts. Gonna be a long day. We have plans to see some friends so I am excited. I think the hurt from people I have known forever is still there if not worse because I am allowing myself to have feelings. I will get there.

Wonder if there is a mail in place to develop photos?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

bluebird - I used to use a mail in photo place years ago, don't remember the name of it. Maybe you could search online. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:01 AM

Good morning all!1

Connie, the Dollar Stretcher is where I saw the idea of the Bring and Barter. I thought it was a great idea and wanted to participate in one. I think the women's group at my church is the perfect place too. The men could have one of their own - maybe with tools!! We had to get permission to have it inside the church as someone thought it might look like the merchants in the temple that Jesus chased out. But I made a big point of the fact that the moneychangers/merchants were there to "sell" offerings and sacrafices that were required by the Law. This is to "trade" items. I also suggested that anything that someone had, and had not traded, be donated to our Free Store. We keep a big grocery cart in the church lobby for those donations. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Mish, I have only found the Gain Dish Detergent at Walmart. The size that is free after that coupon, is the 11 oz. size.

Anna, that really was not right of that guy. Here, most of the grocery stores only allow you to use 4 of the same coupons per order. I would be hard-pressed to complain about anyone though, especially if you can use as many of the same coupons per order, for fear that would bring a "coupon policy" with item purchase restrictions on it. Walmart doesn't have that restriction, as they see the value of selling as much of a product as they can stock. But I have gone in and out of a store many times if I have a lot of coupons to stock up on an item. I will do it with non-perishable items first, then go do my general shopping. Just make sure to park close at those times. Otherwise, I allow myself the added physical benefit of the walk through the parking lot.

Ericka, sounds like you had a fun day at the zoo. We are under drought restrictions here right now, so I don't think we would be allowed to break out a grill. Everything here is just so dry. Are you taking the kids out of school next month for the vacation?

Ladies, better go for now, and get ready for work.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-20-2010, 05:02 AM

Good Morning Everyone

I'm taking a trip down memory lane this morning playing some 45's I found at the thrift store this weekend for 30 cents each. Some aren't playing that great I did check for scratches, will have to talk to dh about how to clean them properly. I'm playing "Tie A Ribbon Around The Old Oak Tree" right now. Just played "Short People" and "Living Next Door To Alice by Smokie, found "I Shot The Sheriff" but it was just music instead of the lyrics. Obviously I'm playing these on my turntable stereo.. my mil bought it for me for Christmas one year from JC Penny's.

Norma

Some of our stores allow as many coupons as you want, some have limits such as Walmarts and Meijers guess which stores I frequent less?

Well I better get off here and get some work done this morning.. doggies are all being good at the moment. Cocoa is in our bedroom sleeping on a pillow on the floor next to Windi, she didn't think much of my music LOL!

Anna
Old 09-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello everyone:

I think you're right, we are pretty sure that Bobby had a stroke. One minute he looks like he won't last for 5 minutes, and the next he is going to the door to greet dh. It is very confusing to say the least. You get yourself sort of "ready" for anything to happen to him, and then he seems to recharge or something. Then he will wake up and walk around like he is lost, and looks like he doesn't recognize us. Dh came home from the school bus run this morning, and said "You know, I think Bob has had a stroke, and we should treat him like a human that has had one". I agree. As a matter of fact, he is out now having a ride in the car, that is one of the things he truly loves.

Dh is shopping for a few fill in-s at WM this morning. I couldn't believe it, I heard him in the kitchen going through the COUPONS!! before he took my list. What a crazy house this is, LOL LOL

Looking forward to going to an open house on Wed. evening for a new chorus group of the Sweet Adelines. My sis & I will be going together, and I hope to convince her that she can hold a note as well as anyone can. She says no one would want to hear her hog calling. We shall see, more to follow.

Laundry day today, it is such a beautiful day outside, wish I could hang it outdoors.

Enjoy this beautiful day everyone,
Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 AM

Joanne

Hope that your dh was able to find some coupons... are you allowed to grocery shop in the US and take your food back over the boarder without any hassles? And are you anywhere close to a US boarder to make it worth the trip if you had US coupons?

I've been cleaning up around the house and making tarts.. am making new ones today called Autumn Harvest, whew! Very strong. I'm going to start looking through my bottles to see where my Halo fo is and start making some of that too. I also made Lemon Pound Cake scented tarts house is smelling pretty good.

Dogs have been up, played, pottied and are now back taking naps.. what a rough life they have.

Where is everybody this morning?

Anna
Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,I am here jusy have been busy.
Norma,Thanks for telling me that.I don't think the stores carry that but I was ol with the fabric softener.
Ericka,Glad you had fun at the zoo,
Connie,Hoping your day goes ok.
Joanne,So glad your little one is doing better.
Frugal for me?Today went to target and spent almost 70.00 there but used up 30.oo in g/cs so it was almost 40.00 there. We are all home for the day.No school for the kids or me.Not sure if we are doing anything if we do it will be free and close to home.
Mish
OH and today the weather is going to be almost 80 here so going to have dh grill out.Keeping an eye on the oldest hair.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Nine Year Member

Years ago I used Clark Photo and York Photo for developing pictures. They both were very reasonable, and did good work. I don't know if they're still around.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have been away from FC for a few days again, and I am still trying to get caught up with the posts!

Frugal for me was doing some cooking and baking yesterday to get prepared for the week. I took a little time off on Friday and decided to get some of my laundry out of the way before the weekend officially started, and it was a good thing too! I like to hang as much out on the line as possible, and if I'd have waited, I wouldn't have been able to--Friday was beautiful, but Saturday and Sunday were cloudy and rainy by turns.

I'll try to check back in again soon--just wanted to say hello to me frugal friends at FC!

Closed Thread