Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 05:26 AM
Nine Year Member

I've bought 4 large cans of Kroger 50% decaf coffee over the last two weeks for $5.99 regular coffee was $5.49. Dh has been drinking so much coffee 2-3 pots a day that we have been mixing decaf with the regular that I decided to just by the 50%.

Wesson oil was on sale for $1.99 about 60% off regular price so I stocked up on 2 48 oz bottles.

DH uses Ban unscented solid that only CVS carrys it in my area.

Roberta
Old 09-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Nine Year Member

You are all doing so great with your coupons and sales.
Great to see your post Barb.
Just the usuals here.....cold water wash, line drying. I have several good stsore coupons to use today at Weis. $5.00 of $40.00, free 12 pack of soda, freee bread. I will be using them today.
Have a great day everyone!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Everyone is doing so well with their frugal ways, with coupons & sales! I try my best with the coupons that I do get. Latest ones being Swiffer refills $1.00 coupons, and also a free chocolate bar (I gave to my gd) and .50 off of Cascade dishwasher detergent.

We have had a merry go round of emotions here. I think I have told everyone how sick my pup was a couple of days ago, and that we felt the vet really skinned us on his bill ($330.0) , to make a long story short, we thought he wasn't long for this world, just sleeping most of the time, lost control of his kidneys, could hardly walk he was so weak from not eating or drinking. I was just so sad, and I think my dh was twice as sad. Miracles do happen...,last night dd and dgd were visiting, and I was telling them about Bobby, when up he got up to get a drink and a two little bites of food! Today, he is almost back to normal, still a bit weak but walking with a purpose again, and not stumbling all over. I am thrilled! I don't know what happened, but he is so much better today, that we are just so relieved.
Not much else new here, we have been so concerned about the dog, that we haven't thought about much else.
Light dinner tonight of chicken on a bun, with a side of watermelon chunks, as dh had to leave for work for 5:00.
Oh, BTW, don't ever lose your password to get into FC, it took me 3 e mails to get a new password, LOL.

Enjoy this beautiful day everyone,
Old 09-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Assistant Moderator

JoAnne wonderful news about your puppy!! Our gizmo is acting better than she has in months. Strange.

We picked out the building we want. We don't have cash right now so it will wait but... if we wait and save, we might be able to get a larger shed and save money by putting in the windows, workbenches ourselves. We could buy it on payments but with a smaller paycheck coming soon, we need to watch all of our money. I suggested to dh that he talk to his boss about the tax mess up with the paycheck. I feel the boss needs to know the messes the office gals are making. Gregg has been in twice to talk to them about it and it is still wrong.

It was so cool today I had to wear shoes and socks. Drove me nuts. lol I don't like shoes and socks.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie and Joanne,So glad the puppies are doing better.
Norma,That was sweet of you to be able to help someone out.
Anna,You seem like you are busy and yes that drives me nuts when one store carries an item and you have to go to another store.
Forgot to mention that when I was shopping I was trying to find the deals on the gain detergrent but did get fabric softner for about 86.00 cents each so I was please with that
Today went to church today and then came home and went to my training class at church.I have the day off and so do the kids.I am thinking of taking the oldest in.She has some kind of rash in hair and haven;t been able to get rid of it on own .I am going to try and get the house all clean and relax if possible.
Mish
Old 09-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

todays frugal was hanging out at home with phil and making 75 firestarters. It was just something we had been needing to do, and had alot of things laying around that we needed to go thru..mostly my cache of old yucky candles...i hate to get rid of the ones that smell really nice..but hardly ever burn because they dont burn right. we used a coffee can on our fire pit and melted them out, then made the bathroom cups up with all the lint from our dryer wed been saving for a couple months. we wound up with 75, and more candles still for later. ill keep saving my lint, and mom will to, so we can make more as soon as we have enough things for them.

yesterday we went to the st louis zoo for the day. they let us park free (normally saving 11$) i guess because it was the first hour, and things are free if you go in the first hour...we went to the childrens area and spent that first hour there watching the animals there and seeing things in that area, so we didnt spend that. we took our camp grill,and our folding camping picknic table and chairs so we could make lunch there. we had brats, hotdogs, and chips. we had a great time doing our tailgateing and said we might be rednecks if we can tailgate in the zoo parking lot...lol the only cost for the trip itself was the gas for the tahoe, and the 2 buildabears the girls made. they got the cheapest bear, 12$ each, and a little shirt for 3$ and that was all. i used their childsupport card for that. so it wasnt any out of pocket for me. they enjoyed it too.we did stop at pizza hut for dinner..27 for all 5 of us...2 pizzas and 2 sodas, the girls and i drink water.

it was a pretty fun weekend...

we are planning our vacation to north carolina now..we will leave on the 12th of october, so not much longer...lol.

hope everyones pets are feeling better..i know when mine are sick...im heartbroken...

you all have a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

ANNA - sounds like you got some great deals.

