Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Nine Year Member

Connie I don't understand why you can't just refill that one paper... makes no sense at all.

I've noticed around town some of the schools are having one day a month to celebrate birthdays not sure what snacks they are allowing as I haven't gotten anything from school about it.

Roberta
Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 AM

RobertaD

We found this info. out from a friend of Melissa's (Maddys old teacher) who was over the other night and telling us about this new bill. Parents may not have gotten notice of it yet. Maddy goes to a private school so that may be different?

Today won't be frugal as we go to the Vet today... already got the stool sample at 6am this morning. Oh Joy!!! Ick! If I don't let her out soon after eating, she's discovered my craft room makes a nice quiet place to do her business I allowed it this morning just so I could make sure I got the right sample without having to search through leafs in the yard (been there with them cpl. years back when we couldn't figure out who had worms had to collect samples from all 3 we had at that time). The joys of being a dog owner.

Well I'm off to run a spyware check and pay some bills myself.

Anna
Old 09-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Assistant Moderator

Our little dog Gizmo had a seizure this morning. Scared us all to pieces. Giz seems to be okay for now. We are watching her closely as the vet told us to. The seizure was bad enough but Giz went into shock. That is what scared me. Thank the Lord for Edward Bach and his remedies. I used rescue remedy to help pull her through the shock.

Today is Jeremiah's birthday ... what a way to start the day.

Off to get groceries. Jasmine will sit in the van and watch Gizmo.

Roberta, past the deadline. I don't think this is 'fault' more of a misunderstanding. I have webmailed the school. I don't think anything will change.

I have a headache and am so tired already today!! Too much too soon in the day.

Checked dh's paycheck stub. sigh.... They still aren't taking the right amount out of his check. We will owe taxes again next year. ****. Just what I don't need a smaller paycheck. Or more taxes to pay. Deep breath... it will work out.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Birthday to your son Connie.
I hope your dog will be okay, that's pretty scarry. Sometimes payroll changes take a pay period or so to get right, just a thought.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, Happy Birthday to your "baby" boy! Sorry about Giz, let's hope there's no other seizures today, or ever for that matter. Sorry about the school matter too, that just plain stinks!

Ericka, great idea on the fire starters!

Kathy, how are you feeling today?

Roberta, how are you feeling today as well?

Charlotte, oh, as you can imagine I'm going to be busy, lol! I have a lot of Lions Club things to take care of as we're having a Fall Festival next weekend. I have to order the banners from Pepsi, I'm in the middle of printing the flyers right now, found some beautiful Fall paper at Walmart that I bought (Lions Club money) and they look wonderful! The girls and I will be walking up and down the business area and putting the flyers up today and also tomorrow morning. I have to call and check on anyone that will donate bales of hay or corn stalks, need to double check with the fire department about a generator and other things they are doing for the festival. Also there's concession stand on Sat and Sun, Meg has a a dance competition tomorrow that I won't be able to attend unfortunately, but she's ok with it.

Kinda wondering where my child support check is. It was sent, per the State of IL website but, it has yet to make an appearance in my mailbox. I'm truly considering getting the debit card, this is crazy.

I did have to get more ink for the printer but the Lions Club is buying that as well, reimbursing me. Have to go switch laundry around then get Meg from school, they are off today but have dance practice from 9 am to noon and then 1 to 4. She's going to be sooooo tired!

I better get my rump in gear. Hugs my friends!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good afternoon all:

Connie, so sorry to hear about your puppy. Our Bobby had a seizure about 2 weeks ago, and it was so scary. Unfortunately, he is definitely not well, but yesterday dh took him to the vet, to make sure it wasn't anything too serious. Are you ready? $330.00 later, he said he couldn't see anything wrong with him. It cost $150.00 to have his blood tested. He gave us eyedrops that were $30.00, and look like Neosporin, the rest of the money for looking at him, He didn't suggest any x rays be taken that would have probably cost us another $100.00, but we would know for sure what is going on. This poor little guy was so rambuncios(sp) and loved to greet dh at the door and loved his treats, etc. Now he is just sleeping, 90% of the time, doesn't want to eat his treats and very little food, he just nibbles at a bit of it. You know how it is when you know something is wrong, but can't put a finger on it. He is 9 yrs. old now, and has spent the past 4 years with us. We just adore this little guy, he is such a sweetie.
I received a package today with 3 free sample sheets of the new Purex 3 in 1 in it. Will have to try it out, and see if it is any better than Tide.
I sang with the chorus of the Sweet Adelines for a few months last year, but left the group because of one terribly rude woman who seemed to enjoy picking at me. She has a real reputation for doing this, and of course no one says anything to her. To make a long story short, my sis told me yesterday that there is going to be a break off group starting up in my town, so I am really pleased to maybe get back to singing with the chorus again. It was very expensive, $45.00 a month for the other group, and I have been told that this one will be much less, hoping so.
I was only at the pool once this week, Norma. I have had so much pain in my legs that I don't much feel like doing anything. Maybe I will get to it next week.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Nine Year Member