NORMA - Yes, it appears the kitties are staying for now. If I could find a good home - I would. Only 2 are pet friendly right now. Still working on them.
I love the bater idea. That may be a great thing to do with a bunch of girlfriends - maybe have a little and swap out stuff before the holidays. Cookies would be a fun swap as well.

JOANNE - I bet your baby had a stroke, and is now recovering. So glad he is feeling better.

FRUGFAL today - I watched the movie Heidi this AM. I have always loved that movie and haven't seen it in years. And yes, I still cry!!
I did some reading. All meals from home, except my lunch.

It was provided at the baby shower I went to for my soon to be gr.gr. nephew. Boy did they get a ton of stuff.
I almost embarrassed the cr-p out of my niece. Most everything came in gift bags with tissue paper. They kept placing all the tissue in a trash bag. I told my niece I should ask them if I could have it - "that's a lot of money" - not to mention pretty paper. She looked at me with HORROR in her eyes!!!! So I didn't ask.

Well I better wind things down so I can watch my TV show while dh watches the Colts game. Both Manning brothers are playing against each other.

Have a wonderful week.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

Gregg picked over 200 hot peppers today. I cut and filled six bags with sage, basil and parsley. Might get one more cutting. I planted a lemon cucumber too. Gonna try to grow it in the house this winter.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma - the Bring and Barter idea is a great one. I know all the women will enjoy it.
Ingles grocery has Triple Coupons again this week. They did it in June the week I went to Myrtle Beach with my church singles group, cut coupons all the way to Myrtle Beach and back while the Minister drove. A male friend, who went on the trip, gave me the grocery bag of coupons just before we left. The sale was still on after the 2 days at the beach and I saved a lot of money. Plan to visit Ingles every day during this week as it is on the way to town and I go to town every day.
Please all keep me in your prayers. The repairman/painter who was to replace my moldy ceiling in one bedroom balked at doing it after giving me a proposal, saying he was trying to save me money. He is my daughter's friend and client, so I didn't want to sue him but one of my policeman friends was ready to pick him up once I got a warrant. The painter painted over the mold, not good! I guess my daughter has talked to the painter again and he called today saying he'll be here in the morning at 8AM. I specifically asked him what he plans to do and he said, "replace the bedroom ceiling." I asked, "The whole ceiling?" He said he has all the material to replace the whole ceiling, , so I hope he does it. The younger generation just does not have the work ethic or pride in their workmanship like we did and still do. They are not proud of the job they do, just do it any which way they can get away with doing it. I would think since he is my daughter's friend and client, he would bend over backwards to do the job right. I just want done what he put in writing, nothing more.
Beautiful day in SC, cool this morning and 94 this afternoon.
I purchased $12.19 at Ingles and paid $1.66. Then, purchased 4 of the 39 oz. Folger's coffee for $5 each, plus had one $1/1 coupon and $.25/1 coupon which they deducted. Always good to stock up. Those Folgers coupons were in today's Sunday newspaper.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:45 PM

Blondie

So sorry to hear of the problems with the painter and you are right.. work ethics are not what they used to be.

Joanne

So glad to hear your little guy is feeling better and hope he continues to improve. I can certainly relate about the worries of having a sick pet bless their little hearts if only they could tell us what's wrong.

Norma

I am terrible with list, will make them and then loose them.. it's odd, like one Krogers carries dh's aftershave in the scent he likes, the other doesn't??? And I go to these stores all the time, which for me makes it confusing to try to remember which has which.

Frugal today? Got more free tuna with coupons and picked up a few more from the blinky machine. I have a raincheck for 20 of them so will get more later. It's been hard to find them, in fact a guy was getting a box of them when I went to Krogers today and I laughed and said "hope you saved some for me" and reached in and got the last box of 12. He said "I planned on taking those". Oh well, I had been to 3 stores looking for more of them and he was taking them because they were free to so I just walked away. I don't think I've ever encountered that incident before and did mention it to one of the monitors.

Unfrugal I guess is dh took a disposable camera to the game yesterday cost $11.00 with taxes... found out CVS, Krogers and Giant Eagle no longer develop 35mm film, haven't for a few years. CVS said they had one store that still did but it was in a bad area of town so I passed. Had to take it to Cord Camera which is a little pricey compared to the stores but Wow! unbelievable that no one develops 35mm anymore.. what to do with all those undeveloped rolls of film I have even have one 110 that hasn't been developed.

Anna

Closed Thread