Lisa my cold has become more nasal then chest which is good for the lungs. I could have used a few naps this week but there wasn't time. I will be dead on my feet by Saturday afternoon as I'm at the concession stand for 5 hrs tonight and will be at AFM pickup for 2 hrs tomorrow morning standing.

I thought of you today Lisa as I cherry picked 12 "big" rolls of Charmin TP for ..... are you ready ..... $1.99! Wish I could get another $3 ecoupon to match with a $1 manu coupon with the $5.99 sale this week but the ecoupons are limited to one per store card.

I have a pot of beans in the crock for dinner which we will need to eat here in a few minutes to be at the school by 5:30. I had a few ham pieces in the freezer about 1 cup when chopped that I added with onions & carrots.

Roberta
Old 09-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Assistant Moderator

Printer ink... I need to order more. Thanks for the reminder Lisa!! lol Have fun this weekend!!

Oh JoAnne that is terrible about your dog. When we called the vet he said leave Giz alone and watch her for 15 minutes. When she came out of shock, she could stand, walk and drink. She is acting okay now, just tired. That is wonderful news about the singing group!! Hugs.

A friend texted me this morning asking me to put a closed for the day sign on her shop. Boy was she sick. I ran the makings for chicken soup over and put everything in her crockpot so she could have homemade soup. She wanted to go to hiway 35 yard sales but the doctor told her to stay in this weekend. Wonder if she will. lol

I bought butter today. OMGosh.... over $4 a pound. Will check Walmart monday. Didn't realize I was running out of butter in the freezer.

Heard back from the school, tough past the deadline. Not as upset as I was, maybe this isn't what the kids needed after all? Will look for the window that will open since this door is shut.

Met the Edward Jones guy today and feel much better about the choices we have in paying our tax bill. Will make a decsion this weekend.

I am tired since I have ran all day. Started getting a terrible headache this afternoon. Early to bed for me tonight. Kids have their signature dinner on, manicotti, spichach salad and birthday cake!!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

CONNIE - Happy Birthday to your ds. Hope your fur baby is ok!!

NORMA - Hopefully I can explain the no-sew blanket so you can understand. You need 2 pcs. of fleece the same size. Lay them out wrong sides together. Once fabric is trimmed to same size all around - I cut a 4" square from each corner. Then make 4" cuts about 1/2 - 3/4" wide all around (thru both pcs). Next you start at one corner and start tieing it together. Top to bottom fabric. Tie each cut in a knot. Just keep going all around. I have to spread out on the floor, so I am on my knees the whole time. It takes no time at all - of course I have made dozens of them.
You can make adult sizes as well (just takes more matl). Hope that makes some sense. If not PM me and I will try to do a better job!

LISA - as usual you are a busy girl - no moss grows under your feet! Good luck with CS

FRUGAL today - ran to Meijers for their super crazy pop sale again. Buy 3 - 6 pks of bottles of DR, AW, SK and get 4 - 6 pks FREE!! Also found steel cut oats there. They were a bit more expensive than the health store - but I was there, and the health store I go to is about 30 minutes away (opposite direction). So it saves me a trip there for a while.
Worked on articles for newsletter.
Picked up df's son from school.
All meals from home. AC off till about 6PM tonight - then it started getting pretty warm.
Watered everything. Guess that's about it.

Wishing you all a wonderful and fun weekend.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:29 PM

Good Evening Everyone

Joanne and Connie

Have your Vets considered the dogs may have epilepsy?

Good vet check on the puppy today other than they are concerned about her swollen belly, did a ultrasound (free) and think she has some kind of parasite common from dog shelters I guess. So she has antibiotics and worming meds.. groovy!! Also found out that Rottweilers are suceptable (sp?) to parvo so no more walking in public places till she gets a booster shot next month, sigh! And we were doing so good.

We had 5 of Maddy's little girlfriends over tonight, Wow!! 6 giggling teens on the porch. And of course Mom too and our friend Sherry, her dd Brandy and Brandy's bf Taylor. I will miss it when it gets too cold for our friends to hang out on the porch, our house is too small to accomodate that many people.

Anna

Closed Thread